gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975596 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 05, 2024, 11:58 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Reusing hubs - moving from 20 to 24 inch wheels..
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Reusing hubs - moving from 20 to 24 inch wheels..  (Read 307 times)

Weeksy

Reusing hubs - moving from 20 to 24 inch wheels..
« on: May 25, 2009, 08:06 PM »
Hi all,

I am thinking of splitting up my 2007 Looptail ripper and building a cruiser with as many parts as I can salvage from it.

It has all seen less than a few hours use over the 6 odd months I have had it since building it, and I was wondering among other things, if my Profile mini hubs would go again when laced up to some 24 inch rims, without showing the marks where they have been racked up before?

Can they be rebuilt with the spoke pattern the same, or am I best off selling the wheels and starting again?

Your advice would be much appreciated

Thanks

Weeksy

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
Re: Reusing hubs - moving from 20 to 24 inch wheels..
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 08:54 PM »
prob would go again how bad are the marks
as mine hardly notice and they was quite deep

Weeksy

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 08:58 PM »
Thanks for the reply dude.

They look quite shallow to be honest, but was thinking if they were laced in a different arrangement, the marks would be pretty visible!

Was hoping the new lacing arrangemtn would be pretty much the same and cover (hopefully)all of the marks!

Fussy twat I know man!

Bettyswallocks

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 09:10 PM »
Price of profile hubs...  :shocked:

i'd deffo be re-using em...  :daumenhoch:

Weeksy

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 09:26 PM »
That's what I was thinking, but seeing bloody marks from a previous build would really cheese me off fella!!

Someone has just said that the hub shells are available separately, which is an option I suppose!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Reusing hubs - moving from 20 to 24 inch wheels..

gfxgfx
gfx gfx