gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975563 Posts in 138924 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 16, 2024, 02:55 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  with great sadness i quit bmx racing
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: with great sadness i quit bmx racing  (Read 4969 times)

markatkins

Re: with great sadness i quit bmx racing
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2008, 06:54 PM »
Sod that mate,yeah your kids come first but i would never give something up you love because of your wife!
There must be a compromise?Id no way stop riding for anyone!!

Bushwacked

« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2008, 08:00 PM »
I'm sorry to say I've not met you, but you sound like a top lad and I hate hearing stories like this as it sounds a very difficult situation (although someone did mention that there may be more to this than we know)

Find a compromise - one must be there - you only live once and you've got to keep a few pleasures in life and if you love Racing as much as the photo and the comments seem to suggest then you'll miss it dearly and in 10-20 years you'll look back and think if only I got a few more years out of it...

If she's on your back now - will that change / stop because you've done this for her or will she just find something else to get on your back about??

Life is for living - you don't get dressed up for nothing!!!

dialledbikes

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2008, 10:44 AM »
All the best Russ and hope everything works out on the domestic front.

Why the fook do we all have to grow up and get lumbered with commitments and responsibilities?  :idiot2:

Life was so much simpler in the 80s.

baldbmxer

« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2008, 02:22 PM »
Sad news.

Also, the northern maestro that is known nationally, Chris-B is also now retired from the sport. Speaking to him at the Preston meet yesterday, he confessed; "Can do without the before race stresses", and "I'm going to give you lads a chance at some glory".

Suppose it will come to us all sooner or later. :daumenhoch:

What a load of crap - since when has OS racing involved ''before race stresses''.

Chris-B is a stress head, always has been. He needs to lighten up and have a laugh just like the NE guys.

I stood with DumDare, BrenBurgundy and OrgazDaz and praised them for their fun attitudes at Preston and everywhere else they race. I know that if I raced it would be tongue in cheek and for the hell of it.

FFS most of us are fast approaching 40! What else is there to do when you're rideing a little kids bike?

Chris-B needs to pick up his dummy and get back on the track and enjoy it for what it is. Fun.  :)

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2008, 03:29 PM »
Sad news.

Also, the northern maestro that is known nationally, Chris-B is also now retired from the sport. Speaking to him at the Preston meet yesterday, he confessed; "Can do without the before race stresses", and "I'm going to give you lads a chance at some glory".

Suppose it will come to us all sooner or later. :daumenhoch:

What a load of crap - since when has OS racing involved ''before race stresses''.

Chris-B is a stress head, always has been. He needs to lighten up and have a laugh just like the NE guys.

I stood with DumDare, BrenBurgundy and OrgazDaz and praised them for their fun attitudes at Preston and everywhere else they race. I know that if I raced it would be tongue in cheek and for the hell of it.

FFS most of us are fast approaching 40! What else is there to do when you're rideing a little kids bike?

Chris-B needs to pick up his dummy and get back on the track and enjoy it for what it is. Fun.  :)

Well said.

Racing is an excuse for us to have a bit of me time without all the stresses and tribulations of normal adult life.

We go to the track and we chew the fat and have a bit of banter.

If your wife doesn't like it then you've got the wrong wife. ;)

Offline DIRTBIKER250F

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Home sweet home
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2008, 03:31 PM »
Never beat around the bush Si  :LolLolLolLol:

se

« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2008, 09:07 PM »
If I had a bigger house I'd probably sell the wife and buy a few more bikes. She is a lucky woman indeed.  ::)

Agree that racing shouldn't be a stress, I'd clean up every time if I took it seriously but life's too short.  ;D

Shame about this Russ, it really is.

chippy

« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2008, 08:55 PM »
 :'( :'( :'( :'( a very sad day when a realy good mate is not aloud to enjoy a day out with his friend s .cant you get the kids in to bikes try to get her in to it
i will miss you from sherine take care be good stay true to your self ,

Broggie

« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2008, 11:36 AM »
Hmmm...  I've always been a great believer in if someone loves you then they support you in whatever gives you joy, or in the absence of that they turn a blind eye.  In all honesty and reading between the lines it looks like you care for your wife more than she does for you.  whether you are emotionally beaten up at the track by her, or emotionally held to ransom by being 'forced' to stay at home the end result is the same, and it isnt pretty.

This isnt healthy for you.

Its time to stand up, stop arguing a pointless position and look at what you have...The BMX or not debate is just an issue in something bigger.  If it wasnt BMX I suspect it would be something else and how long before you couldnt fart without permission  >:D

Time to sort this woman out before she drives you to an early grave.

Best of luck.

Ray.

sonic-1

« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2008, 12:25 AM »
Hmmm...  I've always been a great believer in if someone loves you then they support you in whatever gives you joy, or in the absence of that they turn a blind eye.  In all honesty and reading between the lines it looks like you care for your wife more than she does for you.  whether you are emotionally beaten up at the track by her, or emotionally held to ransom by being 'forced' to stay at home the end result is the same, and it isnt pretty.

This isnt healthy for you.

Its time to stand up, stop arguing a pointless position and look at what you have...The BMX or not debate is just an issue in something bigger.  If it wasnt BMX I suspect it would be something else and how long before you couldnt fart without permission  >:D

Time to sort this woman out before she drives you to an early grave.

Best of luck.

Ray.
mmmmm can see what yer sayin but at end of the day iv been a bit of a selfish twunt in the past wanderin off motorcycle racin away for her birthday 5 years runnin !!!! well it was an international where i was part of the works team  ;D
yer dont realise what kinda toll it take s on yer relationship till yer finaly get told !!!! n i got right told only a few month ago !!!
the wife is the type who dont say till its a prob n then im the last one to hear it  :'( so as soon as bmx racin got to be a prob n she had a go about it , i had to listen n knock it on the head , as much as i have a laugh n enjoy it i much more enjoy livin with my kids n bein there at 3 in morning when they are ill n stuff which i prob wouldnt be if we split , so to keep the peace n to try i have to make sacrafices im cool with that  ;)
im hopein at some point things will chill n i can play on my bikes a little will just have to wait n see

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2008, 01:16 PM »
 ::)

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2008, 01:36 PM »
i could understand if you'd had a string of injuries that kept you off work and from joining in at home, other than that, don't let you wife tell you what to do. Does she do what you tell her?  There would have to be a serious and proper reason to stop doing what hobby i liked, not just because her indoors says so. Don't know the in's and out's of your relationship but something is rotten in denmark from where i'm standing.

women, can't live with them

what? you were expecting more?
ding dong

sonic-1

« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2008, 01:55 PM »
well my race bike is gone now to pay a bill !!!!! so no more racin for me this year , how ever my daughter says she wants to try racin  :) so mght just get to be at a few  :)
anyone fancy a nice dyno compe or a 2006 haro sport in the box ???????? still need cash

nishiki14

« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2008, 10:40 PM »
Might bloody join ya sonic............OS anyway, anyone got a cruiser they wanna sell? :LolLolLolLol:

thecrooch

« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2008, 09:51 AM »
Might bloody join ya sonic............OS anyway, anyone got a cruiser they wanna sell? :LolLolLolLol:

whats up with you Sam?  not a good day  yesterday??

Russ Madd Dog has a floval for sale....

nishiki14

« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2008, 09:38 PM »
Well it like this fella, at 9 sunday morning, the entire oldschool class for Peterborough was in my kitchen eating bacon sarnies, we all looked at eachother (all 3 of us) and thought WHY FOOKIN BOTHER? >:(

eloopnai

« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2008, 10:36 PM »
an what lovely sarnies they were  :smitten:
see ya sunday for some more  :LolLolLolLol:

nishiki14

« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2008, 01:14 AM »
Oh yes mate, then we can chat some more about that new "Space Hopper" class we gonna start! :LolLolLolLol:

thecrooch

« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2008, 08:41 AM »
Well it like this fella, at 9 sunday morning, the entire oldschool class for Peterborough was in my kitchen eating bacon sarnies, we all looked at eachother (all 3 of us) and thought WHY FOOKIN BOTHER? >:(

blimey all i got was a buiscuit!   look at this way sam - thats 3 more than they had last year.... just not enough of us to spread around is there...you should get on to Hooga - he's more local to your cause...

anyway the pride of Essex should be a giggle!!! Put that extra bit of rivalry into the mix!!

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2008, 09:12 AM »
I really hope there's a new influx of riders in time for next years race season because it'll be good to see som full gates out there.

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2008, 12:04 PM »
i'll deffo be competing for the coverted last place at a few in the summer  :daumenhoch:

thecrooch

« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2008, 12:28 PM »
Pickle the Daggers Regional is on the 7th Decmeber, can you get a pass if you have been at the rad bash the day before....

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2008, 12:55 PM »
i shall be away on my honeymoon Si otherwise i could've come along

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  with great sadness i quit bmx racing

gfxgfx
gfx gfx