gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975597 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 08, 2024, 02:13 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  £1k Ta .ooh that rhymes
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: £1k Ta .ooh that rhymes  (Read 7380 times)

retrogeezer

Re: £1k Ta .ooh that rhymes
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2005, 09:34 PM »
there are only 580 odd memebers on this site at the mo, and prices will rise the more of you that want this stuff
wait for member 5000

Amen to that Rich......when I first found oldschoolbmx.com there were 8 UK guys!! Yes 8

I thought £20 was a lot for nos mx1000's back then and boy do I wish I bought a lot more sets!

You never told me you were laughing at me behind my back for hoarding stuff tho' Rich  ;) :)

As for the TA's you could sell for £500....I wish you told me coz I just sold a real nice chrome one for £200  :(

Now, about this aero pro burner.......

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2005, 09:43 PM »
Si I could not do it to someone mate , you know me

I merley point out that value is relative to someones desire of an Item , without knowledge of this scene and current price structure, a re powdered re stickered white TA is a fooookin cool thing and people who buy cool things would think 500 cheap.

Rich :)

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2005, 09:46 PM »
si you horde stuff cos you love it  :angel:

retrogeezer

« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2005, 09:57 PM »
Hey Rich...I forgot the winking smiley on the TA comment mate!!

I was happy with £200 but totally agree with you about the price of stuff... at work today I've had to get a pension quote for a 34 year old on £80k a year....if he had or wanted a TA as a kid and knew about the old school scene I am pretty sure he would think nothing of dropping a grand for a bike like that...pretty damn good value if you ask me in the big scheme of things.

I think most people here know how much I love this stuff, I know I'm a certifiable hoarder. Anyone who has tried to get me to sell something will know how much I hate to part with it - I don't even like selling burners!  ;) :LolLolLolLol:

Offline ORB

• Founding Fathers
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2005, 10:05 PM »
Speaking of which...

retrogeezer

« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2005, 10:07 PM »
got a burner to sell ORB??

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2005, 10:12 PM »
Fuk me , people are prepared to pay 900 quid on a sheet of non used LSD IE a big sheet of tabs with no active ingedient non seperated , so there ya go

Offline ORB

• Founding Fathers
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2005, 10:17 PM »
lol...

no,

But I am after a Raleigh Mag 20 (baby blue with black mags)

retrogeezer

« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2005, 10:19 PM »
LSD IE a big sheet of tabs with no active ingedient non seperated

:wtf: - is that??

Orb, like this one:

Offline ORB

• Founding Fathers
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2005, 10:22 PM »
:)

retrogeezer

« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2005, 10:56 PM »
I seriously don't know what this is??
LSD IE a big sheet of tabs with no active ingedient non seperated

Offline showtime

• Site Supporter
  • Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2005, 11:04 PM »
its a secret code! Ssssshhh ;)

:idiot2: ;D

Offline ORB

• Founding Fathers
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2005, 11:10 PM »
Aciiiiiiiid

greentoad

« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2005, 11:27 PM »
Off the subject of the TA but -

The creation of blotter has become an underground art form leading to an array of creative and stunning designs. It is likely that a few of the blotter designs shown have never been dipped and were created purely as art.

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd_images_gallery1.shtml

retrogeezer

« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2005, 11:44 PM »
ah - I see...

My mum would not approve of the company I keep!

sam hudson

« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2005, 11:47 PM »
Supply and demand is a fundemental  economic principle...if no one will pay the asking price its not worth it.

Who's HL turbo was up for £950 and did'nt sell? I think it was worth every penny but no-one would buy it,so you hang on to it until someone is prepared to pay £950 or you drop the price.

If Mr £80 k a year doesnt actually put his hand in his pocket then it doesnt matter what he earns-he's not in the market .The Ferraris in the garage are'nt worth their asking price until they have realised them,they are worth what the dealer PAID for them ...classic car nuts are worse than us,they wont pay if a car is too highly priced.If you try to restore an E-type Jag,it will cost you £60 k to do it really well but you can buy a  nice restored one for £30 K...thats the market for you...I did'nt say it was fair.

I dont get this " its not worth this and that " it obviously is , if at sometime someone has paid it.

If you have seen an identical TA sell for £1000,then you are right...its worth a grand.Thats what i've been saying,i agree with you.I know you were talking about the components and they are collectively worth more than a grand but whats the WHOLE bike worth?(see Jag E-type).

After all this bollo#, i havent even looked to see if that TA has sold for a grand  ;D...i bet it'll sell for about 2 million squid now.

Its all worth it if it makes you happy

This has been fun and raised a few eyebrows,its been like newsnight on BMX's  :tickedoff:

and dont give me stick about E-type prices...this has been enough. ;)

« Last Edit: November 23, 2005, 12:14 AM by sam hudson »

Offline ORB

• Founding Fathers
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2005, 12:10 AM »
The fact is, what ever you can get for a bike is what it is worth, if i want to pay 20000000 squid for a CC pro lite, thats what its worth, to me.

If i want to sell a TRM and i put a reserve of six billion squid, thats what its worth, to me.

sam hudson

« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2005, 12:14 AM »
I'm with you. :LolLolLolLol:

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2005, 07:40 AM »
last point i am going to make and that is as this scene gets bigger and prices go up also the fun disappear`s as when thinks starting going for stupid money and more new collectors come in thats when problems will happen it allready happened as i don`t find the stuff like i used to as so many other people looking as well. i will say there more mates out there into bmx that i know than 4 years ago but there is a price for that
i myself don`t have the income for bmx as i did say two years ago and never will and like a lot of people never will but love old bmx`s . but as you say rich if stuff does go up and up people like myself will either disappear or just look at old bmx`s and go i wish i could afford that and the collectors who know nothing about bmx will have the bikes as there investment.
sad but true as it happen`s with most things 
no1stuntmaster on instagram

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2005, 08:48 AM »
Paul you are right mate , i dont agree with it either , however you have a nice collection already based on your love for the bikes and what they mean to you, thats more that alot of the newer members have got or will ever have the chance of owning.

Yep Sam it aint fair, and yes i have kinda assumed that the parts make the bike well worth a grand , I have veered off the point a bit with blotter art , but just point out that 30 somethings are prepared to pay big money for stuff , jeez 900 quid for a sheet of paper, with penguins on it lol

Si , blotter art can reach huge sums for the right piece , copies are availiable on the web , and they look fantastic , but the real ones can fetch huge money, plus they are dry IE no LSD on them at all weird

http://www.blotterart.com/

I will shut up now as i feel like a bit of a geek

Rich

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2005, 09:37 AM »
heh heh red dragons. forgot about them. never seen most of the others tho. no ohms , strawberrys, microdots, winow panes, pink floyds.

i knew some one who tried selling the clipped bits of clipper cards in the ritz in manchester. said they were called "numbers".

some of the guys who bought them and werent pleased collered him the next week and said hey they were great those, come outside and sort us out with a few more.....
I want to touch ORB

Frosty

« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2005, 09:57 AM »
It is cyclical, at the begining of the year NOS black elina lightening bolt seats, were like gold dust and the prices acheived on ebay had been as high as $200, now they seem to be 2 a penny and I have just seen one with a BIN of $60.

The value of the whole versus buying and building yourself seems to be at the heart of it. The people on this site and also those on the classic car forums etc are of the same ilk, they would much rather do the sourcing of parts and complete the build themselves (although from his post last night) Darren might get someone to help build it up!! ;)

Afterall, it is only those in the know that can appreciate that a 20 plus year old bike built up as the ta has been would be worth more broken down, because I for and am sure I'm not alone here would like some of the parts for my own builds.

Lets see what it goes for.

Regards

Paul

Frosty

« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2005, 09:58 AM »
oops didn't sell!

sam hudson

« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2005, 10:40 AM »
 :-[
How do you think i feel....i started this. :-[

We'll all be restoring Crud Munchers soon.(Mud Crunchers that is...not some bizarre dogging type activity).

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2005, 11:05 AM »
debate is healthy

sam you started a topic that got some interest , well done i say

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  £1k Ta .ooh that rhymes

gfxgfx
gfx gfx