gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975551 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 10, 2024, 11:08 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Lacing rims - what spokes?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Lacing rims - what spokes?  (Read 422 times)

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
Lacing rims - what spokes?
« on: December 22, 2007, 09:52 PM »
Got my ultra burner rims and they have some old spokes on them but they won't clean up no matter what i've done so I'm thinking of replacing them. I have never laced before but I was thinking of doing a spoke at a time to prevent any fook ups. What spokes should I get and where can I get them from? Has anyone got some to do the front/back wheels? I quite fancy black spokes but I may keep it original and have chrome/stainless ones... any help and advice would be appreciated.

Ta,

Matt  :daumenhoch:

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: Lacing rims - what spokes?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2007, 11:42 PM »
Matt

I have laced loads of wheels now and I always buy my spokes from cyclesport as they are one of the cheapest.  Take one spoke out of your current rims and measure it and then buy that length. 

If you fancy black spokes then buy them, it is your bike do it your way.

Look at this link and then scroll to the bottom and buy the Prolite spokes £10 for 100 spokes and nipples in all sizes and black or stainless. 

http://www.cyclesportuk.co.uk/index.php?cPath=55&osCsid=d238f3220d9205a2a05b03b56376ae0a

Also take a look at my 'How To' on lacing wheels, it is pretty easy to follow and if you take your time you can do it with no problems.

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=1344.0

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
Re: Lacing rims - what spokes?
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2007, 09:53 AM »
Sean thanks for this info mate, really is appreciated, have a top Xmas!  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Lacing rims - what spokes?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx