gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975608 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 15, 2024, 11:39 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Pepi Winder (RIP) and Terry Jenkins UKBFA Pro Vert Derby 1987
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Pepi Winder (RIP) and Terry Jenkins UKBFA Pro Vert Derby 1987  (Read 1077 times)

bmxer4ever

Found these in the back of an album tonight - thought I'd share 'em with you lot.

Pepi.....

Terry....

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
Re: Pepi Winder (RIP) and Terry Jenkins UKBFA Pro Vert Derby 1987
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007, 08:54 PM »
This does my head in........awesome pics but can I fook remember Pepi on Skyway. I don't know why but I just can't, when ever I think of Pepi I always think Vincent.

Bizarre!

Daz.  ::)
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2007, 10:11 PM »
That is amazing considering the width of those ramps  :shocked:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

bmxer4ever

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2007, 01:40 AM »
Sorry the pics are so ropey, but then - they are twenty years old! It is amazing to think how high people got on those skinny ramps, but then, that's all that we had, so you just did it.
I know what you mean about Pepi being on Skyway - MOST folk don't remember him that way.
I hate it when we lose a legend.
I just wish he had some family left so they could see how much he was appreciated.
Damn, i wish HE realised how much he was appreciated.
RIP my friend.

Trev

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2007, 01:58 AM »
I just wish he had some family left so they could see how much he was appreciated.
RIP my friend.

His girlfriend and his cousin were at the funeral. They were overwhelmed by the amount of people that turned up for him.

bmxer4ever

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2007, 02:42 AM »
RIP my friend.

His girlfriend and his cousin were at the funeral. They were overwhelmed by the amount of people that turned up for him.

Thanks Trev, if only I had known about it at the time. In one way, it's always sad when there is someone left to grieve, but it would be a damn sight worse if there was NO-ONE left for us.
I'm just grateful that there are so FEW of us that have passed on. Considering the danger and addictive/adrenaline seeking  nature of the sport, it's a wonder that more of us havn't had a terrible accident by now or lost our lives in another way.
When you have been so high, it's tough to get up from the lows......

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Pepi Winder (RIP) and Terry Jenkins UKBFA Pro Vert Derby 1987

gfxgfx
gfx gfx