gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975542 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6347 Members - Latest Member: Paulo2 May 05, 2024, 01:01 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Removable Gyro Tabs
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Removable Gyro Tabs  (Read 1439 times)

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Removable Gyro Tabs
« on: February 08, 2009, 04:51 PM »
Anyone on here fitted some or know a good engineering shop that would do it  ???

I'v found these......

http://www.allterraincycles.co.uk/product/111037.html

I know its not a particularly hard job to do, just a few holes & some tapping, but I would hate to fook it up  :'(

lodge

Re: Removable Gyro Tabs
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 05:54 PM »
I'm gonna do my LTF, if your handy it wont be that difficult, take the hole position measurements off a frame with factory fitted tabs and spend a good amount of time measuring and marking out the headtube in preparation for the drillings, once you are 100% sure you have the hole centre markings correct center punch the headtube as this wil prevent the drill from slipping all over the place, you will need a thread tap set to suit the stud size of your tabs, the tap set will state what drill size to use for the thread your tapping, when your tapping the thread, turn half a turn and then half a turn back then full turn half a turn back and so on (drilling/tapping fluid will help) a tap set will have three taps which you use in order. you also will need to remove your forks, hope this helps.

If you have access to a bench drill even better but a hand held will be fine.

Voodoocars

Re: Removable Gyro Tabs
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 06:45 PM »
I did a frame of mine last year.You dont need to be super accurate but as its only 4mm thread be careful with the tapping.I only had a machine tap to work with and the bitch broke when I was nearly thru' the second hole.I got out the bits and screwed a bolt in and it was ok.I took the gyro off after 2 weeks so it was a total waste of time..... Linear cable on now.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Removable Gyro Tabs

gfxgfx
gfx gfx