gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975601 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 10, 2024, 03:48 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  Lytham 5th July - Riders List - Rnd 6 North Region Summer Series 2009
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Lytham 5th July - Riders List - Rnd 6 North Region Summer Series 2009  (Read 17249 times)

ROX

What an amazing day yesterday!

Final race, went tyre to tyre with Greg round the final berm, battling for 4th, sounded like a swarm of bees as the fresh rubber from our tyres was rubbing against each other!

Came last as bast though after missing the finish line in the B final!  :LolLolLolLol:

Davey told me there was a shot of me racing in Fast Lane BMX mag, then a chap with a Max Wall hairstyle came up to us and said he was selling the very same issue, and actually found 2 photos (pages 69 & 71)! :shocked:

Aaaaaaand, I only went and won the bloody raffle! :4_17_5:

It gets no better!

moley

What an amazing day yesterday!

Final race, went tyre to tyre with Greg round the final berm, battling for 4th, sounded like a swarm of bees as the fresh rubber from our tyres was rubbing against each other!

Came last as bast though after missing the finish line in the B final!  :LolLolLolLol:

Davey told me there was a shot of me racing in Fast Lane BMX mag, then a chap with a Max Wall hairstyle came up to us and said he was selling the very same issue, and actually found 2 photos (pages 69 & 71)! :shocked:

Aaaaaaand, I only went and won the bloody raffle! :4_17_5:

It gets no better!

You jammy git!!  :D

BigG

You run your rear right back in the dropouts.   Try slamming it.   If you get it nearly slammed and it slips then you wont lose the chain!!

Not sure what you mean there kid, please explain???  ???

moley

If your chain is nearly at the right tension when the wheel is fully forward in the dropout then your wheel cannot slip forward enough and loosen causing the chain to come off.   When you fully tension it and it slips it wont end up too loose because the axle can't move forward enough. It might break still but it can't be thrown off the sprocket. 

How tight was your chain in the first place?

Remember to spin your cranks and check tension all the way around the chain.   You'll probably find tight and loose spots depending on where your cranks are.

You should tighten so that the loose spots aren't too loose and your tight spots aren't too tight that you could snap your chain.

Daz has his fully forward on his Hawk!!   So there is no chance of slipping forward.  :daumenhoch:

motomagII

stop chatting ian and get the video on i wanna see my super lightening spped .lol
 :daumenhoch:

kevmalone

Plenty more OS photos for you to take a peak at on www.kevmalonephotography.com

Enjoy

Offline rooski

• 540 Air
  • Mons Veneris
  • Rated:
Had a great days racing on sunday, despite having car problems on the way there and back!,big thanks to Bren lendin me the money to race :daumenhoch:

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
If your chain is nearly at the right tension when the wheel is fully forward in the dropout then your wheel cannot slip forward enough and loosen causing the chain to come off.   When you fully tension it and it slips it wont end up too loose because the axle can't move forward enough. It might break still but it can't be thrown off the sprocket. 

How tight was your chain in the first place?

Remember to spin your cranks and check tension all the way around the chain.   You'll probably find tight and loose spots depending on where your cranks are.

You should tighten so that the loose spots aren't too loose and your tight spots aren't too tight that you could snap your chain.

Daz has his fully forward on his Hawk!!   So there is no chance of slipping forward.  :daumenhoch:

Carefull now, slamming the rear wheel is not the answer, short rear end = faster gate ::) or flipping out when pulling the front end up. 

Crank them wheel nuts up big lad :)
"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

nhoj

Had a great days racing on sunday, despite having car problems on the way there and back!,big thanks to Bren lendin me the money to race :daumenhoch:

What happened on the way back, did you even make it to the M55?  We saw you just after we left the carpark, you were going the wrong way, back to carpark? ???

Offline rooski

• 540 Air
  • Mons Veneris
  • Rated:
decided not to go on the m55,turned round went back the way i came.got back ok must be a faulty oil switch, there was loads of oil in there! had to drop some of it when i got back. thinkin about the car obviously had some negative effect on my racin or i would have  done better :laugh:

Davey

Hey Rox. U ARE NOW FAMOUS........R u gettin paid by fastlane for the use of your shot they used in the mag??????

Davey

Offline beard1973

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Missed you guys yesterday....    :'(

moley

Dave!!  Is your vehicle sorted yet?

Offline beard1973

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
£240 later it is....  :(

U have no idea how mad I was yesterday morning.. They ruined my day and my summer series as it's unlikely I can make Manchester. So with only Hartlepool after that I will only have made 5 rounds... Still freakin' livid..!!

moley

£240 later it is....  :(

U have no idea how mad I was yesterday morning.. They ruined my day and my summer series as it's unlikely I can make Manchester. So with only Hartlepool after that I will only have made 5 rounds... Still freakin' livid..!!

They need a good kickin!!!  :knuppel2:

ROX

Hey Rox. U ARE NOW FAMOUS........R u gettin paid by fastlane for the use of your shot they used in the mag??????

Davey

Yeah, famous, perhaps people will start forming a queue!   :2funny:

Davey

8)

moley

Official results are now up

http://northregionbmx.co.uk/hello/results/nrss09.pdf

I'll do mine tonight!!  :daumenhoch:

Offline JT Smooth

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
46 riders on the OS results.............WOW  :shocked:

Offline Haro82

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
Official results are now up

http://northregionbmx.co.uk/hello/results/nrss09.pdf

I'll do mine tonight!!  :daumenhoch:

Can you see the Lytham results on  there when you open it ?  :-\  I can't.

Offline JT Smooth

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
Yep, open your eyes  :shocked:

Offline Haro82

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
Yep, open your eyes  :shocked:

I am doin  :crazy2:  It must be cached or summat on my pc. It's doing my head in

daz22

Daz22 was about 10 secs too slow to react to the gate!!  :D

Yeah thanks moley...... I was hoping no one noticed  :LolLolLolLol:

I was going so well I thought i'd give you old gits a head start (or in other words....I COMPLETELY f**ked up my start and rather than just go I sat there abusing myself verbally for a bit, and funny enough I felt happier doing so  :idiot2:)

roll on manchester, its a bloody big track, there be pain and suffering for all.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  Lytham 5th July - Riders List - Rnd 6 North Region Summer Series 2009

gfxgfx
gfx gfx