gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975608 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 16, 2024, 04:43 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  GT help
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: GT help  (Read 640 times)

Offline AllAzusacroozer

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
GT help
« on: September 22, 2008, 01:41 PM »
Guys,

My brother very kindly sold my 87 ish Robinson Pro F+F while i was in Australia  :idiot2:  Still that was back in 1992 so i guess i should get over it!  Anyway last weekend  i got myself on e bay and got a bike to play with (looked like a GT mini, skinny tyres uni mini turbo and low rise new style bars)

now i have the bike it seems the frame is pretty good and should clean up pretty well.  Only downside being the seat tube has been damaged through someone cramming a metal shim in there for the uni seat, with a deep seat clamp you wont see it though.  It's not a mini though, American BB.  Stamped under bottom bracket G284818, reading previous threads i'm thinking an 84 Junior? but seems reasonably long at 18-181/2 top tube wheelbase is 36" Forks are non GT, aero shape, maybe Tange.  The new school bars dont fit in the rounded DK stem correctly, the 11/8 comp3's are on 1.5 -1.75 rims!nice Suntour sealed hubs though. 140mm opc ( i didnt know they made them  that small) with powerdisc and sugino chain ring. Mongoose DX type pedals

If its a Junior not a pro i may as well break it for bits, i dont imagine theirs much call for a Junior sized old school?

Cheers

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
Re: GT help
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 01:45 PM »
Pics wil help and details of the serial number as some of the boffins here will be able to tell you model and year from it  :daumenhoch:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 05:21 PM »
I was winning this with about 5 seconds to go.  :LolLolLolLol:

It went for a good price in my opinion.
One build a year, the only way to get it right. No rushing involved.

Offline AllAzusacroozer

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 12:47 PM »
Ok, i have embraced technology and joined photobucket!

http://s443.photobucket.com/albums/qq153/prime8motorsport/

As to technology embracing me, we'll reserve judgement.

Any GT fans out there have pro frame measurements to hand?

As for ebay, Have a look at AuctionSniper, i used my final free 'Snipe' to win it!

Stewart

Offline AllAzusacroozer

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008, 02:26 PM »
Help, anyone?

Does anyone know the dimensions of a GT Pro or Expert/Junior?

stewart

fouronethreeoh!

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2008, 06:33 PM »
Top tube length of expert frame from centre of seat tube to centre head tube is 17 inches.
Below is a 1983 made expert.
There is a no.2 stamped on the r/h rear dropout, which designates expert.
The pro has a no.4 stamp, top tube length of the pro is 18.5 inches, i think, i dont have one to measure.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  GT help

gfxgfx
gfx gfx