gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975593 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 03, 2024, 10:25 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Skyway TA 25th aniversary frame sets
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Skyway TA 25th aniversary frame sets  (Read 5583 times)

macky

Re: Skyway TA 25th aniversary frame sets
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2008, 01:50 AM »

I think it looks pretty decent!!!  :)

dannywhiteley

« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2008, 08:59 AM »
I think the lack of drop-out cut-out in the forks is a damn good thing.  The frames will be stamped I believe, but what was to stop these newer forks getting onto the market as originals unless there was a definite way of identifying them?

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2008, 09:34 AM »
i think this is excellent that the bike is made from an '86 production line but as i asked with Kuwahara KZ-1 Rep will it be OS Race legal? i mean it came from 1986 but was never welded up...

the repro'd burner pro's make an appearance in the oldschool races so i personally think they should be ok, but im pretty easy going, and they prob more oldschool than my race ride

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2008, 09:40 AM »
jazzchimps original TA has the solid type dropouts, so theyve been around for quite a while now.
I want to touch ORB

ozone

« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2008, 10:36 AM »
Yeah, I know the solid dropouts have been around for a while but the 25th anniversary T/A has solid fork dropouts but the rear ones have the cutout.  My point was why couldn't we have either one or the other. :-\   The extra sets of forks that are being released are also solid dropout type.  It would really bug me - having mismatched dropouts ???

I was on the list for one but when I heard the chrome ones had been knocked on the head, I started to lose interest.  Then, I emailed coloured Tuffs for a quote on UK shipping and the issue of duty, with no response, so it looks like someone else will replace me on the list.

Don't get me wrong - I still think they're cool and I wish everyone who buys one the best of luck with them :)

thecrooch

« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2008, 10:49 AM »
Ed will get back to you eventually but he'll take a while...  he needs a good PA!

MINI_BURNER

« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2008, 11:04 AM »
I've been waiting for a month or so for a reply to my emails and PM's so I wouldn't hold your breath!! ;)

magna13

« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2008, 07:28 PM »
are there any frame sets left for me to put my name down?

matt

« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2008, 03:03 PM »
got my email today and paid me deposit, mine is for a show case not to be built and abused. cant wait    :daumenhoch:

Offline jimmyp

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2008, 07:09 PM »
got my email today and paid me deposit, mine is for a show case not to be built and abused. cant wait    :daumenhoch:

Yeah same here, think these are gonna be abit special :smitten:

ColoredTuffs.com

« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2008, 06:42 AM »

Here's a pic of the first one that we made.  It's not stickered up yet... so I'm just showing off the brake bridge for right now....!

It looks like a good amount of these will be headed to the UK.  I've emailed more people that are on the list, and will continue to go down the list until all 150 sets are accounted for.

Shipping to the UK is about $60 US dollars I believe.  The postal rates JUST went up here in the USA, and the post office has just put restrictions on box sizes now too, so I need to look up the new rate info!

MINI_BURNER

« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2008, 07:40 PM »
I received the elusive email today, I will get the deposit paid tomorrow >:D

Paulo

« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2008, 08:53 AM »

Any news on the first fifty being built. The coloredtuffs site says they are being built in July. Any idea of the scheduled for the rest?

Cheers

P.

scowey

« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2008, 06:42 AM »
Waiting for my elusive email for months now

(come on ED)

Feel like one of those little green aliens in toy story......     :LolLolLolLol:

daz bmx it!

« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2008, 12:20 PM »
So how much deposit are you putting down? and how long is left to wait? and ::) are they only available in white?

Paulo

« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2008, 01:11 PM »

The process was:

1) Add name to waiting list
2) Received the elusive email
3) If you want to go ahead follow the link and pay deposit (£220 if I remember correctly)

The colored tufss site now says they're sold out. With the first 50 built in July.

That's the latest....

ColoredTuffs.com

« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2008, 03:41 AM »
We've ONLY sold the first 50 frameset.  There's still 100 more that are up for grabs very soon!
 The first 50 are just about ready, and I've begun contacting the first 50 buyers a few hours ago.
 The forks are welded.  The frames have the front triangles welded, and the rear triangles are being welded right now.  Then, it's off to the powder coaters.  Then I get to sticker them and box them up after a 11 hour round trip picking them up!
 Out of the first 50 sets, 27 are staying in North America, and the remaining 23 are going overseas with the majority of those going to the UK, then Australia.  France is getting 2, and Germany are getting 2 as well.

I'll begin emailing more people on the "waiting list" in a few weeks for sets #51 through 100.

thecrooch

« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2008, 08:53 AM »
cool - all is not lost then....

Daletsunami

« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2008, 11:39 AM »
When did people start putting there names down on the waiting list? just i've had my name down for a year now and no email but i think i did see the post on the site late

ColoredTuffs.com

« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2008, 06:58 PM »
We started the list in March 2007.  Only the first 50 buyers have been contacted so far...
 We will continue to contact people on that list once we start taking orders for framesets #51 through 100.
 Once those are made, we'll then contact more people for sets #101 through 150.

dj B silverlite

« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2008, 08:55 PM »
Im on that elusive list and paid up but havn't receieved the new email. I thought i was in the first 50? oh well we'll see  8)

Rooonga

« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2008, 09:04 PM »
Any news on the retro 24" yet?

I've ordered the profile cranks, some nice beartrap pedals, and was gonna buy some 24" graphites to go on it, but not worth getting all this stuff now if the frame aint gonna be ready for ages, I want it to be a proper retro build.

Any updates on that yet?

Cheers!

Daletsunami

« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2008, 10:53 PM »
We started the list in March 2007.  Only the first 50 buyers have been contacted so far...
 We will continue to contact people on that list once we start taking orders for framesets #51 through 100.
 Once those are made, we'll then contact more people for sets #101 through 150.

cheers mate, i shall look forward to my email

ColoredTuffs.com

« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2008, 12:47 AM »
EVERYBODY that paid a deposit already a few months ago (first 50) was sent an email a few hours ago for final payment.

If you did not get an email, and have already paid the deposit for a frameset, please email me at SkywayFrames@aol.com

Thanks!
-Ed

Offline jimmyp

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2008, 01:23 PM »
Got my email  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Skyway TA 25th aniversary frame sets

gfxgfx
gfx gfx