gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975565 Posts in 138924 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 17, 2024, 01:30 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Damon Nicholls - Fatbmx Intv - enjoy
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Damon Nicholls - Fatbmx Intv - enjoy  (Read 1410 times)

Ramp Rat

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Damon Nicholls - Fatbmx Intv - enjoy
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 12:03 AM »
nice one damon, me and my bill had a chat about you today, about rom, chingford ect,

good interview and pics mate :daumenhoch:
For powder coating drop me a pm

union

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 12:16 AM »
fookin awesome damon! i was at chingford when those pics were taken,if you look at the one from chingford jam-think it was a poster in freestyle, theres a kid sitting there with a chrome bike n yellow bars.that was a good jam. come to think of it that was the first jam-not contest-i attended.

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 06:00 PM »
Nice one Dames....cool interview, respect!

Daz.  :daumenhoch:
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

sweetbeats

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2009, 06:03 PM »
Cool as  :daumenhoch:

Guillotte

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2009, 08:21 PM »
nice read,man. thx  :)

teamsano

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2009, 11:18 PM »
some great pics there!

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2009, 12:07 AM »
Nice one Damon, I just posted up a comment on fatbmx about how the early days at Rom were the best of times, bmx nowdays just hasn`t got the same vibe as we had bitd, not that it`s bad now, just not the same as when we were trying the stuff for the first time  :daumenhoch:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

stumpy

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2009, 08:17 AM »
Good on ya Damon, quality read,

Stumpy

andy619

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2009, 01:41 PM »
Great read Damon!  I first met you at Mons ramp in 85, you were already shredding on a bike then.  I think that you are also the second UK bmxer that I ever met.

Offline tricknuts

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2009, 05:37 PM »
Damon. cool.

love that blyther style air with Pepi on the deck
"I've never stopped riding badly....and I never will"

ralphtribe

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2009, 11:21 PM »
Cool interview mate - loved the bit about how your parents were useless at giving you lifts anywhere ("still in therapy" LOL) - what was it about all of our parents? - they were all supremely useless - mine didn't seem to have the faintest idea that we had gone beyond building pallet ramps in Sutton Market until they did eventually find their way to that Maidenhead show where everyone was being mobbed - they just looked totally bemused by it all (I half wonder whether they were stoned!).

That said, the other half of me thanks god that they didn't know the half of it - imagine their faces had they seen us being chased to the train station that time by those crazy motherfookers from New Cross LOL - the only reason we could go to all those great places was because our parents didn't know realie that we weren't in a car park in Belmont somewhere.

I can see that the melted Skyway is another therapy item - my Dad would probably be really proud to know he still gets name-checked by a BMX legend  :)

You said "Roy Bethel - RIP" - that made me sad - what happened to Roy?

Guillotte

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2009, 06:59 AM »
I remember watching Damon ride while I was trying to work my way up the ranks of the UKBFA. Fond memories indeed. I've also noticed, recently, that Mr. Nicholls has a good head on his shoulders and seems to have evolved into a a great guy...unlike many of us who have allowed ourselves to be brainwashed by 4 ft wide, 8ft tall, barely vert quarter-pipes that continue to taunt us in our dreams and keep us from realizing our ambitions. Like selling pretzels to sweet,sweet MILF's whilst dressed as leprechauns.

Or maybe I'm confusing things.

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2009, 07:19 AM »
great interview damon   :)

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2009, 07:43 AM »
I remember watching Damon ride while I was trying to work my way up the ranks of the UKBFA. Fond memories indeed. I've also noticed, recently, that Mr. Nicholls has a good head on his shoulders and seems to have evolved into a a great guy...unlike many of us who have allowed ourselves to be brainwashed by 4 ft wide, 8ft tall, barely vert quarter-pipes that continue to taunt us in our dreams and keep us from realizing our ambitions. Like selling pretzels to sweet,sweet MILF's whilst dressed as leprechauns.

Put the bottle of alchohol away and walk away from the cabinet, go to bed!  :LolLolLolLol:

Did make me laugh though.

Daz.
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

Guillotte

« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2009, 07:53 AM »

Put the bottle of alchohol away and walk away from the cabinet, go to bed!  :LolLolLolLol:

Daz.

Bothers me a bit that you assume I've been drinking. Ah well. Much love.

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2009, 05:19 PM »

Daz.

Bothers me a bit that you assume I've been drinking. Ah well. Much love.

It was said in jest my friend.  ;)

Daz.

series.1.rs.turbo

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2009, 05:54 PM »
Great interview  :daumenhoch:

Who's that sat on the top of the Vincent ramp ???

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Damon Nicholls - Fatbmx Intv - enjoy

gfxgfx
gfx gfx