gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975557 Posts in 138923 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 12, 2024, 09:45 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Rare Race frame - reluctant sale...need wonga!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Rare Race frame - reluctant sale...need wonga!  (Read 6121 times)

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Rare Race frame - reluctant sale...need wonga!
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2008, 09:09 AM »
that bike at he bottom is wicked!

looks like it could drive through walls.

Offline holwuff

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2008, 11:14 AM »
im sorry if i have caused anyone any distress by my listing tonight. i certainly didnt intend to mislead anyone!

i had read this and it tied in with the advice of my bike shop dude! taken from http://www.fatbmx.com/modules/news/article.php'storyid=1816

”We are very excited about expanding the reach of Redline throughout Europe,” commented SBS president Chuck Hooper. “We’ve always had a presence in the BMX market in key areas, but adding larger, sister-companies Batavus, Winoura and Lapierre will ensure that Redline’s are available to areas who never before had access to the most popular brand of BMX race bike.”

now i have re read it im not sure if redline were connected to batavus in 83 but it says since redlines inception in 1974... then it goes on to mention batavus.
and "Redline Bikes will be available from are Batavus, Winora and Lapierre as early as November 2006"
ok...my bad!

im an honest geezer and was offering it up to offers becouse i have no idea of value, as i originally stated!

its a nice frame and if i had more room and less burners i would do something with it!

i  meant no harm!  :-X

holwuff ,

No worries man , it's difficult with some unknown/obsolete products now & then . I think the main concern was that there was'nt a price or price ono or offers in excess of ? . Generally no price just causes headaches or frustrates/antagonises people and in those obvious situations where you as the seller claims to not know the value then ebay is the best option with a link on here if you wish .

Good luck with you sale .

yeah i guess i should have picked a figure! the guy in my bike shop said i could get  between £70 and £100 for it, wont ask him for advice again! lol
its difficult for me to come up with a price as i have just got back into the whole bmx scene after 20 yrs out! so im not up on prices etc
i really didnt want to seem like i was robbing anyone etc, but i do feel like i have been made out to have intentionally set out to con you!

not the case at all! in fact im reluctant to list anything else for sale on here now!  :(

donkeybambam

« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2008, 05:35 PM »
mate dont be silly its not like that on here,they are all top boys on here.
And they will always help out were they can :daumenhoch:............

zed4130

« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2008, 06:58 PM »
yeah sorry mate, ididnt mean anything by it, just didnt wont you thinking it was poss worth a bomb, we know your not in it to rip anyone off, just trying to help out, sometimes the writen word just comes out wrong and i apolagise (spelling lol) for that

paul  :-\

THIRSTYKIRSTY

« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2008, 09:23 PM »
well we all know it aint that great now

but hey it is bmx history and worth something to some one

being honest looks better than a BURNER

mind you wat dont look better ha ha

good luck matey

russ

othomas2

« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2008, 10:32 PM »
Hey holwuff... I was intrigued to see what was inside this thread when I read the topic.

Earlier when I viewed this frame on the Burner site... by appearance I didn't think it looked anythin' that special... and was slightly skeptical of the redline tie... but anyways... you need to understand most of the guys on here are serious OS BMX geeks... and spot any little inaccuracies in anythin' :LolLolLolLol:

...  the offers thing has been tried and tested and hasn't been very effective on here.

Don't take it to heart... ;)

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2008, 10:40 PM »
im sorry if i have caused anyone any distress by my listing tonight. i certainly didnt intend to mislead anyone!

i had read this and it tied in with the advice of my bike shop dude! taken from http://www.fatbmx.com/modules/news/article.php'storyid=1816

”We are very excited about expanding the reach of Redline throughout Europe,” commented SBS president Chuck Hooper. “We’ve always had a presence in the BMX market in key areas, but adding larger, sister-companies Batavus, Winoura and Lapierre will ensure that Redline’s are available to areas who never before had access to the most popular brand of BMX race bike.”

now i have re read it im not sure if redline were connected to batavus in 83 but it says since redlines inception in 1974... then it goes on to mention batavus.
and "Redline Bikes will be available from are Batavus, Winora and Lapierre as early as November 2006"
ok...my bad!

im an honest geezer and was offering it up to offers becouse i have no idea of value, as i originally stated!

its a nice frame and if i had more room and less burners i would do something with it!

i  meant no harm!  :-X

Don't worry about selling stuff on here, if you list it as best as you can & put a price up you won't have any problems  :daumenhoch:

Offline holwuff

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2008, 01:03 AM »
well we all know it aint that great now

but hey it is bmx history and worth something to some one

being honest looks better than a BURNER

mind you wat dont look better ha ha

good luck matey

russ

no worries guys, i have thick skin (and head!)

i know this aint a chat thread, but seeing as MADD DOG mentoned burners, and sold these wheels to me i thought id post my current build,
be gentle on your comments :D

firebird4130

« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2008, 01:22 AM »
nice paintwork  :daumenhoch: I used to have a night burner when I was a kid

zed4130

« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2008, 07:00 AM »
 :4_17_5:  great paint job, i love burners as started on a mk1 mag burner  :daumenhoch:

theRuler

« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2008, 10:40 AM »
repost the item for sale in a new thread.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Rare Race frame - reluctant sale...need wonga!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx