gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975573 Posts in 138925 Topics by 6347 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 22, 2024, 06:47 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  more ebay advice
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: more ebay advice  (Read 576 times)

rodslovechild

more ebay advice
« on: May 19, 2008, 01:37 PM »
right i won a white streetbeat frame and forks decscribed as mint with no dents or dings, was right looking forward to it, it come today and i definately not mint, the decals are creased, the paint has come off round the bottom bracket and seatpost, on the top tube and has scrapes by one of the rear dropouts

i have e-mailed the seller asking for him to offer a solution before i raise a dispute, is this the correct procedure? basically i want to know where i stand, all i want now is a refund due to the listing being an unfair description

JT71

Re: more ebay advice
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 01:47 PM »
okay.

you've done the right thing, try to sort it with the seller first.

failing that, then you can try to get you money back via paypal, there's a dispute that is "description differs significantly from item",

another bit of advice: if you want a beat get a raw one and paint it/have it painted yourself, I bet loads of users on here have raw ones stashed away, I just flogged mine for £60.

rodslovechild

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 01:54 PM »
cheers dude, hopefully they will offer a refund or summat as they will know they are blatently falsely listing item, cheers

Offline Tefore

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 07:37 PM »
i had a problemwith a item the once but because i had received the item then ebay and paypal would not do anything.wtf.

good luck matey

rodslovechild

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2008, 07:46 PM »
well he doesnt have a leg to stand on as it was falsely described and the forks are not even skyway forks ive just realised as i didnt even look before as i was so disappointed with the frame! if the product differs from the description you can claim through paypal :daumenhoch:

Offline Tefore

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2008, 11:01 PM »
hope it works out mate. try and do things before getting nasty though. and remember you can only get your money back if his account is verified.

ozone

Re: more ebay advice WARNING
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2008, 11:25 PM »
It's back up for sale - This time the seller has mentioned some of the frames defects but no mention of the fact that the forks are not Skyway and, most likely, Giant Mosh ones :uglystupid2: :uglystupid2:  :uglystupid2:

Somebody has already bid on it :2gunsfiring_v1: :2gunsfiring_v1:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OLD-SCHOOL-SKYWAY-BMX-BIKE-FRAME-FORKS_W0QQitemZ110260849845QQihZ001QQcategoryZ35960QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

rodslovechild

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2008, 04:27 AM »
giving credit where it is due, the seller did offer me a refund and paid for the courier to send it back to him and stayed in contact so i got back everything i paid

but he should still have relisted it properly the 2nd time around otherwise its just going to happen again and is hassle for someone else :(

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  more ebay advice

gfxgfx
gfx gfx