gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975593 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 03, 2024, 09:38 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Supergoose value?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Supergoose value?  (Read 4344 times)

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
Re: Supergoose value?
« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2008, 04:27 PM »
heres my motomag

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2008, 07:28 PM »
A gaggle of geese there spen ! I'm starting to farm my own flock here too   :LolLolLolLol:

Quick question though spen - that middle goose of your brothers (looks like a nickel finish - the one with the old red tuffs) what decals are on that mate ? I 've seen these on the odd ebay frame but i've never seen them in a catalogue or advert  :-\
Any info on those ?

mongoositis - an expensive disease......

Offline kdw712

• 900 Air
    • kdw712 bmx adventures in old school
  • Rated:
« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2008, 08:16 PM »
i think those decals are from early 90's
cheers Kev
{ wanted : "Red Haro Handle" brake lever link to my trade post }

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2008, 09:39 PM »
nice one kev - fountain of mongoose knowledge  ;)

So these decals were still during the BMX products era though - right ? Since the logo is still the lower case mongoose letters rather than the slanted capitalised logos of the new era  ???
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 09:05 AM by bobafett »

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #54 on: October 08, 2008, 08:07 AM »
Quick question though spen - that middle goose of your brothers (looks like a nickel finish - the one with the old red tuffs) what decals are on that mate ? I 've seen these on the odd ebay frame but i've never seen them in a catalogue or advert  :-\
Any info on those ?

Definitely the BMX products era :daumenhoch:

All I can tell you is that it came with them on when it was imported. I've seen a few, and it's kind of in the vein of the Blue Max really - odd one as it's not a "T"-stamped or a Motomag, so possibly a special edition one but it's the lovely yellow-glow nickel finish.. It had the remains of the fork stickers on it, but he took them off as they were propper fecked. Here's the serial number and it's an old one from 1978, although as we all know the serial numbers back then were just the age of the bottom bracket tube stamp and could be taken with a pich of salt plus or minus 3 to 6 months by the time the frames were made up!

Actually, I suppose the crimped-ended Tange forks give it away as been about this age as well. Altogether it's a tidy f&f but would benefit some tlc and elbow grease when it comes to polishing it up I suppose. Trouble with my brother is he's just like me - we love these bikes, but it's all about riding them not just looking at them >:D

I miss my flock now they've been scattered to the wind amongst you lot. This was my favourite one, but sadly it was split up during a big sale. At least I still see Matt (Bensherman) riding the 1979 frame and forks now and then with black Tuffs and running gear :'(

Spen :daumenhoch:
Still limping......

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
« Reply #55 on: October 08, 2008, 09:13 AM »
Yeah spen i know what you mean about ridin 'em - I bought my first mongoose just for show and then thought fook this i need one to ride so i bought another, then bought another cos it was a cheap resto project, then found a cheap team frame on US ebay that was advertised wrongly as a motomag (result !)  and then found my elusive non looptail minigoose and then decided my rider was too nice a frame to be killing so just bought a well used supergoose 2 to ride so i can build the previous rider as a showy  :LolLolLolLol:

It's like an addiction i just can't stop buying the fookers ............ >:D

dix

« Reply #56 on: October 08, 2008, 10:38 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D

magna13

« Reply #57 on: October 08, 2008, 08:37 PM »
heres my motomag

wow, truely amazing  :4_17_5: gooses rule!

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #58 on: October 08, 2008, 09:22 PM »
theres an art to riding mine with them wald bars and coaster
but i aint found it yet lol   :shocked:

magna13

« Reply #59 on: October 08, 2008, 09:31 PM »
lol

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
« Reply #60 on: October 08, 2008, 11:01 PM »
yeah coasters are fun  ;D

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Supergoose value?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx