gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975608 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 16, 2024, 03:08 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Complete survivor build ( Kuwahara Nova)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Complete survivor build ( Kuwahara Nova)  (Read 1711 times)

Juju

Re: Complete survivor build ( Kuwahara Nova)
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2009, 09:26 PM »
See, my input is that "survivors" get ridden, and capret queens get hung up on walls.

and I reckon Mr Kuwahara would be spinning a 360 backflip nohander in his grave if he thought his bikes were being looked at not ridden as the functional, fun kids toys they are.

Only this weekend I was out at that Doking trail site with my DB SS, and the pride at actually "riding" the funkiest bike there, (to me) jsut added 500% to the pleasure of being there.

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2009, 09:43 PM »
Fair enough....

I just assumed as it was the original surviving chrome with original surviving stickers then this would be classed as a survivor. Not a thing on this bike has been re-chromed or powder coated to look like new. Even the BB, headset, spider and crank are original to the bike.

This is also ridden mate, it's certainly no "carpet queen".

It looks a little blingy there as i tarted it up for it's photo's.  :-[
One build a year, the only way to get it right. No rushing involved.

Juju

« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2009, 09:55 PM »
Lol, I fear you misunderstand..

I was saying I like it!

Its great not to have a rechromed, powdered fluffy new looking bike, somehow something with a few age scars can be "ridden" which is what they were built for.

To be honest,  idea of a 100% complete as purchased bike survivor is a bit odd. I dont know anyone who didnt start upgrading as the pocket money flowed in, whether just grips, pads, seatpost, then brakes, wheels whatever... and rthats not including the bits you broke like chainrings, chains ect.

I know I spent literally several pounds on my first bike a Pirahana, which was nearly as shit when I finished as it was fromt he factory...

Crank, spyder, headset, f&f, original finish and decal,s thats "survivor" to me.

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2009, 09:59 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol:

Whoops, sorry  :-[

One build a year, the only way to get it right. No rushing involved.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Complete survivor build ( Kuwahara Nova)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx