gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975571 Posts in 138924 Topics by 6347 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 21, 2024, 08:56 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  UKBFA
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: UKBFA  (Read 3405 times)

Offline tricknuts

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Re: UKBFA
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2008, 05:57 PM »
or why not have an old school freestyle comp done with the help of the original people..... those of you with old school bikes and uniforms can ride......... :idiot2: :uglystupid2: ??? ::) ;D

get practicing your compulsories

i say lets have another BMX Beat "REVISITED"  Get all the original riders back, see who wins now!. :LolLolLolLol:

"I've never stopped riding badly....and I never will"

Trev

« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2008, 06:14 PM »
or why not have an old school freestyle comp done with the help of the original people..... those of you with old school bikes and uniforms can ride......... :idiot2: :uglystupid2: ??? ::) ;D

i say lets have another BMX Beat "REVISITED"  Get all the original riders back, see who wins now!. :LolLolLolLol:

:LolLolLolLol:  Great Idea Ross.

I reckon Carlo would win it.  After that maybe Andy S, Dave Y, Stupps, Macky, Jeff Spicoli....

rosscoe

« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2008, 09:41 PM »

cant argue that Carlo would probably beat me........again.......remember the little bugger trying to psyche me out waiting to ride on BMX beat, felt like clipping his ear and telling him it wasnt really necessary........... ::)         

:LolLolLolLol:  Great Idea Ross.

I reckon Carlo would win it.  After that maybe Andy S, Dave Y, Stupps, Macky, Jeff Spicoli....

Trev

« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2008, 09:46 PM »
that's right. i remember you were on just before him....

bmxer4ever

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2008, 04:36 PM »

Hahaha! I'm up for it! But if you enforce the cigarettes and alcohol ban I'm screwed! I actually remember sittin in the stands at a comp with a can of Bud and a smoke BEFORE my run, and nobody said anything! (Apart from Crazy Eric who was laughing about it!) Don't know HOW I got away with that....heehee! And as for getting back into a uniform....NOT A CHANCE!! I've actually got my first pair of Haro pants sittin' in a cupboard not 30 feet away from me.....no way i'm gonna fit !
And my old school bikes disappeared or got nicked....bummer.

Trev

« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2008, 04:40 PM »
haha. i've still got my Haro Mode 3's.  No way I'm ever gonna fit in them again. But then again, I was never on BMX Beat.

I saw Jazzchimp wearing his old Haro De Luxe racepants at MK.  Can't believe he could still fit into them.  >:(

bmxer4ever

« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2008, 06:11 PM »
Had to go and look for those Haro pants......and I found them! No digi camera, so a bit of scanner work and hey presto....

Pics are a bit big though....!

To my great surprise, I found these in the same bag.....

Can you guess what this is...?

Hope I'm not hi-jacking your thread!

Trev

« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2008, 06:30 PM »
can't see photobucket pics on my pc anymore, so tried to view it on my phone. is it a bell moto 4?

rosscoe

« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2008, 07:25 PM »
can't see photobucket pics on my pc anymore, so tried to view it on my phone. is it a bell moto 4?

me thinks so, and should we mention that it was worn for flatland routines?????

maybe not..... :coolsmiley:

bmxer4ever

« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2008, 07:31 PM »
Hehe.....Moto 4 it is, still my helmet of choice!! Yes, it was worn for flat routines because the UKBFA rules stipulated you had to wear one and I could only afford to bring one lid to every comp. Would love to have got a Mag 4 as well, but i just didn't have a spare £100 odd quid. They were cool lids though. Moto 4 still fits like a glove, so a least my head hasn't got any bigger........ (!)

Trev

« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2008, 07:49 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol:  i remember using a Moto 4 for flatland. Hahahaha. I too couldn't afford two lids.

I have no idea why you needed to wear a lid for flatland though. They never made you wear one when you were warming up / practising before the comp.

I have no idea where mine is. I've not sold it or anything, so it's got to be around here somewhere.

macky

« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2008, 12:12 PM »

UKBFA was formed in late 1985.  I believe Holeshot 85 was their first offical competition.

Does anyone know when it folded?  I kinda stopped riding around the 91/92 mark and I'm sure it was still going then.

Does anyone know what the last official UKBFA contest was?

It was 1992 i think.. the Rider cup at Spittlefields old market, london.  they may have held some regional comps after that like??
Some one should start the ukbfa back up!!!

bmxer4ever

« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2008, 02:03 AM »
I've been meaning to go up to my folks house and look out ALL my old stuff - magazines, parts, photos etc.
Got a call Saturday night from my mum that my old man had decided on an impulse to chuck EVERYTHING out and burn it!!! AAAAgggghhhhhh! And it was gonna happen today!!!
Needless to say I went absolutely mental and got up there today and rescued everything (I think). I found some mad stuff - lots of UKBFA stuff - letters, minutes from AGMs - all sorts! I'm goin' back up on Tuesday to sort the junk from the usable, so I'll see what's worth posting up for you.
I even found my '88 UKBFA Licence in mint condition - wait 'til you see the photo! Haha!!

bmxer4ever

« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2008, 08:34 PM »
As promised, licence with bad '80's photo....haha!

teamsano

« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2008, 08:55 PM »
Got a call Saturday night from my mum that my old man had decided on an impulse to chuck EVERYTHING out and burn it!!! AAAAgggghhhhhh! And it was gonna happen today!!!

perfect threat for a loft clearance!!

nothing gets a kid moving quicker than a threat to bin his childhood!!

:LolLolLolLol:

Trev

« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2008, 09:00 PM »
I did find my old UKBFA licence a few months ago I think. As tatty as fook though and the pic is well dodgy.

I remember one year, I sent my photo in and I was wearing a cap and shades and they still issued it.

bmxer4ever

« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2008, 09:55 PM »

perfect threat for a loft clearance!!

nothing gets a kid moving quicker than a threat to bin his childhood!!

:LolLolLolLol:

Tell me about it! They're gettin' new central heating put in and I've been saying for months ' Give me a shout when you want me to come up and clear out that room...'.
As usual with my old man, he does what suits him and f@ck everyone else. Everything rescued though!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  UKBFA

gfxgfx
gfx gfx