gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975596 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 07, 2024, 04:06 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  Scottish OS Summer Series - Dates Finalised
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Scottish OS Summer Series - Dates Finalised  (Read 5568 times)

Offline JT Smooth

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: Scottish OS Summer Series - Dates Finalised
« Reply #75 on: July 14, 2008, 08:28 AM »
Im away until 4th then have to work solid fron 8th for 9 days, free after that  :daumenhoch:

Paulo

« Reply #76 on: July 14, 2008, 08:30 PM »
Great day yesterday guys. The full gate including two NS was brill. A bit hairy in the first berm...lol. Lots of close racing. Manualled for the first time...by accident. Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks!!

Well done Kevin and Kenny S for getting your builds up and running. Thanks as always to Kenny H for sorting the meet.

Thanks Marc (Kuwahero) for brining along the gear for my latest build.

Can't wait for next week.

Stevo

« Reply #77 on: July 14, 2008, 10:28 PM »
Yes it was a grand day out yesterday. We spent a good 5 hours at the track. Here's a few pics of the OS gate. Moley you can add the last pics of Kenny S and Kevin Rettie to your site if you like. I will ask Kevin to complete a questionnaire thing.

Stewart (nearest rider) gave everyone a head start since he's an ex-pro and that…

This pic is from a video footage that the photographer shot instead of taking a pic. The video only lasts a few secs so it not worth posting. Line-up looks good though.

Kenny S on with his recent Haro build. After all the effort building it he doesn't like it.  :(

Kevin Rettie, great racer. It would be good if he raced with us more often. This is his DB Leary Turbo that he kept since his 80s racing days.  :coolsmiley:

See you alll next Sunday (20th)  :)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 10:34 PM by Stevo »

moley

« Reply #78 on: July 14, 2008, 10:49 PM »
Kenny S and Kevin Rettie's details are up on the website.

I will do a rankings table (best 5 out of 8 rounds table) after the next round.

Try and get their details for their bikes etc, etc at the next race and PM them to me along with the results.

I'll update everything at the same time!!! :daumenhoch:

kevin rettie

« Reply #79 on: July 15, 2008, 12:45 AM »
Fantastic day yesterday lads. Thanks Kennys for getting it sorted and thanks Marc for the headset and for helping fit it.

Moley, I'll pm you my bike spec and stuff later in the week.

Shame I can't make the next few races but hope to get a few more in before the end of the season.

Enjoy MK guys.

Kevin

moley

« Reply #80 on: July 15, 2008, 05:19 PM »
Ranking table is now up after a little mistake!!!  :-[

I did put best 5 instead of best 6!!  :-[

The Best 6 out of 8 Rounds is the way the North Region BMX run their rankings!!!

Its a running total so it could change dramatically from round to round!!!

Paulo

« Reply #81 on: July 20, 2008, 08:59 AM »

It's bright and sunny here in Glasgow for the first time since May lol.

A little windy, but thats down the Chinese last night. Looking forward to today. Great pics btw Stevo.

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #82 on: July 20, 2008, 11:37 PM »
Results from today are:

1.  kennyhunter6061 50pts
2.  Kenny Scullion 47pts
3.  Stevo 45pts
4.  Kuwahero 44pts
5.  Paulo 43pts

Thankfully 2x Scottish champ Ali Stewart, who came along to watch, didn't take part as his Falcon Aero isn't ready yet.  Despite never having been on a BMX since 1985 he was looking super quick and beating me into the first corner on my old GT Speed Series.  Can't wait to see what he can do on his oldschool bike with a wee bit of practice.  >:D  As long as Ali isn't working or competing in a motorcycle trials competition he'll hopefully be coming along with us to some of the North Oldschool Regionals.  You have been warned!  ;)

moley

« Reply #83 on: July 21, 2008, 12:05 AM »
Results and Rankings are now up!!!  :daumenhoch:

AStewart

« Reply #84 on: July 21, 2008, 10:41 PM »
A big thanks to all the guys I met yesterday at Clydebank and in particular Kenny Hunter for the transport and the work he has put into restoring my old bike and to Kenny Scullion for the use of his superb GT.

Watching the races,(my first in 25 years or so)  I was quite surprised by the pace and competitiveness of all the riders, certainly nothing like the "dads"races we had bitd.  Everyone tried really hard and no one ever gave up. Well done to everyone that took part. I hope more old school people get involved as the work you lads have put in to get things running deserves it.

Well done to all and hope to see you on the gate soon

Allister Stewart

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #85 on: July 27, 2008, 01:13 AM »
The new and verfy much improved Titans BMX Club website is now 'live'.  Still some areas to be added to, but massive thanks to Stevo for creating what I think is one of the best looking BMX Club websites out there.   :4_17_5:  Go check it out...

www.titansbmx.co.uk

Stevo

« Reply #86 on: August 08, 2008, 01:22 PM »
Cheers Kenny, I enjoyed doing the new site. Lets hope it benefits the club (new members, funding, etc).

Bumped into Kevin Rettie on Friday, says he will try to make it for Sun 10 Aug. I see light rain is forecast, so we should be ok.

Cheers

moley

« Reply #87 on: August 13, 2008, 12:06 AM »
Results and rankings for round 7 are now up

Paulo

« Reply #88 on: August 18, 2008, 12:56 PM »
Another great day yesterday for the final round in the Scottish OSSS.

Congratulations to Marc (Kuwahero) who won his first race yesterday in one of the toughest line ups of the year. Well done matey....git!

Also congratulations to Kenny Hunter for winning the Series...again, but it was close.

Looking forward to the Open day on 14th September. Hope loads of people can make it up.

P.

moley

« Reply #89 on: August 18, 2008, 01:12 PM »
Final Results and Rankings are now up!!!  :daumenhoch:

Stevo

« Reply #90 on: August 18, 2008, 09:29 PM »
www.titansbmx.co.uk has been updated with latest results and pics. Will add more pics when I get them from Niall.

Well done to Kenny H for winning the series and for Marc (Kuwahero) winning a moto on his birthday. Here he is with an old Kuwie top:

It was a good day to end the series, looking forward to the 14 Sept.  :daumenhoch:

« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 09:34 PM by Stevo »

moley

« Reply #91 on: August 18, 2008, 11:28 PM »
Do you Scots have a Winter Series or is that it until the next Summer Series?  ???

Stevo

« Reply #92 on: August 20, 2008, 09:54 AM »
Moley, I think Kenny H will confirm what we are doing for winter. But some of us fancy going down south and taking part in your series, especially at the new Manchester track and other tracks.

Came across a web gallery of pics of the Clydebank track on the opening day (2005?). It looks like California with the clear blue skies. The surface looks mint, pity the wind and rain has eroded it over the years.
http://martin-james.fotopic.net/p19184284.html

moley

« Reply #93 on: August 20, 2008, 11:27 AM »
Moley, I think Kenny H will confirm what we are doing for winter. But some of us fancy going down south and taking part in your series, especially at the new Manchester track and other tracks.

Came across a web gallery of pics of the Clydebank track on the opening day (2005?). It looks like California with the clear blue skies. The surface looks mint, pity the wind and rain has eroded it over the years.
http://martin-james.fotopic.net/p19184284.html

Excellent!!

Its only once a month for 8 months so isn't too strenuous like the summer series.

Coppull at the end of this month and Preston at the end of next month.

Check out the Winter Series thread for dates!

I hope I see you at Coppull!! :daumenhoch:

Stevo

« Reply #94 on: August 20, 2008, 03:24 PM »
Some of us will manage a few of those dates, not them all. Probably from October onwards.

It depends what we agree on doing in the winter. Probably have a better idea when we meet on 14 Sept.

The Manchester meet is in Jan 09, so that will give us plenty time to save petrol money, etc. :) Hopefully, make a trip down south before Xmas though. Cheers.

Niall76

« Reply #95 on: August 21, 2008, 12:30 PM »
Good weekend guys, gutted I couldn't race but I got loads of photos.

I posted discs of the photos out to Paulo, Steve, Marc and Kenny H this morning so hopefully you'll get them tomorrow.

Looking forward to the 14th - just hope it's good weather..........

Oh aye - the photo of Marc up there - what's he hiding up his jumper?..... ;)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  Scottish OS Summer Series - Dates Finalised

gfxgfx
gfx gfx