gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975602 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 10, 2024, 05:26 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  TUF NECK RESTO
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: TUF NECK RESTO  (Read 995 times)

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
TUF NECK RESTO
« on: January 07, 2008, 01:57 PM »
Hello lads, picked this up for £20 at the weekend and it doesn't look too bad. But, its missing that fooking big bolt to the back of the stem. I want the overall look of this to be polished so can I do this polishing myself? Stripping it is no probs but what can I used to polish it? That missing bolt thingy is worrying, so can anyone help with that also? I heard you can get some tuf neck rebuild kits or something... Will hope to eventually go on a show bike, my new GT f/f which is also posted in this tech resto section. Any help will be greatly appreciated  ;) :daumenhoch:

Offline thebigdog

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: TUF NECK RESTO
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 02:20 PM »
should buff up nice  8).... electro808 is the one to speak to ,he does loads.....i've done one ,a bit of elbow :D involved,(rubbing down).....then i got a polishing kit from machine mart that sticks on the end of a drill,worked a treat  8) ................that bigger bolt might be harder to get  though:-\...
from this

to this

p.s should get those bars of this weekend you ready for em then?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 02:25 PM by thebigdog »

djgivvinup

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 02:25 PM »
The big bolts turn up on ebay usa fairly frequently...the tuf neck stems do polish up a treat  :daumenhoch:

You ready to sell me those renthals yet bigdog?  ::)    (apologies for the hijack swivel)

Offline thebigdog

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 02:28 PM »
The big bolts turn up on ebay usa fairly frequently...the tuf neck stems do polish up a treat  :daumenhoch:

You ready to sell me those renthals yet bigdog?  ::)    (apologies for the hijack swivel)

my loft is a bit of a mess dude....havent found my other set yet :-[. and i  have been looking for em for ages, i think i 'might' of sold em years ago :-[.......has'nt Jt just put some up for sale?
I will keep looking though

:daumenhoch:

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 02:52 PM »
No probs on hijacking  :daumenhoch: Yeah looks cool, deffo ready for those bars. You see my GT, come out nice ain't it mate  ;)

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:

djgivvinup

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2008, 03:01 PM »
No thats not it mate, you need the big chunky threaded bolt...i'll get a pic up for ya later if you havn't seen one before then  :daumenhoch:

Offline thebigdog

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2008, 03:04 PM »
No thats not it mate, you need the big chunky threaded bolt...i'll get a pic up for ya later if you havn't seen one before then  :daumenhoch:

you can see the big bolt in my pic :)

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2008, 03:05 PM »

Also make sure the chunky bolt is a Tuf Neck one with coarse threads , the Pro Neck are fine threads  ;) ( I think that's round the right way ! ) .  

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2008, 03:18 PM »
Ok cheers for that, will have to keep hunting. Got a polishing kit already, so will get this puppy stripped once my Gen 1 has had a good going over with the foil/coke trick  :)

Offline thebigdog

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2008, 03:20 PM »

Also make sure the chunky bolt is a Tuf Neck one with coarse threads , the Pro Neck are fine threads  ;) ( I think that's round the right way ! ) .  

yep my tuf-neck one above was coarse  :daumenhoch:

Offline kuwahero

• Look Back
    • Western Titans
  • Rated:
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 03:30 PM by kuwahero »

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2008, 03:36 PM »
That's the puppy, thanks Marc you're a star  :daumenhoch:

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2008, 06:39 PM »
I can get the big bolt in chrome or black  if you need one, got a nice one on my blue Tuf Neck, also polished or black bolts too  :daumenhoch:.  LMK and I can get you a price.  I've also been toying with getting a few wedges made up in alloy if anyone is interested  :).

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2008, 08:32 PM »
Marty, deffo interested in the chrome bolt, let me know as soon as so I can sort out this auction! Thanks Matt  :daumenhoch:

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2008, 09:02 PM »
Marty, deffo interested in the chrome bolt, let me know as soon as so I can sort out this auction! Thanks Matt  :daumenhoch:

Matt

Will give my mate a call in the morning and will let you know tomorrow night  :daumenhoch:.

regards

Marty

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2008, 11:21 AM »
Mart,

Thanks mate, keep me posted!

ta,

Matt  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  TUF NECK RESTO

gfxgfx
gfx gfx