gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975562 Posts in 138924 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 14, 2024, 02:15 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  OSS BMX Racing Website. Results Tables & Rankings For All OS Regions
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: OSS BMX Racing Website. Results Tables & Rankings For All OS Regions  (Read 13514 times)

moley

Old School Series BMX Racing Website.

The latest results, news and info can be found here.

http://www.ossbmxracing.co.uk

Latest Updates

29/02/08 OSWS07 Scottish Region Final Results Table
29/02/08 OSWS07 South Region Final Results Table

Work In Progress

***  This page will be amended and this section will be removed once the website is working fully.

If the organisers of the Old Schools series want up-to-date results then they can PM or email the results to me after each race.   I will try to get the results up as quickly as possible.  Please check the results once I have posted them.  If there are any errors, it's best to sort them out sooner rather than later.

Once http://bmx-recollection.com is fully working, I will add new features to the OSS BMX Racing site. 

Possible Features :-
News
Riders Profiles Mugshots, Bikes etc, etc
Track Information
Race Videos
Race Pictures

Stuff like that.   If anyone has any ideas then LMK. 

If anyone has Videos and Pictures of the races. Then please contact me and LMK how to download your videos and pics so that I can upload it to this website.

Thanks

« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 07:36 PM by RATTY »

moley

Re: OSS BMX Racing Website
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 07:01 PM »
I will answer that post which has been removed.

I cant remember all of his points but...I'll try my best.

I didn't not know there was an OSS website up already.  I found out when I checked ratty's profile after I started this Topic.

I checked this website and it looked like no-one had posted since August.

If I had known about this other website I would still have started this one.   

Forums are databases, Pure and Simple.   The trouble with Forums is things get lost,  people have to bump pages to get them seen again.

Of course, there are ways around this.  You could stick Topics and you can try and do a search.

But also people reply to topics which clutter them up.  There are ways around this also!!

The domain name ossbmxracing cost me £6.09 for 2 years.  The health benefits alone of 2 pints less over a year's worth of boozing might just be the edge that gets me in front of dibly at that finishing line and the £6.09 it cost is hardly going to leave me penniless.

Now I might be talking out of my ass.  I know very little about Website etc, etc.   I may use them but thats it.

I think a website would get picked up by search engine a lot easier than a forum,

With the Olympics coming up and a renewed interest in the sport, I thought that another website dedicated to BMX wouldn't harm and might even promote this sport,
unless you want this OSS racing all to yourself and you don't wish to promote it and generate new (but older) riders.

My intentions for this website are not grand by any means.   There will be no forum, although it will link to this one.   

I would like over time, for this site to have the results for all OS Races.  I am willing to update the site after every race if people are willing to email the results to me.

I would like Rider info with maybe a picture and a picture of a bike and maybe comment or two.   This will only ever be changed if that person sends me the information to change.

All pictures and videos for races can be stored on this site.   A central location for anyone who might seek this content or has lost it.

Track information would just be links to other tracks websites.

Once this information is up then there is not much to do with the site.   Updating results is a piece of cake.    Rider Bio's will hardly ever change.  And if they want them changed then they'd have to send me thier new info.   

The news section is probably the most time consuming.  But mostly this will be a list of race dates and maybe a few "Cancellations" or whatever.

None of this is particularly hard or time consuming.

This website will not compete with this forum.  I don't want it to.

There will be no user input.  Its basically a photo album.  An information store. 

There will be no user interaction.   I wasn't even going to put an email address on it.

I want it to be central store of information about OSS racing. 

Without this website.   All this information is going to be spread all over the place and it will be difficult to find.

Trawling through replies to find that bit of info your looking is the reason for this website.

No comments, no replies.   Just info.   

A list of race results for each region
A list of pictures for each region by date
A list of videos for each region by date

Simple as that.

So if the person who wrote that comment thinks it will die on its arse.   Then thats okay! 

If only two people visit this site a month and they find what they are looking, then its worth it.

If your telling me that if you wanted to find all the videos and pics for race 4 in the North region winter series is easy to find, then I disagree.  If you know this forum then you could find it quite quickly, but then you'd have links to Photobucket and links to youtube etc, etc.  Some of which might not work in the future.

Photos for the race could be by 3 different people.  There might be 2 camcorders.

If you had all this content in one area then where is the downside, its all good.

It's not mean't to replace this forum, it's mean't to aid this forum in allowing OS Riders and anyone else interested in this sport to see what is going on without having to find it.

In 3 years time you'll be able to look back and see what happened 3 years ago and see how far the OSS has grown and progressed in that time.

I am out £6.09.  Whether I continue with this website or not, I am still out £6.09.   

So I am going to continue.     

If people don't send me the results then the results don't get updated.  Its as simple as that. I'm not going to trawl around this Forum looking for them.

Although I will keep the North Region OSS Results up to date because I am going to race in the summer series.

I hope this has answered some of his concerns.

Sorry about this size of this sprawling message.   I might have repeated myself a few times as well.

Hopefully you get the point.   If you don't I'll have to write another one!!!   ;D

Thank you

P.S.   As this is a forum.  This topic is open to debate.  Whether it is pro or con.   Please dont feel the need to delete your replies.  I am not soft skinned and I am fully aware that I could p'ss people off.   If your arguement is valid then make your point and stand by it. 

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 09:05 PM »
Moley, its a great idea, yes Bruce "Haro OS Boy"started an OSS website for us all last year, he did a great job, but as he said at the time he would not be able to keep it updated due to his own workload.
There is room for more than one OSS website, personally I think we should all have a choice and I will still support both.
If you are able to put the time in Moley then the site will be a cool asset to the OSS, especially as this is the year we managed to gain recognition at regional level :daumenhoch:

I never read the deleted post on here, so perhaps someone can pm me with the details ::)

Any pictures I have personally posted I own the copyright on and I am happy for you to reuse them on your site if you wish, Im sure the other picture posters will also be cool (a pm goes a long way).

Good luck with the site, and just shout if you need any assistance :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

DR VINOAH

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 09:21 PM »
ratty
it was me again :-X

i deleted my reply
as i thought my comments were unjust/unfair

i wasnt looking for an argument or  to knock moley for trying to start the website

just stating the demise of the last attempt @ an OSS site

a central base for all things OSS is a fine idea

moley
all the best success with the OSS website :daumenhoch:

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2008, 09:30 PM »
Hi Steve, by the sounds of it your reply was a fair comment, Im sure Bruce will agree running a web site is hard work and takes a lot of time to do it justice, as I said I will support both sites, theres room enough out there, and spreading the BMX word is what its all about :daumenhoch:

Oh Steve, hope you polished your Quad ready for the first round, it wont be the same without you there :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

nishiki14

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2008, 09:32 PM »
Moley, what a cracker of an idea mate! It is very hard trying to find info all over the place. :daumenhoch:
And as for you STEVE!!!................................................ Where you been hiding mate? Are you coming out to play this summer? ???

moley

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2008, 09:37 PM »
I have to sort out the Magazine Download site first before the other one stops downloading again.

I'm concentrating on getting the content working first.   Tarting it up so it looks pretty will come last.

Once that is sorted I'll start on the OSS site.

I didn't take it as knock, V.Noah.  The other website needed interaction.  Thats why it didn't work.  All the action is in this Forum.  If you try splitting the audience then you'll lose out and the other will win.   Plus it needed to be updated constantly.   I'm not going down that route.   I want it just as a Knowledge Base with easy to update features that anyone could do.

In the meantime, I will keep any race results up-to-date on the OSS Site if people would email the results to me.

I will ask people for thier permission to use thier videos and pictures when I get around to doing OSS site.

Please make sure every race is filmed from now on.   It will be interesting to see how much people improve over the coming months/years

Hopefully it will chart the decreasing waistlines of the competitors as well ;D

You might have noticed I have www.freestylebmx.co.uk domain as well.

Thats also going to be up after I have sorted out my Magazine Download site and the OSS site.   All of the freestyle stuff from the mags and any other freestyle stuff I can lay my hands on will be put on it.

I might have taken on bit too much.  But I'm getting a handle on this HTML stuff.

Thanks for the support, I appreciate it.

moley

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2008, 11:36 PM »
Summer Results are now up on the site.

North Region Round 1

and

South Region Round 1

If someone gives me the full results of Round 2 from the South Region then I will update those too.

Check it out here at http://www.ossbmxracing.co.uk

moley

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2008, 08:25 AM »
Notice for All OSS Regions.

Scotland
North
Midlands
Nottingham
South

and any other OSS Races too including 'One Off' meets.

PM the results to me in this format as its easier to check the results and keep errors to a minimum.

Name,    RADBMX Name,  Plate No,   Position,   Points

If you omit the Points then I will work out the Points according to Position based on 50 for 1st and 47 for 2nd and 44 for 3rd etc, etc all the way down to nil points if your number of riders is large enough

If its a Double Points round then LMK that as well.

I will then be able to update the results without too much hassle.

Check out the format by viewing the North and South Region 2008 Results Tables

http://www.ossbmxracing.co.uk

If there are any errors to the tables then please LMK as soon as possible so that it can be rectified.

If you have any queries and/or suggestion to improve this system them please LMK.

Thanks

THIRSTYKIRSTY

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2008, 08:41 AM »
MOLESKY

YA HAVE A MISTAKE##

I SHOULD BE 1ST EVEN WITH NO POINTS HA HA HA HA

RUSS

moley

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2008, 08:52 AM »
Russ, I could do a separate Table just for you if you want?  ;)

thecrooch

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2008, 09:07 AM »
Moley

You've missed Ratty out for Herseden Round 2  - As much as id like to be 2nd in the table...

Cheers
Crooch

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2008, 09:11 AM »
I'm happy with my current position.  :LolLolLolLol:

thecrooch

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2008, 09:14 AM »
I'm happy with my current position.  :LolLolLolLol:

im bloody ecstatic with mine....  Shame you cant make this weekend...

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2008, 09:18 AM »
Gutted mate, really gutted.  :-\

moley

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2008, 09:39 AM »
These are the results RATTY Pm'd me.

FINALS
C FINAL
GLENDOWER 1ST
KGBMATT 2ND
LONGUN 3RD
HUMPS00 4TH
SHEREEN 5TH

B FINAL
SPILLERS 1ST
CROOCH 2ND
SONIC 3RD
DIAMOND DEAN 4TH

A FINAL
ZIPPY 1ST
MATT HUMPS 2ND
THINGY 3RD
DARRYLL 4TH

I have asked that results are sent to me in thus format in the future :-

Name,  RADBMX ID, Plate, Position

So that there are no mistakes.

I can't do anything if I'm given duff info!!!!

Check the results and Tell me what I need to change!!!  :daumenhoch:

thecrooch

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2008, 10:26 AM »
These are the results RATTY Pm'd me.

FINALS
C FINAL
GLENDOWER 1ST
KGBMATT 2ND
LONGUN 3RD
HUMPS00 4TH
SHEREEN 5TH

B FINAL
SPILLERS 1ST
CROOCH 2ND
SONIC 3RD
DIAMOND DEAN 4TH

A FINAL
ZIPPY 1ST
MATT HUMPS 2ND
THINGY 3RD
DARRYLL 4TH

I have asked that results are sent to me in thus format in the future :-

Name,  RADBMX ID, Plate, Position

So that there are no mistakes.

I can't do anything if I'm given duff info!!!!

Check the results and Tell me what I need to change!!!  :daumenhoch:

Thingy was himself then.... Ratty was third...  all others correct.....

And thanks mate - you are doing a great job!

can you put my RAD id in please as well....

Cheers
Simon

thecrooch

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2008, 10:27 AM »
Gutted mate, really gutted.  :-\

is it your back? or you got commitments?

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2008, 10:35 AM »
Backs still a pain but the main reason is I've been working 6 days a week and thn to bugger off to race on Sundays 3 weeks on the trot is a bit much for the wife. :(

moley

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2008, 11:07 AM »
Can anyone fill in the missing RADBMX ID's, Names and Plates etc, etc and I'll sort those out when I get home tonight too!!

moley

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2008, 06:12 PM »
Updated the South Region Round 2 Results and changed Thingy to RATTY.

I'm sure he does these things to test me ;)

I have added 2 new information sections which can be added to and changed if needed.

One is the OS Scoring which shows how the points system works.

The other is the OS Rules Section.

Everyone take a good look at these and ALL the results tables.

If there are any errors and/or missing names, plate #'s, RADBMX ID's etc, etc then please speak up and I will amend them.

If anyone has any information for OS Racing that should be displayed on this site.   e.g.   Rules, News etc, etc then LMK and I will add it.

All other regions will be added once they finish their First Round.    I Also hope all the other Regions are using the same Points System as the North and South Regions.

South Regions Round 3 Results will be updated on Monday/Tuesday Night.   I'm going on a bender to Benidorm and I wont be back until Monday Night at the earliest.
If I have time I will update the Results, If not I will update on Tuesday.

Please PM the results to me in this Format ONLY.

NAME,   RADBMX ID,  PLATE #,  POSITION

I dont mind updating the results but giving me a list of names which is incomplete, wrong or hard to understand is not part of my job description.  (That means you RATTY) :LolLolLolLol:

If you make my life easier then I will be only to happy to keep these results up to date.

This is going to be a good year for OS Racing!!!

So everyone make the effort and enjoy yourself.   

Good Luck!!!

THIRSTYKIRSTY

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2008, 06:21 PM »
HEY MOLESKY

CAN I JUST SAY IN ADVANCE HOW MUCH I MYSELF APPRECIATE WAT YA DOIN

THERES A BURGER FOR YA AT COPPULL

RUSS :2funny:

moley

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2008, 06:30 PM »
Throw in one of those flat square cheesy things as well will ya!!!!! :daumenhoch:

THIRSTYKIRSTY

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2008, 06:55 PM »
 >:D >:D >:D

dont push it

r

moley

« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2008, 06:57 PM »
Calm Down, Calm Down!!!!

Can I have fries with that? :LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  OSS BMX Racing Website. Results Tables & Rankings For All OS Regions

gfxgfx
gfx gfx