gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975600 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 09, 2024, 09:02 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Have you lost that "Loving Feeling" ???
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Have you lost that "Loving Feeling" ???  (Read 1583 times)

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • BRASS MONKEY, JUNKIE, THAT FUNKY MONKEY !
  • Rated:
Re: Have you lost that "Loving Feeling" ???
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2008, 07:34 AM »
i thought i was losing interest,...... ::)

...just bought another old school ride this week  ;)  :coolsmiley: >:D
MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

dannywhiteley

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2008, 08:23 AM »
I only got into it just before xmas with an Aero Reflex build.  That was supposed to be it, satisfy my desire for an OS bmx.  I now have a T/A, 2 Streetbeats and a Robinson Pro.  I have to stop.

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2008, 08:28 AM »
i thought i was losing interest,...... ::)

...just bought another old school ride this week  ;)  :coolsmiley: >:D

its like an addiction , think you dont want anymore , then bang , u buy another. The great radman himself told me "its better than wasting it on drugs and booze"(which i totally agree with) But, , i think there should be counselling for o/s bmx :LolLolLolLol:. Im interested to see what the olympics will do for it, i reckon it will explode , bigtime, nice if they done some history about it on the beeb :LolLolLolLol: They could hire Radman and do a tour of his loft

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2008, 08:30 AM »
I've not lost that loving feeling for bmx, but I am severly limiting the amount of time I spend dvoted to it, not to mention money.

Offline Bananaman

• BMX Nerd
  • Le Mans Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2008, 08:37 AM »
Take your time and you won't loose interest, am with Mr V on this one......it should take you a year to build a bike properly anything less and you either have too much stuff or you have compromised on a part :LolLolLolLol:

oh and you should be on your second or third colour combo so you know its right and your happy with it :4_17_5:

munners

« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2008, 08:45 AM »
Take your time and you won't loose interest, am with Mr V on this one......it should take you a year to build a bike properly anything less and you either have too much stuff or you have compromised on a part :LolLolLolLol:

oh and you should be on your second or third colour combo so you know its right and your happy with it :4_17_5:

EXACTLY!!!!!

The most enjoyable build i have had to do is my Leary as it has been such a pain to source the parts and get it totally 100% original as it was SO SO wrong!

Take your time and try a harder build. ;)

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2008, 08:57 AM »

;)

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2008, 10:05 AM »
In that case my next build will be a Holeshot RF-1.  :LolLolLolLol:

That should take a while.  :daumenhoch:

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2008, 10:41 AM »

EXACTLY!!!!!

The most enjoyable build i have had to do is my Leary as it has been such a pain to source the parts and get it totally 100% original as it was SO SO wrong!

Take your time and try a harder build. ;)

wasnt it , back in the day, do what u want with it ,thats why i cant understand bike of the year, is it meant to look as it was or look how you want it

Offline bodamus

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2008, 12:52 PM »
It is an addiction like drugs and booze.

Problem is I love drugs and booze and BMX so I'm screwed. I think I'm going to rehab AGAIN :crazy2:

bodamus.

dj_benice

« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2008, 06:05 PM »
It is an addiction like drugs and booze.

Problem is I love drugs and booze and BMX so I'm screwed. I think I'm going to rehab AGAIN :crazy2:

bodamus.

see you there probably clutching my snowboard and skateboard as well  :LolLolLolLol:

Frosty

« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2008, 07:20 PM »
I'm off work with the kids at the mo, they are taking more and more time as they get bigger. Footy, saturday morning, swimming then rugby on sunday morning, means I don't get back home till the afternoons! Once I have caught up on moto gp then no real time left for building :tickedoff:

Things are moving slowly for me at the moment, still waiting on sorting out the plumber who invoiced me a stupid amount of money back in December and still not resolved so I'm not spending too much moola, except Dan's Goose pads ;)

I have just got one of these that I am researching at present. Same era as the BMX's I have and it was THE RACER I wanted at the time.....

So some expensive campag stuff needed and also some painting for the Don too!

Offline PHIPPSIO

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2008, 07:41 PM »
I think the need is a bit more about having a practical outlet for me. I learnt a trade when i left school and then i went into sales management and i really missed being able to create something with my hands. Bmx's are about my limit though, i could never collect e type jags or anything like that but i can do a nice job on a BMX and it takes me back to some great memories. It should be recognised for its positives aswell, yes its addictive and its always bloody hard to resist what you want but i get a sense of acheivment from collecting

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • BRASS MONKEY, JUNKIE, THAT FUNKY MONKEY !
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2008, 08:41 PM »
I have one build that has taken well over a year to source the parts, and I'm still not there, I've just found a pair of Torker Pro T Bars, after nearly 2 years looking, a great price too, less than £50 shipped from the US !  8)

MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

Offline crazycraig

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2008, 09:19 PM »
I have one build that has taken well over a year to source the parts, and I'm still not there, I've just found a pair of Torker Pro T Bars, after nearly 2 years looking, a great price too, less than £50 shipped from the US !  8)

I need look no further .How much do you want for the torker bars .Not forgetting i know how much you paid for um  :LolLolLolLol:
Old School BMX only
Cash is King
Your not famous because you have a BMX so dont expect me to lick your arse for bits !!! I will leave that to the sheep
Jim'll fix it did loads for charity

PK6061

« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2008, 09:20 PM »
if your feeling a bit sick of it all get back on
   your bike' works for me.  ;)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Have you lost that "Loving Feeling" ???

gfxgfx
gfx gfx