gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975602 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 11, 2024, 11:04 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  footwear
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: footwear  (Read 3412 times)

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: footwear
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2008, 11:23 AM »
have a butchers on www.extreme-direct.co.uk

the DC SE shoes on there are well grippy!  they're black and silver and about £25 or so

thecrooch

« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2008, 04:16 PM »
have a butchers on www.extreme-direct.co.uk

the DC SE shoes on there are well grippy!  they're black and silver and about £25 or so

Nice touch on that one pickle - now you may not like the design but you cant go wrong for a tenner for Vans Old School Hi Tops!!! here: http://www.extreme-direct.co.uk/products-VANS-SK8-HI-CLASSIC-SHOES-KHAKIESPRESSO-WARCHEX_28647.htm

moley

« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2008, 04:57 PM »
Whats the deal, crooch!!

Is that pickle's shop or summat!!

thecrooch

« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2008, 05:00 PM »
Whats the deal, crooch!!

Vans Hi Tops for £10!!! whats not to love - well ok the design but i dont care im in like flynn  :4_17_5:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2008, 11:04 AM »
Whats the deal, crooch!!

I wish!!!   :LolLolLolLol:

kingkeef

« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2008, 11:29 AM »
Do Vans do Orthopaedic shoes!
to Go with my Redline Orthopaedic  Flights!

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2008, 11:31 AM »
for £10 you can't go wrong!  they're just going to get covered in dirt anyways  :daumenhoch:

moley

« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2008, 11:38 AM »
Has anyone got the DC PK Ripper shoes?

What do you think of them Grip wise?

I think they are shit!!!

Is the sole the same as other DC shoes or are they just a posing shoe and not meant for riding.

I wouldn't like to spend some money on Pickle's DC shoe and find they are just as crap as my PK Ripper shoes.

My 5 Tens shoes are amazingly grippy.   Which at times is a problem because once you plant your foot it isn't going anywhere and you have to lift your foot to replant it.  They also have a very hard sole with reinforced side and front for kicking boulders and other riders out of the way.   The only problem is the footprint is too large.

The hard sole might also be limiting feedback.

I want a tried and tested OS shoe thats as grippy as Spiderman snot with a softer sole.

It's got to be Tried and Tested by a hardcore rider who has tried different shoes in the past so at least there is a good impartial comparison between shoes and manufacturers.

Do all vans shoes have the same waffle pattern and the same grippyness?    

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2008, 11:43 AM »
Moley, you can PM lazychubs as he was wearing a pair of the DC shoes up at Corby last time......i have to say that i find them well grippy and a good feel to them too  :daumenhoch:

magna13

« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2008, 11:56 AM »
vans off the wall's slip ons on lace ups they're both grippy and i have never slip off them yet...

sonic-1

« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2008, 02:33 PM »
best ones iv got are orchid s just so comfy like slippers with very grippy sole , iv got n/s van s to wich are ok but the orchid s are much nicer  :'( just they are very worn on the sole now so very thin !!!!! must find another pair soon

thecrooch

« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2008, 02:41 PM »
Has anyone got the DC PK Ripper shoes?

What do you think of them Grip wise?

I think they are shit!!!

Is the sole the same as other DC shoes or are they just a posing shoe and not meant for riding.

I wouldn't like to spend some money on Pickle's DC shoe and find they are just as crap as my PK Ripper shoes.

My 5 Tens shoes are amazingly grippy.   Which at times is a problem because once you plant your foot it isn't going anywhere and you have to lift your foot to replant it.  They also have a very hard sole with reinforced side and front for kicking boulders and other riders out of the way.   The only problem is the footprint is too large.

The hard sole might also be limiting feedback.

I want a tried and tested OS shoe thats as grippy as Spiderman snot with a softer sole.

It's got to be Tried and Tested by a hardcore rider who has tried different shoes in the past so at least there is a good impartial comparison between shoes and manufacturers.

Do all vans shoes have the same waffle pattern and the same grippyness?    

ive got the PK Ripper DC's and i would never use them for racing - one the sole doesnt look very grippy and you've just confirmed that and two they are bloody rare and if you wrecked them you would have no chance of getting another pair... mine are for sunday best!!  :laugh:

5:10's are awesome but agree they can be too grippy - mind you TJ Baldwin was using a pair on sunday at Andover!!!! (you had to be there!!)

Stick to old school vans - always the best and the waffle sole cant be beaten! or worn out either!!!  New School Vans sometimes have a waffle sometimes dont. I have a pair of Bucky Lazeks and they are pretty good - but its Hi-Tops for me all year round....

moley

« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2008, 03:30 PM »
I bought a pair of those disgusting looking Vans Hi tops for a tenner!!!

They sure is ugly!!

For something that ugly they have to be good!!!!

But for £10 its good for test purposes.

If I like the vans and the waffle sole then I can always buy a decent pair for posing purposes.

5:10's are awesome but agree they can be too grippy - mind you TJ Baldwin was using a pair on sunday at Andover!!!! (you had to be there!!)

What does that mean Crooch?

Was is a shoe grippyness related incident?

Flying_fox

« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2008, 05:45 PM »
I've had or got more or less every make and style of 'skate shoe' going (you should see the bottom of my wardrobe, it looks like rollersnakes).

I used to use Vans, then orchids, but i've found Nike 6.0's the best for me. so I'm sticking with them for now.

With DC's I've found some are better than others.

5:10s are too grippy, if you foot lifts up a bit then comes down a little crooked you have a hell of a job getting it straight. TJ did blow his feet out of him, but he was more power than a tractor.

se bikes

« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2008, 07:45 PM »
Moley mate,

shoes is shoes, it's all personal choice, trial and error, one mans caviar is another mans slop n all that :daumenhoch:

moley

« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2008, 07:55 PM »
Yeah,  I know its all down to personal taste.

But I have never had a pair of vans so I thought some feedback was needed.

BITD I think I just used some Adidas Galaxy or whatever were doing the rounds then.

Trouble with most trainers is that you end up with pedals excavating your shins.

If I like the feel of those butt ugly hi top vans then I'll invest in another pair that aren't so sickly.

If I dont like them then its only £10.

eloopnai

« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2008, 07:58 PM »
think im gonna go for the old skool vans not the high tops though as i dont feel comfortable in those  :daumenhoch:

se bikes

« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2008, 08:31 PM »
think im gonna go for the old skool vans not the high tops though as i dont feel comfortable in those  :daumenhoch:

Thank god, a decisive man  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: worse than birds you lot are  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2008, 09:02 PM »
Good man.  You can't go wrong with a nice pair of waffle soled Vans.....

eloopnai

« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2008, 09:22 PM »
just dont know what colour to get now  :LolLolLolLol:

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2008, 04:27 PM »
 :) At your ages,I thought you lot would all be rockin`a nice pair of comfy slippers.....

...with matching colostomy bags!

thecrooch

« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2008, 09:20 PM »
:) At your ages,I thought you lot would all be rockin`a nice pair of comfy slippers.....

...with matching colostomy bags!

if i could get off this sofa id poke you in the eye with me zimmer frame!   ;)

Longun

« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2008, 05:12 PM »

What like these?

Mmmmm, my fur lined Vans for toastie warm feet. :)

eloopnai

« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2008, 05:16 PM »
:LolLolLolLol:

moley

« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2008, 10:38 AM »
I've got my hi-tops.

Not tried them on the bike yet!!!

Will give em a thorough testing over the weekend!! :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  footwear

gfxgfx