gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975562 Posts in 138924 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 15, 2024, 07:05 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  Scottish Winter Series 2008
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Scottish Winter Series 2008  (Read 8155 times)

kennyhunter6061

Re: Scottish Winter Series 2008
« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2008, 07:39 PM »
A good turnout today and a great day's racing.  Good to see all the shiny new race bikes being ridden hard.  A few riders really showed the difference being on a proper race bike makes.  Thanks to Paulo, Kuwahero, Nikki and Scott for helping with the racing.  Thanks also to everyone else who helped in setting everything up and taking it all down after the racing  :daumenhoch:  Good to see Mike and Stephen Fraser down from Nairn, hope you'll both be able to make it back soon.

Today saw the first full gate of Oldschool up here, and the competition was tough. Obviously not too tough as I was riding 17+  ;D  Sorry, I meant sandbagging  :LolLolLolLol:  We ran three motos for the Oldschool and 17+ (6 riders) and for the fourth moto we mixed the top 4 from each class.  Points wise you were only really racing the riders in your own class, but it made for some interesting racing and a chance for some of the 17+ guys to do battle with the Oldschool leg ends.  Sorry, I meant Legends of course!  :D

Here's a full rundown of the Oldschool motos for your enjoyment:

Moto 1:
1.  Kenny Scullion (#44)
2.  Scott Davidson (#1x)
3.  Ali Stewart (#8)
4.  Kevin Rettie (#14)
5.  Stephen Fraser (#2)
6.  Colin Jamieson (#45)
7.  Paul Kennard (Paulo) (#13)
8.  Mike Fraser (#20)

Moto 2:
1.  Scott Davidson
2.  Ali Stewart
3.  Kenny Scullion
4.  Colin Jamieson
5.  Kevin Rettie
6.  Paul Kennard
7.  Stephen Fraser
8.  Mike Fraser

Moto 3:
1.  Scott Davidson
2.  Kevin Rettie
3.  Stephen Fraser
4.  Kenny Scullion
5.  Ali Stewart
6.  Colin Jamieson
7.  Paul Kennard
8.  Mike Fraser

So, after 3 motos the four riders qualifying to the 17+/Oldschool 'A' Final were:  Scott Davidson (5pts), Kenny Scullion (8pts), Ali Stewart (10pts) and Kevin Rettie (11pts).  'B' Finalists were: Stephen Fraser (15pts), Colin Jamieson (16pts), Paul Kennard (20pts) and Mike Fraser (24pts).  I managed a couple of firsts in motos 1 & 2 of the 17+ then, because Scott D was whingeing that I was having it too easy in 17+ I sat on my arse for the 3rd moto and made the tactical decision to conserve my energy.  Or it could have been purely to wind him up  ;)

Anyhoo, this is what happened in the 17+/Oldschool 'B' Final:
1.  Stephen Fraser
2.  Colin Jamieson
3.  Lewis Allan (17+)
4.  Paul Kennard
5.  Mike Fraser
6.  Stuart McIntosh (17+)

And in the 'A' Final........
1.  Kenny Hunter (17+)
2.  Scott Davidson
3.  Kenny Scullion
4.  Kevin Rettie
5.  Ali Stewart
6.  Shug Ducat (17+)
7.  Greig Allan (17+)
8.  David Herron (17+)

And, if you ignore all the 17+ riders in there, this is what it meant in the overall finishing places:

1.  Scott Davidson (5pts)
2.  Kenny Scullion (10pts)
3.  Kevin Rettie (14pts but 3rd in A final)
4.  Ali Stewart (14pts but 4th in A final)
5.  Stephen Fraser (20pts)
6.  Colin Jamieson (22pts)
7.  Paul Kennard (27pts)
8.  Mike Fraser (32pts)

I promise to get back in with the Oldschool duffers just as soon as my repop Profiles arrive, honest!  ::)  See you all next week!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 01:23 AM by kennyhunter6061 »

Offline kuwahero

• Look Back
    • Western Titans
  • Rated:
« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2008, 11:59 PM »
Points breakdown for Moley if he aint already burrowed through for the results

1.  (#1x) Scott Davidson (50pts)
2.  (#44) Kenny Scullion (47pts)
3.  (#14) Kevin Rettie (45pts)
4.  (#8) Ali Stewart (44pts)
5.  (#2) Stephen Fraser (43pts)
6.  (#45) Colin Jamieson (42pts)
7.  (#13) Paul Kennard (41pts)
8.  (#20) Mike Fraser (40pts)

Moley please note some of the guys have changed their plate numbers. I didnt race today as I have been ill. Next race Round 4 on Sunday Jan 4th.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 12:15 AM by kuwahero »

teamsano

« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2008, 12:08 AM »
good to see you put skin in his place kenny!

he doesnt have whinge when he gets beat !! ;D

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2008, 12:43 AM »
Aye, he was going on about the Holmes being heavy and he'd need to get the Challenger built up.  What is it they say about a bad workman?  ::)  I was on my newschool bike today.  Might not be so easy when I'm back on the Mongoose!

mike fraser

« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2008, 07:32 AM »
got to say a big thank you to you all guys for making us so welcome and made me feel 17 again lol. with it being my first go for 20yrs i thought i would take it easy, afterall i didn`t want to brake anything like my bro did lmao.

there was something that someone said that i thought was spot on was, back in the day we use to race on a papperboy budget and now we can get the bits that we would only dream about  :LolLolLolLol:

once again thanks to the tittans for making us feel so welcome and we will be back with more for the o/s gate

mike

kevin rettie

« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2008, 03:55 PM »
Fantastic days racing yesterday, great to see some new faces. Thanks Kenny(s) for organising a seamless event as usual.

Fraser, drop me a PM on Musselburgh, it will be a new years resolution of mine to get the track up and running!!

Scott, Marc, Steve (and anyone else interested) look forward to sorting out an old school treck to Glentress early in the new year.

Anyone got any pics from yesterday that they can post?

Paulo

« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2008, 08:02 PM »
A brilliant days racing. Great to Mike and Stephen from Nairn. The competition is hotting up in the old school. A full gate and thats with Kuwahero and Stevo unable to race.

Thanks to everyone who made it a great day. Big thanks to the 2 Kennys. Looking forward to next week.

moley

« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2008, 01:50 PM »
Results are now up!!  :daumenhoch:

stevj

« Reply #58 on: January 02, 2009, 02:15 PM »
Great day chest fine now so can get back to the gym and running again lol. Am up for Glentress Kev just let me know when .... I'll get a hard tail for it. And if you fancy doing fortwilly in the spring give us a shout Mungers and me are headin up there for some spills hehehehe.

Need to work on me gates maybe go back to the one footed starts either that or bail over it with the bike on me back lol...

see you all again soon and maybe I can get some more highlanders down...

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #59 on: January 03, 2009, 09:43 PM »
Yep, i'm up for some downhill kamikaze madness just as soon as I get my new bike.  Hopefully in January sometime courtesy of the Cycle To Work scheme.  Not that I'll be cycling to work you understand!  ::)

Paulo

« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2009, 04:21 PM »

Now that was a mad days racing. Muddy track, light sprinkle of rain and a very slippery track. Lots of carnage. Hope all the guys who bombed out today are OK. They're gonna be sore in the morning.

Best of all was that the racing was brilliant. Hat's off to Kenny Scullion who rode two classes.

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2009, 05:07 PM »
Only 4 in the Oldschool today,

1. Kenny Scullion (1,1,2,3)
2. Colin Jamieson (4,2,1,1)
3. Paulo (3,3,4,2)
4. Kuwahero (2,4,3,4)

Track was crap to start with and got gradually worse as it thawed out. Some heavy ruts and muddy conditions made for some sketchy racing and the odd wipeout.  In the end it required a lot of skill just to keep the bike pointing straight ahead!  Luckily everyone seemed to get away with nothing more than a few cuts and bruises.  The track is due to get resurfaced tomorrow (5th Jan) so hopefully it should be back to tip-top condition for the next round in February.

Some great, hard racing in all the classes. 17+ had two gates, and that was with myself not riding and a few other noteable absences, so it's all looking good for the Summer Series.  My mate Kenny Fulton came along on his hardtail MTB and made David Lindsay work for his points today in 17+.  He really enjoyed his first BMX race so I reckon he'll encourage more mountain bikers along to the track to get involved.  We're sorely lacking good riders, make that ANY riders, in the 13-22 age range, so hopefully that can be fixed.

Good effort from Kenny S today, riding 17+ and Oldschool with about 3 minutes between motos.  He nearly doubled as well, only just getting pipped by half a wheel by David Lindsay in the 17+ Final  :4_17_5:  Thanks to Paulo & Moira for helping with the moto sheets, and Moira & Nikki for doing the Finish Line duties.  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 05:09 PM by kennyhunter6061 »

Niall76

« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2009, 06:13 PM »
Yep, another great day.

Shame about the state of the track but should be interesting to see what the outcome of the maintenance is tomorrow....

4 wipeouts today!  And I managed to get each one photographed. lol

Colin managed to lose a battle with thin air and ended up on his back for no apparent reason?  He managed to get back up, wipe himself down and complete all other races though.  Nice one.
One of the 17+ (No. 62, riding a nice Intense Pro XL) managed a high side on the first berm, looked painful, but was alright too.
Then, on the first jump after the first berm Marc got his arm caught under Kenny S's handlebar and had a spectacular off!  Ended up in a heap on the down slope and was knocked clean out!  He came round after about 20 seconds with his head spinning but after a while got it together and walked away.  Lucky lad.
And finally in the last race of the day Shug managed an almost equally spectacular bought of somersaulting.  Not sure if his chain jumped off or if it was down to the very slippery conditions but he definitely won the competition of 'who can get most mud on them'.

I'll post the photos up as soon as I can - fotopic is down at the moment....

I'm planning a return to racing very soon for myself too....... watch this space.......

Niall76

« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2009, 07:34 PM »
Okay - some photos up...

Incident 1.....

Incident 2.....

Incident 3....

ZzzzzZZZzzzzzZZZZzzzzz....

Incident 4....

Paulo

« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2009, 07:46 PM »
Ouch, Ouch OUCH and Ouch

Well captured Niall, can always trust the Media Secretary of the club to get the shots.

Kuwahero's spill (no.3) looked bad from any angle. Hope you're OK mate.

Colins spill (no.1) was a strange one. One second there, then next he was eating dirt. Didn't even have time to get his hands down. Made a right mess of his helmet.

It was great to see some quality rides. Kenny S and David L to name just a couple.

Offline kuwahero

• Look Back
    • Western Titans
  • Rated:
« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2009, 08:00 PM »
I tnihk i'm arlgiht its hrad to tlel. if atniyhng my tipyngs iprmoevd  :LolLolLolLol:

Paulo

« Reply #66 on: January 05, 2009, 07:30 PM »
I tnihk i'm arlgiht its hrad to tlel. if atniyhng my tipyngs iprmoevd  :LolLolLolLol:

Glad you're OK. That was a hell of a tumble.

moley

« Reply #67 on: January 05, 2009, 08:16 PM »
Results are now up on the website!!  :daumenhoch:

Offline kuwahero

• Look Back
    • Western Titans
  • Rated:
« Reply #68 on: January 21, 2009, 12:42 AM »
Unfortunately, track resurfacing on Monday had to be cancelled.

Condolences to Steve Jenks on the loss of his mother.

Next Round on 1st Feb may possibly be cancelled due to the track not being done and surface being very rutted.

We will make a call nearer to the time for definite

Lets hope all is ok and we can have a great days racing. I wanna try my new bike out :daumenhoch:

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #69 on: January 21, 2009, 06:35 PM »
I wanna try my new bike out :daumenhoch:

I hope this one is fitted with stabilisers and airbag then!  :LolLolLolLol:

Stevo

« Reply #70 on: January 21, 2009, 08:06 PM »
Is it like this one you tried out before?  ;D

Not as nasty when you fall off a 16". Don't blame you.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 08:08 PM by Stevo »

Offline kuwahero

• Look Back
    • Western Titans
  • Rated:
« Reply #71 on: January 21, 2009, 08:47 PM »
if jude had been wearing a helmet i'd have beat him :LolLolLolLol:

damn that kids fast

moley

« Reply #72 on: January 21, 2009, 10:04 PM »
damn that kids fast

Or your just slooooooooow!!  :LolLolLolLol:

Paulo

« Reply #73 on: January 25, 2009, 07:25 PM »

Love the new bike. It is as light as it looks?

Offline kuwahero

• Look Back
    • Western Titans
  • Rated:
« Reply #74 on: January 25, 2009, 07:39 PM »

Love the new bike. It is as light as it looks?

:LolLolLolLol: it is mate. but not as light as the new beast. nice!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  Scottish Winter Series 2008

gfxgfx
gfx gfx