gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975597 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 08, 2024, 02:11 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  CRASHED AND BURNED ON SONICS BIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!! (SORRY MATE!)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: CRASHED AND BURNED ON SONICS BIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!! (SORRY MATE!)  (Read 1181 times)

Tony 1-4

SONIC, HOW THE HELL DID YOU NOT COME A CROPPER ON THAT BIKE???????

I have just had a rather nasty accident that ended up with me spending 3 hours in casualty. My own fault really as I didn't check the bike properly.

I was riding the bike up and down our street the day before a race meeting at Braintree. I decided I wanted to get the feel of it before I took it to the track. I live in a cul-de-sac and did a few sprints up and down our street. The very last go, before I decided to put the bike in the van, I gave it my all and was going full pelt down the raod when the chain came off. I think I somersaulted twice using my head as brake pads on the tarmac. :'( :'(  I got up and felt an immediate cold trickle down the back of my neck wich was blood. My wife rushed me up to A&E and they used a whole tube of superglue to close the opening on my head. I now look like the elephant man with a growth like thing on the top of my head. ;D ;D

I got to Braintree the next day and reset the tension on the chain. I was coming down the start hill in a practice lap (in front of my little bruv I might add) and the same happened again. I just managed to stay on but it scared the hell out of me.

When I got back to the van, we looked at the set up and the spacer on the 3 piece crank was miles out of line so it was making the chain jump off the rear freewheel.

As luck would have it, I took my old bike as well and manged to change the plate just as racing was about to begin. I went for a ride around the carpark and the old bike felt so strange that I decided to pull out.

I missed the first moto and my little bruv talked me into just pumping round just to get my regional points so I did.

But you all know what it's like when you get up on that start gate. I went for it!!. I got 2nd in my first race behind little bruv. Got  :4_17_5: in the next one. Could have got  :4_17_5: in the last one but fu**ed up over a jump which resulted in me putting my feet down. My little bruv took the opportunity to make the most of it. I then got  :4_17_5: in the final. Was really chuffed considering my confidence took a huge kick in the nuts with the near miss.

Was really gutted I couldn't race the new bike as you were right Sonic, it does ride beautifully :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: Can't wait to race it for the first time. You were right about not changing a thing although I have changed the black Haro seat to a red Elina ultra light ('cos I wrecked the Haro one when I stacked!!!)

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
Re: CRASHED AND BURNED ON SONICS BIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!! (SORRY MATE!)
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 04:30 PM »
Nice one Tone, Cant wait to race you next summer, gonna be BIG >:D
A long time ago, in a land far away!

mr.magoo

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 07:06 PM »
Yeah roll on next year, and a moveable knee, may well stick with O/S too :daumenhoch:

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 06:35 PM »
If the riding is as good as the talking it should be a good year.   :LolLolLolLol:

mr.magoo

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 07:21 PM »
 :2funny:

eloopnai

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2008, 04:24 PM »
i think sonics bike is posessed  >:D

sonic-1

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2008, 11:03 PM »
i think sonics bike is posessed  >:D
:'( it looked after me ok , i never once totaly crashed it , nearly a few times  ;D think it was pointin out it liked an easyer life !!!
im sure it will get used to wining  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  CRASHED AND BURNED ON SONICS BIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!! (SORRY MATE!)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx