gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975562 Posts in 138924 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 14, 2024, 06:49 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  Can I race with Gyro and Potts mod or is it too dangerous/banned?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Can I race with Gyro and Potts mod or is it too dangerous/banned?  (Read 984 times)

moley

Hi lads,

I am thinking of using my Haro Group One RS1 as my thrashing bike as I have no love for it.   

It holds no cherished memorys for me like a T/A or a quad does.

So if I fall off and damage it doesn't bother me.  Although I might cry if I hurt myself.

I will use it to race on, but I would also like use it to re-learn my old freestyle tricks.   (The 1.1mm Bunny hop is now dialled).

Anyway, I need to sort the brakes out on it because I prefer Front & Rear brakes and I can't get used to the Rear brake running off the "Front" lever.

Is a gyro and potts mod suitable for my race bike.   

Are they banned under the GENEVA CONVENTION or whatever?

I would like to know what the score is before I spend some money on new brakes and a Gyro that I might not be able to use.

Any views, opinions, rules about gyros etc, etc, would be appreciated.

Thanks

kennyhunter6061

Re: Can I race with Gyro and Potts mod or is it too dangerous/banned?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2008, 01:15 PM »
I can't see anything in the rules banning a potts mod/gyro setup.  Main rules are 1" threaded headset & caliper brake.  You might get extra points for busting out a truckdriver or double tailwhip during your race though!  :D

moley

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2008, 03:41 PM »
Yeah, I might do a truckdriver or a double tailwhip but not on purpose.   

I was just wondering about the gyro because I'm going to use the Haro as a general mess around bike, practising a bit of freestyle and for racing.

I have a gyro pad/cover for it as well.

I don't want to use my quad apart from sunday best or when I start to get better and want to show off my skills to the local spotty yoofs.   Its a survivor and should be treated with kid gloves until my skills improve.  No use scuffing it while trying to attempt a trackstand.  Much better to wait until I can do a quadruple backflip superman turndown if I'm going to abuse it.

I'm not too bothered about the extra weight in having a front brake and gyro.   

I don't think the weight gain will determine my finishing position.  Just finishing without crashing will be a huge bonus.

I was supposed to be popping over to Hartlepool tomorrow to check out the competition and meet the lads, but I'm only 50/50 at the moment.

There a party tonight with plenty of loose women that need taking advantage off.   I'll be very lucky if I'm in a fit state to drive tomorrow.

Being single I have to make the most of any opportunities that come along.

bof

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2008, 05:05 PM »
f**ck the birds,  :LolLolLolLol:

and then get yourself over to hartlepool its going to be a cracker :daumenhoch: I also remember odyssey advertising a gyro as a race tool , meaning youcould fall off and your cables woudnt get tangled and you could jumpstraight on your bike, I am sure that was in bmx plus or action or something like that.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 05:07 PM by bof »

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

bof

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2008, 06:17 PM »
 :D
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

SaMAlex

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2008, 07:41 PM »
Does anyone remember that when detangelers were first out (ACS Rotor time) they were also trying to sell them to racers. There were adds run that said something about if you crashed on the track you could get up without worring if your bars had spun round and wrapped up the cable. A very poor selling point, but it sure suggests that it was OK to use one for racing back then

moley

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2008, 08:35 PM »
Right I'm coming.  Youv'e talked me into it.

But I wont be in a good mood by time I get there.  Not unless I get some action tonight!!!!

I will be as rough as butchers dog though!!!!

I wont be racing though.   I'm just coming up to check it all out.

Plus, I wouldn't like to win the race and affect all the current Winter Series Results.  It just wouldn't be fair.

I need to get to know a few faces.  You know, see which competitors need knobbling (not Knobbing!!!! before you respond).

What time does it kick off at?

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  Can I race with Gyro and Potts mod or is it too dangerous/banned?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx