gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975562 Posts in 138924 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 14, 2024, 04:38 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  Preston 11th October - Riders List - Rnd 1 North Region WS09
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Preston 11th October - Riders List - Rnd 1 North Region WS09  (Read 32455 times)

moley

Re: Preston 11th October - Riders List - Rnd 1 North Region WS09
« Reply #425 on: October 19, 2009, 02:28 PM »
On another note, why was the track closed in the break midday?

Ive not seen that before, at the Bob Fields grands in crewe they kept it open so people could practice if they needed to.

Is this common practice with all tracks to close the track when its not being raced on?

Yep!!  Common practice!!

Its an event with Marshalls and Ambulance crew etc, etc.   Everyone needs a break and time for something to eat/drink and to use the bog!!

Probably down to insurance too!!

Bob Field's was more laid back!!

moley

« Reply #426 on: October 19, 2009, 02:29 PM »
And you have seen it before!!  T'was the same at Hartlepool.   Maybe your fall caused some short term memory loss!!!  :buck2:

Offline Haro82

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #427 on: October 19, 2009, 02:32 PM »
No worries nhoj, I was just trying to explain it 'by the book', so I was aware of coming across a bit 'official' as well. BMX racing at regional level is a bit spit and sawdust and like I say, sometimes mistakes are made.
   I should really have refererred you to Rule 124, Clause 15, Sub-section II of the North Region rulebook;

' If a rider/riders do not agree with the line judge as to their position in the race, they will be referred onto the Riders Representative (in this case Bof), who will inform them to get a fricking grip and do one. The dispute must then be settled between the riders by means of a slanging match ;where the first rider to comment on the other rider's wife's dignity will be deemed the winner. If a clear winner cannot be identified at this stage, then a fist-fight will be arranged in the car park. The rider who then makes out like a gypo on PCP will be awarded the position.'

So now you know......

Jamie in action  ;)

/>

« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 02:45 PM by Haro82 »

JD_76

« Reply #428 on: October 19, 2009, 02:33 PM »
On another note, why was the track closed in the break midday?

Ive not seen that before, at the Bob Fields grands in crewe they kept it open so people could practice if they needed to.

Is this common practice with all tracks to close the track when its not being raced on?

Yep!!  Common practice!!

Its an event with Marshalls and Ambulance crew etc, etc.   Everyone needs a break and time for something to eat/drink and to use the bog!!

Probably down to insurance too!!

Bob Field's was more laid back!!

I see - said the blind man to his deaf dog. Wasnt sure of the reason but now I know. Tis all new to me - will make sure I get to a track extra early to sus it out more.

I just thought the Hartlepool reason was to sweep the loose mud off the berms  ;)

Cheers moles  :daumenhoch:

moley

« Reply #429 on: October 19, 2009, 02:41 PM »
I just thought the Hartlepool reason was to sweep the loose mud off the berms  ;)

and that too!!  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  Preston 11th October - Riders List - Rnd 1 North Region WS09

gfxgfx
gfx gfx