gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975597 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 08, 2024, 07:35 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  The South summer series.......WTF is going on
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: The South summer series.......WTF is going on  (Read 7311 times)

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: The South summer series.......WTF is going on
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2008, 05:30 PM »
Guys we went to Hersden today and only 6 riders turned out. Whats going wrong? why are we not getting the 30 plus riders we did last year?? Is it something we can sort out?
If we dont get some more riders new and old the Old school will die, I for one would hate that to happen :-[
HOW CAN RATTY GET 32 points FOR 7th  AND ONLY 6 RACED??????????
HOW DO THE RIDERS FELL ABOUT THAT?????????????????
I WOULD NOT BE HAPPY IF I WAS RACING IN THE SOUTH :rant: :rant:

So, are you racing at all? ::)
"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

hooga1975

« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2008, 06:21 PM »
Guys we went to Hersden today and only 6 riders turned out. Whats going wrong? why are we not getting the 30 plus riders we did last year?? Is it something we can sort out?
If we dont get some more riders new and old the Old school will die, I for one would hate that to happen :-[
HOW CAN RATTY GET 32 points FOR 7th  AND ONLY 6 RACED??????????
HOW DO THE RIDERS FELL ABOUT THAT?????????????????
I WOULD NOT BE HAPPY IF I WAS RACING IN THE SOUTH :rant: :rant:

I havnt got a problem with it and I race in the South Series, so why have you :idiot2:

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2008, 06:42 PM »
get a grip winkle, and stop shouting please

Dave
haro, how do you do

diamond dean

« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2008, 07:15 PM »
Well i crashed out last time in practise and got 15 points for 15 place. Just my luck that so many old schoolers turned up :2funny:
But i will go with whatever everyone thinks is fair and just. If my points have to go then so be it. This is a grey area and think its good to sort this out for all of us that race old school.

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2008, 08:16 PM »
To get back to the original thread cause. I have to agree on a certain level with Longun, Most race tracks are at least a 100 mile round trip, so cost is a factor. Racing costs £10.
On another level for me, I got back onto a BMX because of my son(s), Discovered the local track(Dagenham), got involved with the club dragged my family along for the ride(pardon the pun). We still are, my eldest raced for a approx 1 season before deciding he didn't want to race anymore (not going to force him), but he still loves BMX and likes the Freestyle side of it, which all those decades ago was what I was doing. So I get to spend time with him doing what we both really enjoy. rOm is 15mins away so I can get up do some DIY and still go riding for 4 hours costs £12 for both of us. Both scenes are friendly and chilled. I do still enjoy racing and all the people that I have met over the last couple of years, so am not about to quit racing, plan on making it to the Brits. My youngest has now started to race at club level, so will see how that progresses, as he changes his mind every 5 mins. Plus the wife is moaning about the lack of DIY I do due to the amount of time spent at weekends riding. I think the OSS is a victim of its own sucses, like someone else said it has been a gateway for people to start riding again and they have progressed to racing Cruiser and Master's. Fook me that's the longest reply I have ever typed, my finger hurts now :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2008, 09:25 PM »
Plus the wife is moaning about the lack of DIY I do due to the amount of time spent at weekends riding.

Fook me that's the longest reply I have ever typed, my finger hurts now

You could have fixed the kitchen ceiling in the time you must have taken to post that lot up Gary!!  I think the "victim of own success" comment is very true as the OSSS has spawned an influx of old boys who have progressed into 40+ cruisers and are bolstering up that class, especially in the South Region.  Maybe there are too many races in these difficult financial times and there needs to be a bit of pruning.  Or maybe riders want more than Hersden has to offer - it's fun but its size and lack of change since built has made it a bit stale.  I know I'd have loved to have been there rather than suffer the worst weekend of my life but that's life.  I could have done with all of those lovely points up for grabs!!  Humps

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2008, 10:59 PM »
I now have ceilings throughout my house, only took 3 years for the living room  :-[

eloopnai

« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2008, 11:02 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol:

thecrooch

« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2008, 05:40 PM »
Missed my first one of the season this year (my first season) on sunday as I was MTBing in Italy.  I must admit the cost of it all has got to me like everyone - but a few emails offering lifts and thats normally sorted.  The GF loves coming along and has started getting involved with the marshalling etc but it wont be long before she is itching to have a go - so i think Hersden will have another entrant in the womens class that i believe was held at the weekend.

i'll be moving up to Cruiser next year - but love the OSS and wont be giving it up! 

So with this in mind - anyone want a lift for Hayes - can take upto 4 and bikes including me! - East London/Essex Area only.

hooga1975

« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2008, 05:44 PM »
Missed my first one of the season this year (my first season) on sunday as I was MTBing in Italy.  I must admit the cost of it all has got to me like everyone - but a few emails offering lifts and thats normally sorted.  The GF loves coming along and has started getting involved with the marshalling etc but it wont be long before she is itching to have a go - so i think Hersden will have another entrant in the womens class that i believe was held at the weekend.

i'll be moving up to Cruiser next year - but love the OSS and wont be giving it up! 

So with this in mind - anyone want a lift for Hayes - can take upto 4 and bikes including me! - East London/Essex Area only.

Yes please Simon :daumenhoch:

moley

« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2008, 05:46 PM »
She should try racing OS with the blokes.

We had Smithy's GF racing at Bradford with Handlebars so far forward that you'd be able to see down her top.

Not that we did though.   It was artic conditions and she was all buttoned/zipped up.

But she might be racing at hartlepool so I hope she's wearing something low-cut!!!!  :daumenhoch:

thecrooch

« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2008, 05:48 PM »

Yes please Simon :daumenhoch:

i was sort of taking you as a given Lee - sounds like you need a detoxing weekend of 20" madness!

2 more available....

hooga1975

« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2008, 05:52 PM »
Cheers mate.  I will have a word with Jim and see if I can lure him out of retirement

se

« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2008, 06:06 PM »
I love these debates.  ;)

Four points:
- Yes it costs and fuel has got stupid. Happy for anyone to grab a lift with me from norf London to any south races if I have room. PM me if you're stuck and want a lift/to share the £, just nor for three weeks as I'll be sat on my arse on holiday

- Points/turning up. There are rules, everyone plays by the same ones. Not that it matters, but I felt quietly satisfied when I once did one moto, puked the remains of eight Stellas, sloped off home and got a few points for my trouble. Very British

- Travel costs so racing costs. Personally I am more scared by the thought of what my fat arse might do to an expensive little child's bike coz the insurance man is just going to laugh at me

- If you want me to stop racing old school then you'll have to chop my legs off

dialledbikes

« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2008, 06:09 PM »
Hopefully more new blood will discover OS racing to bolster the numbers as the more established old schoolers take up the challenge of racing new school.

I love watching the old school races (and even taking part in them when I get chance), but for me, new school is where it's at and if people want to progress their riding, Masters and 30/39 and 40+ are the places to improve as the equipment is much better and the comp is tougher.  There must still be hundreds of OS riders out there who haven't gotten back onto the track yet.  Best thing is try to tap into that pool of riders to keep the OS alive.

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2008, 07:03 PM »
Looks like we'll be bashing bars in 30-39 next year then Simon.  :LolLolLolLol:

hooga1975

« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2008, 07:54 PM »
Looks like we'll be bashing bars in 30-39 next year then Simon.  :LolLolLolLol:

I thought you was retiring at the end of this year?

I am going to do cruisers as well next year, so there might be a few of us bashing bars in the 30-39

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2008, 08:22 PM »
You 2 had better start training then, cos it`s bloody hard enough in 40+ let alone 30-39  :shocked:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

nishiki14

« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2008, 09:07 PM »
Right then, it took me bloody ages to read that lot so here goes and at the risk of upsetting one of my very best and certainly oldest friend (nearly 30 years now), i,ll continue.

In my view (and im not alone) we have over killed OS, thats why were not getting the numbers, we should bin the winter series alltogether and cut the summer series down to 8-10 races (all races count) now I have to shoulder some of the responsibility for cocking up the OSS08 especially the fact that you could drop so many races as I thought this would give everyone the chance to miss some races with family things and not suffer in the rankings but I was wrong.
What we have done instead is put so many races on the calender that the OS is no longer special.................its just another class, the only thing that sets it aside from the other classes is that we will never get a "British Ranking" from it. :Great_Britain:

Im sorry. :10_2_12:

Now am I wrong? ???

BmxBandito

« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2008, 09:17 PM »
i would love to race but there is no where near me   :2gunsfiring_v1:  :-[

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2008, 09:27 PM »
Right then, it took me bloody ages to read that lot so here goes and at the risk of upsetting one of my very best and certainly oldest friend (nearly 30 years now), i,ll continue.

In my view (and im not alone) we have over killed OS, thats why were not getting the numbers, we should bin the winter series alltogether and cut the summer series down to 8-10 races (all races count) now I have to shoulder some of the responsibility for cock-a-doodle-doing up the OSS08 especially the fact that you could drop so many races as I thought this would give everyone the chance to miss some races with family things and not suffer in the rankings but I was wrong.
What we have done instead is put so many races on the calender that the OS is no longer special.................its just another class, the only thing that sets it aside from the other classes is that we will never get a "British Ranking" from it. :Great_Britain:

Im sorry. :10_2_12:

Now am I wrong? ???

Very well put :daumenhoch:

I would feel better if we (North) only had 5 or 6 races over a year, it's too intense and too costly at the moment...     and it's not really that special :-\

"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

dialledbikes

« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2008, 10:14 PM »
You 2 had better start training then, cos it`s bloody hard enough in 40+ let alone 30-39  :shocked:

30-39 at nationals is brutal.  They don't call it "Elite Cruiser" for nothing.  But at regional level, it's a good time to get involved as rider count is low and you guys in the 30-39 age group can put your own stamp on it like we have in 40+ this year.  Last couple of seasons there's only been about 4 or 5 40+ regulars.  This year we're officially the biggest class in the South Region.

I've seen lots of you guys race in old school and you're quick and competitive.  You'll be even faster and more competitive on new school bikes.  Look at Spillers and Roonga - they're flying now!

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2008, 10:22 PM »
Thats whats good about the OSS, we can debate it, we can change the rules, and we can fine tune it until it runs as sweet as it can.

Sam, you would never upset me. you t0sser    >:D  :2funny:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2008, 10:34 PM »
Shouldn`t you be at the hospital Tony  :knuppel2:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2008, 10:38 PM »
Shouldn`t you be at the hospital Tony  :knuppel2:
Got the boot, just curled up now waiting for Nik to call :-[
A long time ago, in a land far away!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  The South summer series.......WTF is going on

gfxgfx
gfx gfx