gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975560 Posts in 138924 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 13, 2024, 03:18 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  bmxmuseum.com forum?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: bmxmuseum.com forum?  (Read 1233 times)

actarus

bmxmuseum.com forum?
« on: July 30, 2009, 02:13 AM »
here's the deal.... I just recently got into old shool BMX restoration.
I used to ride when I was a kid (82-83) but never really pursued. All my life I always wanted to get back into BMX and 5 years ago, I did. I started riding again, at the age of 33. So I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to BMX history and hunting down parts. (well not that bad..)

A few months ago I was lucky enough to find a survivor of the first BMX I ever owned. A Burner copy with Araya 7c rims, Sugino GT cranks & MX 1000 copies. Basicaly a department store bike.

Anyhow, I needed advice so I thought I would join an online community of OS enthousiats for help and support from more experienced rider/collectors. Being from Canada, it felt natural for me (geographically anyway) to go to bmxmuseum.com.

So far, i am a bit disapointed with the forum. So I though I would ask around here before judging too fast and drawing conclusions.

Anyone here have an account over there? What do you think of the forum and its members?

Please speak your mind...

thx

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: bmxmuseum.com forum?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 06:16 AM »

never really been on there tbh, never needed it

sweetbeats

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 07:00 AM »

munners

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 07:14 AM »

You are so ANTI it Pete. You would love it.

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 02:47 PM »
I've heard a lot of mixed stuff about it, some good some bad but have never really been on the forums other than having a look at links peeps have posted. 

Better to crash and burn than fade away

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2009, 03:18 PM »
 :) You`ve found RAD,everything you`ll need is right here :daumenhoch:

Offline double chevron

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2009, 03:23 PM »

:daumenhoch: wicked sense of humour on here aswell, quite different anywhere else

shivadread

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2009, 03:57 PM »
I was on there for a while, found it ok.  What I liked about it is the collection of bikes on it and everyday a load more get added.  But eventually got bored of it and now only visit it once a month to see if anybody has left any comments on my bikes.

Definitely prefer it here as there is not so many yanks on here  :2funny:

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2009, 04:21 PM »
i love it,its my second stop after rad!ive always had loads of help when ive fired other members questions too and the museum part is awesome,could spend all day in the museum part!! :smitten: :smitten:
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Victoria Concordia crescit

actarus

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2009, 06:35 PM »

:daumenhoch: wicked sense of humour on here aswell, quite different anywhere else

I haven't posted a lot here yet
but I do feel the vibe is a much more positive here
... so I will surely stick around  ;)

Definitely prefer it here as there is not so many yanks on here  :2funny:

As much as I would like to, I will not get into 'that' ...  being a new member here, I am a little hesitant to speak freely on the subject ... but I will say that, as a Canadian, I felt very unwelcome over there ...
regardless, there are a some very nice members over there

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2009, 09:09 PM »
I don't use the forum on bmxmuseum.com - just use it for reference and checking out the bikes in the museum itself.

vintagebmx.com I use sparingly - it's a great site but sometimes it feels "too big" and you may never share a thread with the same person again no community atmosphere if you ask me but that's just my opinion  :-\

os-bmx.com is pretty good and has more of a community feel to it than vintage if you ask me  :)

But at the end of the day RAD is home and i spend 99% of my forum time on here and 1% on the other 3 above so now that you've found the site - pull up a seat, grab your favourite brew and enjoy the best old school BMX site on the planet  :daumenhoch:

mongoositis - an expensive disease......

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2009, 09:17 PM »
welcome to rad...

make your own mind up mate...

proofs in the pudding. :daumenhoch:

dj B silverlite

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2009, 11:22 PM »
i like bmxmuseum cos there's nuff bitching going on all the time and call outs  :LolLolLolLol:. dont really get that on rad as its a smaller community and the tits get found out pretty quickly. i havnt posted on here for ages but always log in to read whats been goin on and check out the bmx chat section whereas bmxmuseum i log in to see whos been ripped off that day  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2009, 12:50 AM »
Burner stuff can be found on Burnerworld.co.uk and Raleighburner.com  :daumenhoch:

and don't forget up and coming BMXADDICTION.COM  >:D :angel:

Cheers B
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

Offline generallee

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2009, 01:21 PM »
RAD RAD RAD RAD RAD RAD. there is a reason why Filoa, Dominguez, Shohara etc etc and a lot of the 80s race legends all are members on here- Its a total breath of fresh air compared to the other sites. Stick with Rad, you'll love it!
steve

Offline PHIPPSIO

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2009, 01:32 PM »
unfortunately, bmx museum is becoming populated with people who just want to buy and sell. It used to be a good place to get advice on restoration work and also bike history but most of the people who were knowledgable have moved on due to the "call out" culture over there. I saw a post recently where a disagreement ended with one guy thtreatening the life of a member and posting a picture of a Glock 7 pistol. Thats a bit off topic for me these days  ;D

i still use it and have some great friends/contacts there but its not what i need from the hobby so im going my own way now

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2009, 01:42 PM »
bit shocking that Dom , worst ive seen on here is a catapult  :LolLolLolLol:

actarus

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2009, 07:35 PM »
unfortunately, bmx museum is becoming populated with people who just want to buy and sell. It used to be a good place to get advice on restoration work and also bike history but most of the people who were knowledgable have moved on due to the "call out" culture over there. I saw a post recently where a disagreement ended with one guy thtreatening the life of a member and posting a picture of a Glock 7 pistol. Thats a bit off topic for me these days  ;D

i still use it and have some great friends/contacts there but its not what i need from the hobby so im going my own way now

they actually have a "post your guns" thread  ???

RAD RAD RAD RAD RAD RAD. there is a reason why Filoa, Dominguez, Shohara etc etc and a lot of the 80s race legends all are members on here- Its a total breath of fresh air compared to the other sites. Stick with Rad, you'll love it!
steve

I'm loving it already  :smitten: 
... notice the site supporter badge  :coolsmiley:
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 08:33 PM by Cyclo »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  bmxmuseum.com forum?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx