gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975573 Posts in 138925 Topics by 6347 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 23, 2024, 02:41 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  vert ego - FOOKIN LOLAGE
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: vert ego - FOOKIN LOLAGE  (Read 5968 times)

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
Re: vert ego - FOOKIN LOLAGE
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2009, 10:01 PM »
things have naturally increased in price as supply has dropped and demand has risen. E-bay has been the main driver of prices over the years with people paying what they are willing to pay.
B can't be blamed for that. We have seen people on here buy things with the intention of flipping them for profit. It's not dissalowed but it is noticed and you make a rod for your own back by acting in this manner. We've noticed over the years that those in it for what they can get, tend to fall in together. They kind of bounce off each other justifying each others dodgey dealings as and when anybody says anything.

The old school items are worth what they are worth. Some peeps are uninformed and pay more than they need to, some have more money than patience and pay well over the odds. If when they come to re-sell they discover they where 'had' they can be very dissapointed unless they find one of the less informed types.
remember, it's not important what you pay, it's your money, it's important to like what you have.

the most bewildering part of the prices is the hutch stuff. WTF, is showing off that important to some people.

i've bought off biagio, i've sold to biagio. so far i've earned miles more off him than he has off me personally.  So it's not all bad. if he has something i need and it's within budget and unavailable anywhere else, i will buy off him. But as long as it isn't fecked and full off 'shelf' wear(never understood that, ive tons of stuff on shelves at home and none has any wear at all) i'll be happy with my purchase.
ding dong

munners

« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2009, 10:06 PM »
Agree.

But you must admit that he had a huge influence on the prices of stuff as he is the biggest old skool seller on ebay.

People see the prices of his stuff and assume that their stuff is worth the same.

Thats how he drove the prices up for us guys. :daumenhoch:

Great if you bought your stuff in the late 90's for silly money but a bummer if you want parts and have to pay even sillyer money.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 10:08 PM by munners »

Offline JT Smooth

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2009, 10:44 PM »
B's influance on price's goes beyond anything mentioned!

When I first started out selling, mx900s were £26 posted with a lever and cable,
his prices then hit £60+ and the trade price is doubled to me from my supplier

Never met him, heard very good and very bad about him, never bought or traded with him!

I bet he loved threads like this........good reminder for everyone where to get stuff  :coolsmiley: (click my banner  ;))

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2009, 10:55 PM »

is he getting into the curtain market ?

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2009, 11:03 PM »
beef(curtain)?
ding dong

dct

« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2009, 11:44 PM »
Fook
I haven't had one reply to a thread I started for about 3 years

fookin lol

Offline boofy44

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2009, 01:23 AM »
he's never made any secret that its a buissness to him.i,ve bought stuff off him 2/3 years ago and had no
complaints.his prices are steep now but but he doesn't seem to have owt i want so i'm not that arsed
what he charges.a fool and his money and all that shite.

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2009, 08:27 AM »
I've bought loads of him around 5 years ago, then the odd part now and then as he has stuff which no other fooker wants to cough up as everyone is hording!  :tickedoff: I haven't had a problem at all, his postage is a bit slow but it always arrives in a good condition and I've seen single ebay items sell more than what some of his buy it now's are on his website. I'm sure he refurbs a lot of stuff now though and sells it as NOS as I've heard some rumours about this recently...

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2009, 08:50 AM »
His inflated prices set the benchmark and I didnt hear anyone moaning when they were selling their stuff at 400% profit off the back of his prices!
 :shocked:

What a crock of shit...

Maybe you will sell me one of your NOS Kashi's for what you paid for it 4 years ago! :buck2:

Like I said, What a crock of shit...

...or maybe you'd like to try and Mug 2 Kashi Aero seats off me for a trade with a battered old MXII frame set. Oh, that's right you did try :2funny:

Talk about trying to take advantage of a person :P

Have a nice day

Bren :)
"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2009, 09:48 AM »
Its about respect

if someone sells stuff they have doctored as nos they are a cun t

if someone sells stuff with hight prices but with respect for the seller then its all good , u dont have to buy it and thats fine

but to do the things that have been done to product then sold witrh a big fingers up to the buyer knowing its not what you say it is then that is wrong and should be pulled

I have never bought anything of any value of B for a long time , after my NOS black tuffs were found to be 2 fronts with a thread engineered to take a free wheel and that was in 2002

munners

« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2009, 01:59 PM »
His inflated prices set the benchmark and I didnt hear anyone moaning when they were selling their stuff at 400% profit off the back of his prices!

What a crock of shit...

Maybe you will sell me one of your NOS Kashi's for what you paid for it 4 years ago! :buck2:

...or maybe you'd like to try and Mug 2 Kashi Aero seats off me for a trade with a battered old MXII frame set. Oh, that's right you did try :2funny:

Have a nice day

:2funny: :2funny: Touched a nerve did I? >:D

I got £150 for that from a member on here. It wasnt battered either. Great nick. :coolsmiley:

Just so you know mate............ your Kashis are worth £75 a pop at the mo so I was on the money with that offer. ;)

Snooze and you lose...you should have sold them Kashi's when I sold mine....... :P

Regards

Nick

« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 02:01 PM by munners »

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2009, 02:30 PM »
Its about respect

if someone sells stuff they have doctored as nos they are a cun t

if someone sells stuff with hight prices but with respect for the seller then its all good , u dont have to buy it and thats fine

but to do the things that have been done to product then sold witrh a big fingers up to the buyer knowing its not what you say it is then that is wrong and should be pulled

I have never bought anything of any value of B for a long time , after my NOS black tuffs were found to be 2 fronts with a thread engineered to take a free wheel and that was in 2002

lol. don't but any nos gt/hutch/vdc/skyway/anyotherdecentbar bars or nos aerospeed's or nos hutch stems or a whole host of other nos stuff. just stick to the very low end stuff off the badger.
has he had you rich mate. He has engineerd(or had engineerd should i say) lots of OS over the years. he should change his name to voris charNOSowskiripoffovich dixon he's made that much himself.
ding dong

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #62 on: June 26, 2009, 04:10 PM »
the only things ive evr bought off him are early robo bars £20 n a GHP pro1 f/f £50! them were the fookin days :daumenhoch:

munners

« Reply #63 on: June 26, 2009, 04:16 PM »
Give ya £60 for the GHP

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #64 on: June 26, 2009, 06:02 PM »

What a crock of shit...

Have a nice day

:2funny: :2funny: Touched a nerve did I? >:D

I got £150 for that from a member on here. It wasnt battered either. Great nick. :coolsmiley:

Just so you know mate............ your Kashis are worth £75 a pop at the mo so I was on the money with that offer. ;)

Snooze and you lose...you should have sold them Kashi's when I sold mine....... :P

Regards

Nick

I don't own any Kashimax aeros...  they all sold, and every one involved, including myself is happy with the outcome. I think you need to look at your 2009 oldschool parts price list, some of the rates are a bit out :2funny:

...and well done on selling the frame set, you must be proud of youself... the worlds most expensive MXII.  Kerchinggggg ::)

Any way, have a nice day

Bren
"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

munners

« Reply #65 on: June 26, 2009, 06:18 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D

LOS1969

« Reply #66 on: June 26, 2009, 09:07 PM »
i had a pair of skyways and few more bits last year off him ,when i opened the box had a dc back brake  cable which i didnt ask or pay for ;)

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #67 on: June 27, 2009, 12:37 PM »
i had a pair of skyways and few more bits last year off him ,when i opened the box had a dc back brake  cable which i didnt ask or pay for ;)

guilt.
ding dong

scary_leary

« Reply #68 on: June 27, 2009, 01:39 PM »

Should've kept ya mouth shut... you'll have a paypal reminder now  :LolLolLolLol:

ROX

« Reply #69 on: June 27, 2009, 04:59 PM »
I've had a few bits and pieces off him, including my awesome Aero race suit, and I've got no complaints!

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #70 on: June 28, 2009, 04:57 PM »
let's drag it out some more :LolLolLolLol:

he used to come over to europe to buy his stuff in germany, where you too can still buy the stock he buys and then put a tidy profit on it. :LolLolLolLol:

spraken zie doische
ding dong

trasher

« Reply #71 on: June 28, 2009, 11:32 PM »
is it true he used to phone up the old bike dealers ,out of the bmx mags from back in the day ,,,and some of the old classified adds

you can just imagine getting a phone call 25 years later and someone asking ,,,,is the bike still for sale  :2funny:

if thats the case

i have a mag here from 84

skyway ta ,,tuff II's,,skyway platform,,mx1000's,,takagi crank,,lazerlite bars,,oakley grips,,and much more ,,,£275o.n.o

think ill give them a bell,,,, :smiley6600:

or even this one ,just around the corner from me

curtis pro,,red tuffs,,mx1000's,self centering,,curtis pro bars,,and much more £155,o.n.o ,,northampton,,0604845461

www.vert-ego.com

« Reply #72 on: July 06, 2009, 12:34 PM »
ello everyone, yep everyone

I have love 4 ya'all

Well, as sure as the sun rises every day, threads like this will go on.........

anyway....as JT someone said earlier I am firmly not allowed to support, sponsor or trade at MK 09. Correct me if I am wrong...

I have approached RAD many times in past regarding me being involved. No official line has ever been given to me, no reason other than last year 'we have enough sponsors' still can't get my head around this one.

anyway onto this year...I called rom bloke (dave Giller ) direct, he said would look into it and call me back but then had other more pressing things to deal with, I called stodgy repeatedly and PM'd him twice, always a promise to call or msg me back  but till this day nothing. I don't respect this kinda lack of basic management of a situation in there being ZERO comms.

There are no lines to read between, I am not welcome, nor wanted by 'radbmx' as a collective. The exact and/or possible varying true reasons why I don't know.

Is there a thread about this anywhere? lol. NOTE, I aint feeling bad about this , people are people and as they say 'nowt queer as folk'

So any one wondering why I don't 'get involved' or 'give something back' you have our answer. The powers that be will not allow it.

Best I don't say that there would have been a lot of happy customers at MK.

snav69

« Reply #73 on: July 06, 2009, 12:42 PM »
Never had a problem with ya'  :) , dealt with you more times than i can remember and always been quick on postage  :daumenhoch:

:coolsmiley:

www.vert-ego.com

« Reply #74 on: July 06, 2009, 01:29 PM »
thanks chap, and of course to anyone and every past, present and future customer, even you guys who diss me here ( and indeed there lol ) but may be nice to my face and still buy from me.

We know human nature is what it is ( go figure ),  I run 2 other business's so I am stretched at times so I am sincerely thankfull for your patience and understanding if your order takes a couple dayslonger to get out to you ( THIS IS NOT THAT COMMON AN OCCURENCE ) ....as always please try to plan in advance!

I lost count of how many people called me at 455pm  ( ok I know, say = or - 15 mins ) wanting something the next day and I bust my balls to 'make it happen' for them

As I have said before, I'd encourage peeps to email ( and remember people, email is not gauranteed ) or call and resolve ya probs or just to tell me what you think...

I was at the OS-BMX re union last month in Ca, maybe some of u seen the pics? Well I kinda feared for my life and was somewhat apprehensive about going but seems that was misplaced, the event was AWESUM!!!, the people were awesum and we all had a great time.....key boards warriors were nowhere to be seen or heard on the day...

I'd recommend the trip next year to any one who's heart and soul is in bmx its worth the cost in my opinion, you'll be blown away if next years do is even just half as good as this years was! Which I am sure it will not!!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  vert ego - FOOKIN LOLAGE

gfxgfx
gfx gfx