gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975573 Posts in 138925 Topics by 6347 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 22, 2024, 11:38 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  salt crank advice
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: salt crank advice  (Read 472 times)

dodger

salt crank advice
« on: February 25, 2009, 08:07 PM »
been looking for a new set of cranks but unfortunatley due to redundancy im low on funds allot of people are saying the salt cranks that come on the higher end wtp compleats has anyone got any views on these?
http://www.winstanleysbmx.com/product/20187/Salt_AM_Cranks

Broggie

Re: salt crank advice
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 08:27 PM »
From what I hear they seem to be well regarded on a budget, and for custom builds.  It's really a case of badge snobbery, if you don't mind the badge there is absolutely nothing wrong with them...So buy them, fit them and enjoy...sod the purists  :daumenhoch:

Ray.

Bettyswallocks

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 09:12 PM »
They look ok for the money...  :daumenhoch:

Why not have a look on ebay for used stuff...  profile/fly? is it for your mankind asidi thats in the new school section?

I'm sounding like a brand snob now... just like Ray (broggie) has mentioned..  :-[

dodger

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 09:20 PM »
inded they are for my mankind as the redlines are now on my errr... redline lol i would love somthing like profile,odessy,macniel ect but i have no paypall and most wont accept cash

Broggie

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 03:50 AM »
To be honest you don't know when your employment situation will get better, so keep it cheap...better days will come and you can have what you like then  :daumenhoch:

I'm in the same boat.   :'(

Ray.

Bushwacked

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2009, 06:05 AM »
I saw a pair of brand new Mcneils recently for £80 on the net but only in white. Seemed a bargain as I think the RRP is about £120!!! Shame I couldn't afford it!

Voodoocars

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2009, 07:53 AM »
Those salt cranks are ok- just the spindle is a bit heavy.I had them on my wtp.A lighter crankset is the Blank alloy set.They are the same as powerbites with a hollow axle and real good value.I had some a while ago and I think they were £69.99

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2009, 08:04 AM »
Send Generallee a PM regards cranks, he had some real nice prolite ones which were copies of the Primo ones...bling polished as well, i think he was flogging them for about £50   :daumenhoch:

chromeOrange

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2009, 02:24 PM »
As has already been said, the Salt cranks are decent for the price. I have them on my WTP. I've been pretty impressed with all the Salt stuff really.

You can get better of course - but it'll cost you more...

Mark.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  salt crank advice

gfxgfx
gfx gfx