gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975573 Posts in 138925 Topics by 6347 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 22, 2024, 11:51 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Who is this?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Who is this?  (Read 2888 times)

evamedia

Re: Who is this?
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2008, 05:06 PM »
With Lee Hook i believe it was some sort of cancer, as opposed to drugs/suicide related deaths like so many others.  :-[

Extreme (for want of a better term) sports seem to attract "extreme" characters, i think it goes hand in hand!

R.I.P Brothers, however you have fallen.

Non-hodgkins Lymphoma I think. Lee always pushed the limits of whatever he was doing, miss that bloke.

Ramp Rat

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2008, 03:15 AM »
Daz - yeah - think you're onto something there...do feel a bit nutty these days :uglystupid2:

Bowl is an amazing bowl...I still have dreams of doing air in that bowl...sometimes I pull too far from the lip in the dream and drift off to the drain at the bottom...it's a really scary dream.

Mmmmmm.....maybe some therapy might be in order Damon  ;D

Daz.

stumpy

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2008, 08:57 AM »
I think Jason Hassell used to really "bone" his airs in that performance bowl too.

Here 's the pic of Hassel Trev.

Oh an one of me..

SaMAlex

« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2008, 09:03 AM »
stumpy, that has got to be one of the best lookbacks EVER!

New School ones are a whole different style to the way they were done in the 80s, and many 80s ones didnt really get the bars right round. That one is spot bo11ok on!  :daumenhoch:

Love it!

stumpy

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2008, 09:40 AM »
Cheers Alex, means alot to me to read that, especially from a legend like yourself! 

evamedia

« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2008, 09:52 AM »
There's a few urban myths about the performance bowl, no ones getting close to boning as far as the post, it must be nearly a bike length.

SaMAlex

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2008, 10:04 AM »
There's a few urban myths about the performance bowl, no ones getting close to boning as far as the post, it must be nearly a bike length.

........ "Boning and hittin the post" ..... "getting higher than the post" ...... "Dont, dont, dont, dont, dont believe The Hype"  ;D

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2008, 02:29 PM »
My mate fondly tells the story of a very young Neil Ruffell spending most of one afternoon sat on his bike next to that lamp post just looking at the bowl. Eventually he must have got his head around what he was going to try, he got up on his pedals and from the lamp post just rode straight into the bowl.

And I do mean straight in. No carving in, no hop, nowt.  Just straight off the edge with an almighty lump of body english to make it.

My mate calls it the raddest thing he ever saw    :daumenhoch:

« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 08:10 PM by TwoBobRob »

RADHAB

« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2008, 07:24 PM »
One word here "JUICE"!!!!! someone must have pics????

ralphtribe

« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2008, 07:46 PM »
I spent half my teenage years around the performance bowl - I think Damon took these (apart from the last one - that was Tim LB) - cheers mate

ralphtribe

« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2008, 07:52 PM »
just in case Damon claims these are pics of him above they're not (like he did with that Ashtead Crew shot - ha ha) - they're not Damon, they're me - Ralph Tribe the guru of the gang - lol

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Who is this?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx