gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975540 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6347 Members - Latest Member: Paulo2 May 04, 2024, 01:34 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Recent Posts
gfx
gfxgfx

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
OK so I got it done quite a few days ago. However, I have pulled a muscle bad in my left arm so I have been sulking. This is it, almost there. I cleaned off all of the greasy prints on it after so it looks a bit bad. The frame pad is not wide enough for the TT, so it has come back off. I may try and extend the velcro with some brown, we will see.

The first time I got some actual sunlight on it the fireball effect worked. Amazing.

It is now ready to ride. Sadly on the day I was going to do that I had some errands to run in town, and when I got back to change the clouds came over and it then proceeded to piss down for two days since. Also during that time I pulled a muscle in my left arm and can not even lift it above my tits now.
New School Racing / Re: 2024 Race Blog - Year 8 - It's Never Too Late!!
« Last post by Mikku on May 01, 2024, 01:14 PM »
Monday was a national holiday here and also the opening race of the JBA race series at Joetsu in Niigata. A low turnout of riders but nice weather, so it was a relaxing way to return to a track that I haven't visited for 9 months. There were only 3 riders in the over 30s class, one of whom is a regular rival that I've had some good dices with over the past couple of years. That proved to be the case again, with him taking the first moto and me the next two. That gave me the first gate pick in the main. I'm quicker out of the gate but he often gets me back by the first berm. If I can beat him into the berm then I have a chance of holding him off, which is exactly what happened in motos 2 and 3. I therefore picked gate 3 and he went for 6. That proved to be a smart move on his part as he was able to avoid my blocking tactics, staying high around the berm and coming out in front. I didn't have the legs to challenge him thereafter, so finished second. Not a bad result, but it would have been nice to have got the top spot. With the benefit of hindsight, I should have concentrated more on my line into and through the first berm rather than thinking about his position, as doing that compromised my exit speed and with it my chances of fighting for the lead. Lesson learned and one to remember if I find myself in a similar position again. :daumenhoch:

There was a gate session after lunch, so I fuelled up and stayed on for that. I normally do a dozen or so gates before calling it a day but this time took the opportunity to try out all the various things that I've been wondering about - different pedal position, leg position, arm position, upper body position, head position, etc, etc. I therefore kept going for the whole session, losing count of the number of starts I tried but definitely 20 plus! Worth the effort though, as I felt that I was making some progress by the end. Hopefully I can put some of that into practice next time out.

My next race should be on 26th May, either at Joetsu or Oizumi, as they've both scheduled races on the same day. I'll therefore have to see what the weather's looking like nearer the time before deciding which one to attend.
BMX Chat / Re: An Error Has Occurred! Path cannot be empty
« Last post by SDF on April 28, 2024, 09:14 AM »
There would be loads more posts on here if you could still load the pics dir from your I pad etcetera. Me for one lost my pics when photo bucket did the dirty. My lesson learned there, so I won't use any other sites such as imigur. Can this system be fixed , so you can load directly again.

Steve👍
OK so things arrived. Paul Melvin.

And then my leather frame pad.

And my new wheel.

Ooo a goody box what's in there?

Skewer, tools, carbon rim pads (DT Swiss) and a keyring. Noice  :LolLolLolLol:

And spare spokes obs. And then the main event.  "wantit"

I have ordered a wheel bag. I didn't know Alex made them in my colours  :LolLolLolLol:

Right. This is a superb little trick I worked out over the past few weeks when I had down time to think.

Now obviously you need to be an Iphone user for this, but a cheap Iphone is well worth getting just to use this.

Step one? buy one of these for about 25 quid on Amazon. Ignore the plastic ones, get the CNC one.

Then you buy an Air Tag for 35 notes or so. Now beware, they have a speaker in and will beep when you are tracking them. They never used to do that, but stalkers were sticking them to cars etc and the drivers had no idea. However, if you go on Youtube you can find out how to very easily remove said speaker. And then you have a silent ninja device you can track if some clunt touches your bike.

As I type this I just paid 21 pounds for that top cap.
I was so stoked with that I then celebrated by buying this  :LolLolLolLol:

Next post we will be talking about a cheap tracker.

I need to cut and polish it. However, last time I sanded on clear I had to wash the tyre 5 times. Being tubular it is a dildo to change, and will cost me a tenner in tub tape. The tyre only has about 10-15 miles on and will be replaced with a 28mm tyre. Problem is they are 120 nicker and I want to at least F it up somewhat before I change it. For now? I would say it is a 100 percent improvement over the before.

Totally different colours under LED lighting.

Decided not to use shit vinyl on the wheels. I stuck to HED colours, IE white. I had a huge length of genuine 3M left and it's the best.

I have now cut and weeded the huge edge ones. Just the HED 3 ones left to do. Will give it another day or two to harden before I fit them, though.
Took the masking off last night. I know how hard 2k goes.

And the graphics I am working on.

For which I ordered this.

BMX Plus - August 1987 .pdf - Now available for download at https://Oldschoolmags.com
With thanks once again to Sebastien R.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
gfxgfx
gfx gfx