gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975573 Posts in 138925 Topics by 6347 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 22, 2024, 05:40 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  poole panthers track (could it be re-opened)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: poole panthers track (could it be re-opened)  (Read 5805 times)

Offline kdw712

• 900 Air
    • kdw712 bmx adventures in old school
  • Rated:
Re: poole panthers track (could it be re-opened)
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2008, 08:27 AM »

found these pics of our Geoff
not sure if the last one is actually not alan woods' new group   :D  ;D

cheers Kev
{ wanted : "Red Haro Handle" brake lever link to my trade post }

zed4130

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2008, 08:30 AM »
yep he's a super nice guy, bet my phone bill will be high this month   :LolLolLolLol:  we did chat for a while, ive chatted to geoff before, get him on OS and he's off, then so do we   :LolLolLolLol:

perry

« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2008, 09:41 AM »
shame

the site my old trails were on was "protected" for over ten years , the burnt down holiday park was abandoned so we thought our trails were safe for a long time

it was primo land as the whole place had views of the sea and a beach was next to it

planning for new houses eventually went through , i guess money talks  >:(

perservere , the uk is pushing cycling at the moment  :daumenhoch:

were the snakes/lizards there before the track , bet they were

zed4130

« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2008, 10:56 AM »
they have always been there perry, geoff said they use to crawl over the track inbetween race's  ;)

moochalargo

« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2010, 09:38 PM »
They did I remember playing with them in between races bitd. Wish the track could be restored and also Tom Graeme's voice commentating on the racing again! Aaah good tomes

gossa

« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2010, 09:52 PM »
Geoff is indeed a great bloke, on my 16th birthday at the 1985 European Championships in Barcelona, he and Dave Wallace (Kuwahara Team Manager) pulled my trousers and pants down, poured a bottle of wine over my nether regions and rolled me around in sand.

Geoff also used to race cruisers big time, on Tim March's old Bassett cruiser which he sold only a few years ago for a pittance!

moochalargo

« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2010, 10:08 PM »
Saw Matt farrow (hotwheels) today and had a chat about the old days! He saw Tim recently and he is well. Good to hear the old names again

gossa

« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2010, 10:18 PM »
Saw Matt farrow (hotwheels) today and had a chat about the old days! He saw Tim recently and he is well. Good to hear the old names again

i think Matt is chavving a lift with me to MK, Tim won't come, he came in my shop a couple of days ago and said it just isn't his bag.......

moochalargo

« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2010, 10:22 PM »
Oh cool you guys going! What day you going up? Was thinking of making the trip up!

gossa

« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2010, 10:32 PM »
Oh cool you guys going! What day you going up? Was thinking of making the trip up!

Was going to rock up early Sunday morning but looking at the schwag being brought up I don't want to miss out!

moochalargo

« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2010, 10:41 PM »
Yeah feeling that! Thinking about a sat am trip see if I can ruin my bank balance. Still some buts I need for my Curtis. Matt is trying some wheels foe me now that's how I saw him today. Man it's over 20 years since I last saw him at chestnut woods but nothing changes really lol

Flemdog

« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2010, 10:03 PM »
Perry, that's gotta be the raddest avatar ever!!!!!!!!!!  8) ;D

With regards to getting your track up and running again it's already past the hardest stage of planning permission (already there!)...

So get a club formed, bombard your council with facts, details about BMX racing (they don't really know the difference between the BMX disciplines so educate them) and promo the sport and it's benefits (rip stuff from my site to use), get the local media involved..., work with the councils grant person to aim money at your new club (councils rarely have a pot of gold these days but can get access to all kinds of cash if it's club related and directed)...

Be patient, it can take over a year to really see things happen...

PS, Hot MILF works have better results with fat councillors...  :daumenhoch:

zed4130

« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2010, 12:06 PM »
A little update guys, the track will not be re opened ,but im working with the local council on the indoor sk8park project and im pushing for a race track as well, they seem to like the idea as its now a olympic event, so fingers crossed as poole might get a track back  :daumenhoch:

paul

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  poole panthers track (could it be re-opened)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx