gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975550 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 09, 2024, 06:02 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  40 + CRUISER HERE I COME.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 40 + CRUISER HERE I COME.  (Read 5127 times)

Caddy555

Re: 40 + CRUISER HERE I COME.
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2008, 08:31 PM »
Well said Mike but it won't happen as I reckon there would be only 5/6 'older' ambassadors for the 50+ class and Roger has already been on BMXTalk and said more riders are required before they would consider running any class higher than 40+.

So I will do the regionals and have a good laugh, the Inter Regionals because the atmosphere is great and no pressure is on anyone, well not much anyway??????

But 40+ new boys and the fast ones you must not forget the one person that could upset your party and your premonitions of who is going to win the Class at Nationals??

Not guessed yet, what about Billy 'Bradford Bulldog' Fieldhouse, if the rumours are true regarding training, then this 50+awesome rider may cause a few surprises.

So I will come and watch a few and await the fireworks even if Billy is not there.

It may prove more entertaining than the Elite?

Cheers,

Paul.

dialledbikes

« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2008, 08:41 PM »
Hang in there Paul, they will have to increase the upper end age groups eventually.  Maybe not for a couple of years, but sooner or later it has to happen.

Loads of us have come back to BMX racing in our late 30s and I think we'll stick with it now to our mid/late 40s.  We're the ones with the higher disposable incomes and who will bring our kids.  BC will realise (if they don't already) that they need to listen to us oldies.

Caddy555

« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2008, 08:50 PM »
Mike I am not going anywhere I am a sad old git who loves this sport and I have just built my cruiser and a 20 inch to play on.

This sport still has a lot to offer but it needs nuturing in the right direction especially when it comes to obtaining sponsorship?

I have been where you guys are now as my son Simon started when he was 4 and he's 20 in April and he still rides dirt, street and park.

I am trying to coax him back but it is difficult cars, beer and extremely attractive woman being the alternative!

Paul.   

Twatty

« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2008, 09:09 PM »
I ride an oldish GT I bought off E-Bay for £142, but I have fitted NS Redline Flights to it now, and am consirering some lighter wheels prior to the start of the season proper, (run Sun BFR at the moment). Have raced again since End Oct 07, and loving it. Cant wait for the start of the season.

Further to Kev's comment, we had 11 40+ riders at Deganham the other week, (the racing was great), and if you start to think of who was not there, we could be packing 3 moto's of riders which would be great...... Since I stated 2 of my mates have also joined in.

Roll on Spring/Summer.....

Matt.

Rooonga

« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2008, 10:16 PM »

Matt.

Yeh bring it on this season.

In my best shape for the last 15 years I recon. Lost 2 1/2 stone so far, and it's falling off me.

All I need to do is get some laps in practice, and start riding on the road to get fitter.

I recon if I can do OK at the weight I was at, then by the time the summer season starts I'll be probably 4 stone lighter, and miles fitter (And hopefully much faster too.)

Another thing, hopefully with the weight off I'll have that bit more control I need not to come off so much ;) (And if I do, it wont hurt so much!)

Planning to ride BMX South, and East Anglia regionals throughout the summer on my 24" in the 40+. And also get some old school fun in too.

It's gonna be a great summer!

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2008, 10:27 PM »

Matt.

In my best shape for the last 15 years I recon. Lost 2 1/2 stone so far, and it's falling off me.

All I need to do is get some laps in practice, and start riding on the road to get fitter.

I recon if I can do OK at the weight I was at, then by the time the summer season starts I'll be probably 4 stone lighter, and miles fitter (And hopefully much faster too.)

Another thing, hopefully with the weight off I'll have that bit more control I need not to come off so much ;) (And if I do, it wont hurt so much!)

Planning to ride BMX South, and East Anglia regionals throughout the summer on my 24" in the 40+. And also get some old school fun in too.

Christ I hope I don`t get a gate next to you Paul  :LolLolLolLol:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Sanmarcopizza

« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2008, 08:25 AM »

Matt.

Good going Roonga, I am hot on your tail. I am coming up to 1 1/2 stone lost in 5 weeks. Just need to get over a few ailments I have before I get riding....and hope that my elbows don't come back with a vegeance.

dialledbikes

« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2008, 08:54 AM »

Hey Paul, I wouldn't worry too much about the road rides.  Just do lots of laps at Daggers.

In fact, you don't really need to do the whole track.  As me and Bill Stupp found out last week at CK's training session, racing from the end of the first straight to the last berm is bloody knackering.  And if you just keep riding that section with a 5 minute break between each one, it's a good work out, and will eventually put the stamina in your legs.

THIRSTYKIRSTY

« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2008, 02:49 PM »
well goive me new bike her maiden voyage at weekend at daggers

not raced though just a steady ride and a couple o gates

oh shes fast

russ

dialledbikes

« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2008, 02:34 PM »

Further to Kev's comment, we had 11 40+ riders at Deganham the other week, (the racing was great), and if you start to think of who was not there, we could be packing 3 moto's of riders which would be great...... Since I stated 2 of my mates have also joined in.

40+ Semis at regionals is a strong possibility if everyone shows up and stays injury free.  Riders I can think of are:

Me
Tony Slater
Kev Ranscombe
Phil Beer
Jon Moore
Chris Davey
Matt French
Matt's mate on the MCS (sorry, forgotten his mate)
Matt's other mate
Floval Flyer Lee
Gary Gray
Billy Stupple
Lee Allen
Darren Vickers
Ratty
Mark Harrop
Julian Ryan
Adrian Young
Pro Tec
Roonga

and probably a couple more I've forgotten.  Should be great after 30-39 last year only attracted about 8 regulars and 40+ probably had 5 or 6 regulars.

wolfybmx

« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2008, 04:01 PM »
i think you'll find julian ryan has hung up his helmet. the preasure and nervse of 40+ have got to him ;D

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2008, 04:18 PM »
That looks like it's going to be a very competitive class this year. I'm going to look forward to watching them.

dialledbikes

« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2008, 08:10 PM »
Before I sat down to think about that list, I had it in my mind that I'd like to try and finish top 5 in the regional series.  Now I think I'll be lucky to finish top 10.

I'll give it my best shot though  :2gunsfiring_v1:

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2008, 08:30 PM »
Your never too old to start racing. Humps is well over 50, infact he may be nearer 60 now.  :LolLolLolLol:

But if you ever see a picture of him racing you'll be blinded by his great big grin. ;D
Yeh, I have to say I'm still getting a great kick out of just riding my cruiser and I know my place, but that won't stop me having a go.  I'm hitting the Heinz Varities milestone next month, have targetted myself to lose two stone by then (almost a stone and a half lost already) and getting plenty of riding at Herne Bay and even a few runs at the jumps @ Dartford Heath already this year.  Caddy you're just a youngster!!

Would I be up for a 45/50+ class??  Not sure I would, because last place is last place.  There's something quite exciting about lining up with some of the cream of 40+ and chasing them and aiming to be on the same straight as they finish (in my dreams).  Humps

spillers#1

« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2008, 09:05 PM »
Don't forget mike jason harveys getting a cruiser as well to do 40+  :daumenhoch: thats why he tried every make of cruiser at daggers last sunday  ;D he was hopng to have something sorted for this weekends hayes meeting.

dialledbikes

« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2008, 09:07 PM »
Yep, I forgot that Jay was getting a cruiser as well.

Another fast one (ex-Supeclass?) for 40+

Caddy555

« Reply #66 on: February 13, 2008, 09:18 PM »
i Humps and 40+ cruiser nutters 2nd youngest rider here in what is starting to look the best age group to be racing in at either regionals or Nationals.

At this age and time of life its the taking part and going out of that gate and at least staying reasonably level with you fit nutters/athletes to that first corner, thats my buzz and the London to Brighton training is working so might make it to the 2nd corner???

See you on the gate at an East Anglia regional or South versus East Anglia meeting somewhere, look for the very nice green DK MP3 cruiser (Sorry its not a Dialed frame Mike).

Cheers,

Caddy.   

oldmankev

« Reply #67 on: February 14, 2008, 09:34 AM »
Buckmore batt ie Darren Boughton hinted he is back on 24" this
year as well.

thecrooch

« Reply #68 on: February 14, 2008, 10:34 AM »
Yep, I forgot that Jay was getting a cruiser as well.

Another fast one (ex-Supeclass?) for 40+

Mike that frame is amazing - you've done yourself proud yet again - are you selling those at all? Not that they would be cheap.

Oh BTW i was in Whistler in September on the Singletrack Mag Readers Holiday and i've swear there was a Prince Albert convention going on! (i've just read that bit back and it doesnt sound good at all, but at least we know what we are talking about... ahem..)  There is a brilliant picture that Dan Barham took that is blurred of a Prince A through the singletrack, just mentioning as you wouldnt be able to tell otherwise.

Cheers
Crooch

dialledbikes

« Reply #69 on: February 14, 2008, 11:26 AM »
Thanks Crooch.  I'd like to sell them eventually, but I've been burned in the past getting Ti frames made (at great expense) and then taking ages to shift them.  Not good for cash flow.

But there should be a Reynolds 853 version of the cruiser coming out this summer.  Same size and angles, but 853 steel instead of Ti.  About a pound heavier though (the Ti frame weighs about 4lbs, I estimate the steel one will weigh just under 5lbs as the Pro size prototype weighed 4lbs 7oz).

PA's are my most popular frame.  Sold around 400 of them now.  I think one of the guides in Whistler was using one this year.  And some of the guides in the Alps were using my new Alpine frame in 07.  I'm expecting the first production batch of Alpines within the next week. Hopefully that will become as popular as the PA.

Twatty

« Reply #70 on: February 14, 2008, 10:43 PM »
Mike. Floval Flyer Lee is my other mate, and the MCS rider is Nik Pullen. Think we may get a preview of a big Cruiser class on Sunday. Weather looking good, if not as warm as last week-end...

oldmankev

« Reply #71 on: February 15, 2008, 10:26 AM »
Think i might do masters it will be easier :daumenhoch:

xtremepervert

« Reply #72 on: February 15, 2008, 02:53 PM »

40+ Semis at regionals is a strong possibility if everyone shows up and stays injury free.  Riders I can think of are:

Me
Tony Slater
Kev Ranscombe
Phil Beer
Jon Moore
Chris Davey
Matt French
Matt's mate on the MCS (sorry, forgotten his mate)
Matt's other mate
Floval Flyer Lee
Gary Gray
Billy Stupple
Lee Allen
Darren Vickers
Ratty
Mark Harrop
Julian Ryan
Adrian Young
Pro Tec
Roonga

and probably a couple more I've forgotten.  Should be great after 30-39 last year only attracted about 8 regulars and 40+ probably had 5 or 6 regulars.

Add myself & Darren Boughton to the list Mike. Picked up my new 08 Haro in the week! :smitten:

THIRSTYKIRSTY

« Reply #73 on: February 15, 2008, 02:54 PM »
IS THIS LIST JUST 40 +RIDERS OR JUST ALL AGE CRUISERS

RUSS :crazy2:

xtremepervert

« Reply #74 on: February 15, 2008, 02:58 PM »
Yep,just 40+ scary or what? ;D

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  40 + CRUISER HERE I COME.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx