gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975602 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 10, 2024, 04:31 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  a cracking day today..
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: a cracking day today..  (Read 15311 times)

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: a cracking day today..
« Reply #125 on: February 11, 2009, 10:55 PM »
simon, have you got any ladies beach cruiser type bikes, or could you get any?

I know its a change of topic, but im bored now.
Yes sire, will pm you tomorrow  :daumenhoch:
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #126 on: February 11, 2009, 10:56 PM »
good lad.
I want to touch ORB

JT71

« Reply #127 on: February 11, 2009, 10:56 PM »
ladies on cruisers.  mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Dale: what about Sam's frame?

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #128 on: February 11, 2009, 10:59 PM »

I think the hint was move on joe
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Bushwacked

« Reply #129 on: February 11, 2009, 11:00 PM »
I know where she could put those cow horns!!!

Talking of  the horn - Ive got it!

:LolLolLolLol:

JT71

« Reply #130 on: February 11, 2009, 11:02 PM »

I think the hint was move on joe

yeah you're right.

keep it lit!

« Reply #131 on: February 11, 2009, 11:34 PM »
/>

unknown bike company = made from girders  :Great_Britain:

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #132 on: February 12, 2009, 09:50 AM »
I had a bloke in the shop yesterday, been riding since the late eighties...in the last 3 months he's snapped 2 pairs of S&M Slam XLT's where the crossbar meets. He hadn't thrown the bike, they cracked just on landing trails.

Where are all the forum threads ripping S&M apart? They don't, it's just a laugh when it happens. We accept it.

Why do we have a habit of knocking our own in this country?

We should be celebrating our innovation.

We should be supporting our own. Not just UK Bike Co, but all the other British brands in BMX - Dialled, BSD, Federal, whoever...

Come on guys a bit of national pride wouldn't go a miss here.

If UK Bike Co frames start cracking, Darren will be on it, tweak the design and keep moving forward. That's product development. In the same way any other manufacturer would do.

The guy has outsold every other frame in the country over the last 4 months by about 12:1 - with the sheer numbers there are bound to be some casualties come to light, just as there are in every other manufactured product. But believe me, Darren takes any problem to heart and gets it sorted - he's passionate about BMX and riders, he's not after a quick buck.

I'm not crawling up Darren's arse here, I have no other interest in his business other than stocking the frames and parts alongside the 40 other brands I stock.

But I do feel that we should give a little more support to someone who's come on the scene and tried to make a difference.

Someone who hasn't settled for a 'me-too' frame with a set of different graphics - he's tried to move the sport on, rightly or wrongly. One things for sure we need innovators to produce the extremes so that we can raise the bar and not settle for normal.

I don't ride a UK Bike Co, but I'm glad they exisist - it shakes up the establishment and keeps BMX interesting.

Anyhow. Soap box done. Sorry.

Love and peace.

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #133 on: February 12, 2009, 09:56 AM »
I second that.  :daumenhoch:

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #134 on: February 12, 2009, 10:01 AM »
 :daumenhoch:

dialledbikes

« Reply #135 on: February 12, 2009, 10:21 AM »
Well said Stodgy  :daumenhoch:

muttley

« Reply #136 on: February 12, 2009, 12:08 PM »
Can i just put something to bed please?

Is Mark Webb snapping 1 frame a week or whatever the rumour is?

JT71

« Reply #137 on: February 12, 2009, 12:11 PM »

come and tuck me in about 10.30pm  :-*

one a week sounds like an exagerattion (spelling?)

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #138 on: February 12, 2009, 12:14 PM »
i'm sure that's an exageration....but watching that bangers and mash video i think he'd break whatever frame he was riding!   :shocked:

dibly

« Reply #139 on: February 12, 2009, 12:20 PM »

come on lads! look i said he has been riding the same prototype for the last 5 months along with the same proto type 28 spoke wheels if you dont belive me i dont really care, im going to let the riders who buy my stuff and ride, and ride well to do the talking now end of conversation and thread for me now.

Andy

« Reply #140 on: February 12, 2009, 12:23 PM »

The guy has outsold every other frame in the country over the last 4 months by about 12:1 - with the sheer numbers there are bound to be some casualties come to light, just as there are in every other manufactured product. But believe me, Darren takes any problem to heart and gets it sorted - he's passionate about BMX and riders, he's not after a quick buck.
 tried to make a difference.

Just out of interest stodgy, how do you know that he ukbikeco has outsold everything else by 12:1?

Just wondering as I cant see how any company would know how many units another company has sold

Andy

« Reply #141 on: February 12, 2009, 12:27 PM »

come on lads! look i said he has been riding the same prototype for the last 5 months along with the same proto type 28 spoke wheels if you dont belive me i dont really care, im going to let the riders who buy my stuff and ride, and ride well to do the talking now end of conversation and thread for me now.

Dibly do you mean he has been riding the exact same frame for 5 months??

not knocking you but I would have thought mark webb would go through frames alot quicker, not just yours pretty much anyones

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #142 on: February 12, 2009, 12:50 PM »

tried to make a difference.

Just out of interest stodgy, how do you know that he ukbikeco has outsold everything else by 12:1?

Just wondering as I cant see how any company would know how many units another company has sold

It's an estimate Andy based on the conversations I have with the distributors and seeing UK Bike Co's sales on a spreadsheet.

muttley

« Reply #143 on: February 12, 2009, 12:51 PM »

I read the 5 month thing but there has been a lot of 'oh i heard this' and 'i saw that the other day' and just wanted to clear that one up with a nice straight answer.

Thanks Dibly, hopefully this can be laid to rest now.  ;)

Andy

« Reply #144 on: February 12, 2009, 12:51 PM »
ok cool thanks for the reply

teamsano

« Reply #145 on: February 12, 2009, 02:53 PM »
so am I right in saying the guys Revoloution wasnt even cracked at all?

no you're not right.

dale harper tells fibs, because dibbly flows him free stuff (or so he says) maybe dibbly can answer this? i never named him because i didnt want him to get in trouble with his 'sponsor'.

i saw the crack with my own eyes as well as other folk at the park who can confirm this.

it is the 2nd frame he's damaged.

IF he tells fibs, he's not the only now is he

no apparently not,
there's a few fibbers in here.

and of course supporting local brands is important, especially in this day and age.

there's just a lot of unanswered questions in this thread.

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
« Reply #146 on: February 12, 2009, 03:55 PM »
i wish my dog would stop farting, it fooking stinks and my eye's are watering. she's just been out too. >:(
ding dong

moley

« Reply #147 on: February 12, 2009, 04:18 PM »
i wish my dog would stop farting, it fooking stinks and my eye's are watering. she's just been out too. >:(

Blaming it on the dog, eh!!  :LolLolLolLol:

PaulM

« Reply #148 on: February 12, 2009, 07:33 PM »
Well said Dave, totally agree with you there!

Cheers

Paul

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  a cracking day today..

gfxgfx
gfx gfx