gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975608 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 16, 2024, 11:20 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  HAD AN INTERESTING CONVERSATION LAST NIGHT!! RARE FRAME???
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: HAD AN INTERESTING CONVERSATION LAST NIGHT!! RARE FRAME???  (Read 10341 times)

munners

Re: HAD AN INTERESTING CONVERSATION LAST NIGHT!! RARE FRAME???
« Reply #175 on: February 11, 2009, 09:07 AM »
I know JAY but is that at KOS 84?  :-\

In the event he 10000000% ran profiles. ;)

/>
Stop it a 2min 18 sec and you will see.

I reckon that the pic you just showed was a practice bike that he used in a warm up?

Only Eddie will know. ;D

BTW your bike inspired me to get as anal as fook about this JAY! :daumenhoch:

munners

« Reply #176 on: February 11, 2009, 09:08 AM »
FACT....This turned out to be my best thread EVER on this site.  8)

munners

« Reply #177 on: February 11, 2009, 09:14 AM »
Also every chance that 3min 30 secs was when that pic was taken!  :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

JT71

« Reply #178 on: February 11, 2009, 09:17 AM »
got a sudden urge to go out and find a GT pro performer now.

still kind of blown away....Eddie Fiola on RAD.  :shocked:

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
« Reply #179 on: February 11, 2009, 09:25 AM »
Nick your performer is quality, gives me the urge now to get my Yellow one completed finally!  :smitten: :smitten:

Offline JAY

• Site Supporter
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #180 on: February 11, 2009, 09:25 AM »

/>

I reckon that the pic you just showed was a practice bike that he used in a warm up?

Only Eddie will know. ;D

Yes it was KOS 84 at the combi-pool,Upland round 3,if you look at his first run, thats his last air he does.
Thanks for the comments on the build i done,think it was 2005,could never get that seat at the time and a few other parts that i knew weren't correct,but got it close as possible at the time....

just noticed you have just noticed that air,yes about 3m30sec :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 09:28 AM by JAY »

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #181 on: February 11, 2009, 09:26 AM »
got a sudden urge to go out and find a GT pro performer now.

still kind of blown away....Eddie Fiola on RAD.  :shocked:

I was thinking the same thing.  :LolLolLolLol:

munners

« Reply #182 on: February 11, 2009, 09:33 AM »

/>

Only Eddie will know. ;D

Yes it was KOS 84 at the combi-pool,Upland round 3,if you look at his first run, thats his last air he does.
Thanks for the comments on the build i done,think it was 2005,could never get that seat at the time and a few other parts that i knew weren't correct,but got it close as possible at the time....

just noticed you have just noticed that air,yes about 3m30sec :daumenhoch:

Well thats it then. Solved! :4_17_5:

Maybe they arent profiles. They look thick but i have just looked at my Takagi on that bike and thats quite fat too around that area. Maybe when you pause it on youtube it looks out of proportion.

Soooooooooo happy now i could crush a grape!

Offline JAY

• Site Supporter
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #183 on: February 11, 2009, 10:05 AM »
You need a copy of Freestylin,fall84,shows other pics of eddies chrome performer with blue tuffs,its a great looking bike aswell,it also runs a 1piece crank.Hope you don't mind me sayin ,but the front cable should run under the down tube aswell,its a weierd set up,but you can clearly see the way it runs better in the magazine,Ido know he ran the brake like that to improve performance as he could never get a good front brake(set up so the calipers run forward against the forks),but not sure why he ran the cable like that,the way you have it is the obvious way,but he didn't run it like that,maybe he can tell us.here's a pic of the bike i built,check the cable :daumenhoch:.........looks like you were correct on the post though,definetly looks black to me now,i don't have the pics from years go,but looked like a chrome post from pics a guy emailed yaers ago,don't remember who it was and i've lost all those pics now :'( :'( I also went for A'me grips as he was sponsered by them at hat time,but can't see the grips to be 100%..........hope this info helps........

sweetbeats

« Reply #184 on: February 11, 2009, 10:08 AM »
You might like reading nonsensical drivel but I do not.

I can't expect you to spot where sweetbeats edited his post but at first he didn't answer my question at all. It would have been better for me to just not respond to you but I come here to hang around and read a bit, what is your problem?

I post very little because it is obvious to me I do not fit in with the vibe here.  Have you got some special privileges that allow to post such utter shite and allow you to discourage me from sarcastically asking a question about a failure to follow a basic thread and point out how oblivious to JAY's post the response was?

A lot of people have put the boot in here already, it seemed to me that the comment I originally quoted tonight was a reference to the two prototype Eddie Fiola frames from the 1st post.

If I followed your pathetic advice would I be permitted to return another day?

username-like I said in an earlier post in the thread it is a forum based around bikes that where ridden by us as kids eons ago that we all have different views,thoughs and opinions on that we share on the forum.
For most people it's a fun place,good vibes and sometimes pretty funny too.

Unfortunately some people take both themselves and the kids bikes way too seriously and instead of adding to the good vibes of the community they start becoming egotistical,obnoxious and that causes a backlash.

By all means inform people and share your knowledge just try and have a little more tact and remember to have fun along the way. :daumenhoch:

munners

« Reply #185 on: February 11, 2009, 10:16 AM »
Wicked JAY! :4_17_5: :4_17_5: :4_17_5: :4_17_5: :4_17_5:

I will change the cable now! ;D ;D ;D ;D How the fook did you notice that? I knew i had them on the right sides.

I was told about the seat and seat clamp being Shotgun and Cycle Pro respectivelty. You also told me it was a Shotgun seat.

He was also sponsered by Oakley and i was told over on the museum that the bike had Oakleys. There is a Q and A that Eddie did somewhere and he mentioned Oakley as his sponser too, although the AME hat he wears in a pic on this thread also indicates AME sponsered him. He will tell us i hope. Would he REALLY remember though?

I guess the whole BMX World bitd wanted to sponser him! On the footage you can sort of see they were oakleys too as they have a round inner circle on the ends.

Seat post does look black too which is why i went for it.

Loved that bike of yours. That was my inspiration.  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

sweetbeats

« Reply #186 on: February 11, 2009, 10:20 AM »
Them yellow performers do look cool...did eddie ever ride the chrome one with white tuffs in the GT adds ill try and fish the add out?
That is my fave.

sweetbeats

« Reply #187 on: February 11, 2009, 10:24 AM »

Jay was this one ever ridden by Eddie or just a bike for the GT Ads?

Offline JAY

• Site Supporter
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #188 on: February 11, 2009, 10:25 AM »
Honestly,try and view the early Freestylin mags,first 4 issues,not sure if there is a download for them,but some great pics and info in them,i'll try and scan. a pic of his chrome prformer later at the Joe's ramp comp.

sweetbeats

« Reply #189 on: February 11, 2009, 10:27 AM »
Honestly,try and view the early Freestylin mags,first 4 issues,not sure if there is a download for them,but some great pics and info in them,i'll try and scan. a pic of his chrome prformer later at the Joe's ramp comp.

Cool Jay a scan would be top :daumenhoch:

Offline JAY

• Site Supporter
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #190 on: February 11, 2009, 10:31 AM »

Never seen any pics of him riding that chrome with white tuffs,maybe just for the AD,but there must be a load of  stuff out there we haven't seen i guess,Eddie rode so many bikes,changed all the time,but must of been the same for all the Pro's i guess.

Offline double chevron

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #191 on: February 11, 2009, 10:33 AM »

Issue 4 is available here http://www.23mag.com/mags/fs/fs85.htm

ozone

« Reply #192 on: February 11, 2009, 10:40 AM »

Never seen any pics of him riding that chrome with white tuffs,maybe just for the AD,but there must be a load of  stuff out there we haven't seen i guess,Eddie rode so many bikes,changed all the time,but must of been the same for all the Pro's i guess.

Those pictures (from the South Shields thread) of Eddie over at Kawasaki Newcastle are great.  I had no idea that he visited the Toon - we are not worthy, lol. 

The pics are posted here if anyone wants to see them...

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=79145.30

sweetbeats

« Reply #193 on: February 11, 2009, 10:43 AM »
Haha I am in the bottom pic in my nike kagool in the group shot  :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

It was either before or after the show at eldon square at kawasaki yup.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 10:45 AM by sweetbeats™ »

Broggie

« Reply #194 on: February 11, 2009, 10:45 AM »
Personally I care not for people throwing their toys out of the pram.  Everyone and his dog knows that I wasn't a rider BITD and that I've only come into this sport and collecting hobby recently.  But even I know how important Eddie Fiola is to people on here.  I would not want to see Eddie (a busy man, no doubt) passing us by due to anyone engaging his mouth before his brain and getting the whole of RAD in  :10_2_12:

Many of you no doubt will be gagging for 'old stories', which I despite my 'inexperience' will also be interested to read.

I will echo many others in saying welcome to Eddie  :daumenhoch:

Ray.

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #195 on: February 11, 2009, 10:47 AM »
Nick your performer is quality, gives me the urge now to get my Yellow one completed finally!  :smitten: :smitten:

bout time :LolLolLolLol: reckon mine blows Eddies , only joking, very underrated the performer

ozone

« Reply #196 on: February 11, 2009, 10:50 AM »
Haha I am in the bottom pic in my nike kagool in the group shot  :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

It was either before or after the show at eldon square at kawasaki yup.

That must be weird, but cool - seeing yourself in Jays Fiola pics :shocked:

lodge

« Reply #197 on: February 11, 2009, 10:51 AM »
I think the chrome yellow tuffed bike in the Kawasaki pic is dave youngs, very nice looking bike.

sweetbeats

« Reply #198 on: February 11, 2009, 10:52 AM »
I was like WTF !!
Small world indeed. :daumenhoch:

sweetbeats

« Reply #199 on: February 11, 2009, 10:55 AM »
I think the chrome yellow tuffed bike in the Kawasaki pic is dave youngs, very nice looking bike.

Yeah Dave's performer was cool as BITD...Think kawasaki where his co-sponsor not so sure so don't quote me.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 11:02 AM by sweetbeats™ »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  HAD AN INTERESTING CONVERSATION LAST NIGHT!! RARE FRAME???

gfxgfx
gfx gfx