gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975538 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 29, 2024, 04:31 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  How much did you pay.........
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: How much did you pay.........  (Read 2136 times)

Offline Why isnt this working

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
How much did you pay.........
« on: January 12, 2010, 09:40 AM »
What with all the f*cking crazy prices we all have to pay now-a-days for anything within the old school world I thought it would be good to all reminisce on how things used to be and share what we paid for some beatifull bits and bobs over the years.
I've only been collecting for about 7 years but I know some of you heavy weights have been around the scene for many many more so I cant wait to hear of all the ridiculous bargains that were had when you all started yourselfs. :D

So i'll start off.

I Bought my '84 white skyway TA F/F, tuffneck stem, EZ bars 2, sugino opc, front and rear MX 1000's with tech 3's all broken down and in bin liners for the monumentos sum of £100.00. Everything was survivor and needed resto but still good all the same!!!! A few years later after reading a thread on here it came to light i bought it off mike@dialledbikes!!! small world.

Si  :)

HEYWOOD BMX

Re: How much did you pay.........
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 10:12 AM »
 ;) Not so much into collecting OS stuff myself,but bought a few pairs of NOS CW Pro bars and a pair of NOS Action Zone bars for £4 a pair in 2002.

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 10:18 AM »
;) Not so much into collecting OS stuff myself,but bought a few pairs of NOS CW Pro bars and a pair of NOS Action Zone bars for £4 a pair in 2002.

Bargain, Pack of fags cost more!!!!!!

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 11:24 AM »

Have a look at the "BMX Find's" thread, it's a good read! 
I've bumped it back up for you. :daumenhoch:

dannywhiteley

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2010, 01:12 PM »
I bought a Skyway TA frame and forks in the 90's off a mate for a fiver.  I built it using spare bits I picked up off friends and then sold it to another mate for £40.

:(

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2010, 01:53 PM »
nos tuf neck stem for free from a shop who thought i was mad to be asking for old school stuff in 2000

nos quad for 150

nos tuffs alloy hubed 100

nos mx1000s all day long for 25 quid

many bargains tbo , but it is all relative

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2010, 02:42 PM »
I bought a Skyway TA frame and forks in the 90's off a mate for a fiver.  I built it using spare bits I picked up off friends and then sold it to another mate for £40.

Hahahah, A fiver, that is ridiculous  :LolLolLolLol:

nos tuf neck stem for free from a shop who thought i was mad to be asking for old school stuff in 2000

nos quad for 150

nos tuffs alloy hubed 100

nos mx1000s all day long for 25 quid

many bargains tbo , but it is all relative

Unbeliveable   :shocked:

dannywhiteley

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2010, 02:52 PM »

Yeah, but the worst bit is its still out there somewhere rotting away.  Ive asked my mum who knew the lads mum (we lost touch a long time ago) to ask if its knocking about in a shed or bottom of a garden somewhere but nothing has ever come of it.

It was chrome and I remember trying to paint it white with a rattle can.  Had no idea what I was doing and made a right mess of it. 

My brother also picked up a really nice survivor DB Silver Streak with black alloy hubbed tuffs for £40 in the late 90's.

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2010, 03:07 PM »
Got a Hutch Pro Star in 1998 for half a cheese triangle & a chew on a twig  ;)

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2010, 03:22 PM »

Yeah, but the worst bit is its still out there somewhere rotting away.  Ive asked my mum who knew the lads mum (we lost touch a long time ago) to ask if its knocking about in a shed or bottom of a garden somewhere but nothing has ever come of it.

It was chrome and I remember trying to paint it white with a rattle can.  Had no idea what I was doing and made a right mess of it. 

My brother also picked up a really nice survivor DB Silver Streak with black alloy hubbed tuffs for £40 in the late 90's.

Mate, I remember my brother rattle canning his Haro Master that he had originally saved for what must of been a year. It had been siting in our mum and dads garage for about ten years doing nothing when in the mid 90's him and all his mates decided to dust there old hacks off and get over the woods to get some air out of the "bomb craters". For a laugh he sprayed random squiggles all over it in yellow, including the tuffs, tyres, seat just about everywhere. It then sat in the garage again for a couple of years untill me dad skipped it!!!!!!!! What a f*cking nob.

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2010, 07:59 PM »
3 pairs of NOS Shimano DX pedals @ £14.95 a pair.  1994.

Offline HARORIDER

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2010, 08:10 PM »
bought a nos haro sport in the box from biagio for £225 in 2003/2004 :shocked:

SaMAlex

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2010, 08:11 PM »
Ive had loads and loads of stuff for next to nothing that would sell for quite a bit now. Here is one example.

I used to buy Oakley Owing grips for 99p (trade price to the shop I worked in). Id buy them about 5 pairs at a time cos they didnt last long but I liked them cos they were so thin. I had pink, green, blue, all sorts, and I knew that Id change them soon enough. The supplier told me they had hundreds of pairs and not to worry. After not too long they said they had run out.  :'(

Offline DIRTBIKER250F

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Home sweet home
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2010, 08:15 PM »
Chrome original Hutch power disc £25 today about 6.30 pm

Offline poolysheriff

• Team Moderator
  • Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2010, 08:21 PM »
Loopy ripper ,un-stamped mint landing gear forks ,nice alloy hubbed tuff 2s ,se seat post ,tuff neck stem ,series one plate £50

I saw a kid riding it and offered him £20  :LolLolLolLol:
Ok £50 then ,SOLD he was chuffed to get rid of it

It was what started me off though  :-\

Offline Del

• Look Back
  • Re-living my youth!
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2010, 08:33 PM »
mint Diamond Back Viper - £10 in the early 90's.. rode it to death, then sold it for £25 to my mate DOH!

And one that I kick myself about for being tight!.... saw a white Haro Master with white tuffs in a second hand shops in Leeds in the early 90's, they wanted £50 for it, I said I'd give him £20 as I wasnt paying £50 for a bike that old... he told me to get lost!  :idiot2:

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2010, 09:16 PM »
Its just unbelievable hearin some of those stories and then to think about how expensive the scene has become now. I suppose its like Waxintaxin said, its all relative. £14.95 for an n.o.s pair of DX's though, f*ck me if only i had a Delorean and a time machine :LolLolLolLol:

baldbmxer

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2010, 09:27 PM »
Hutch Aerospeeds £10

NOS Black Skyway Pro Pads $5

NOS Skyway TA F&F £50 - TWICE!!!!!

GT 26'' Cruiser F&F £15

and a shed load of stuff given, both used and NOS - does it count when its free?

mark 2

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2010, 09:32 PM »
DC MX 1000's at CycleSport were £6.50 each 6 years back.

There's heaps of parts that seemed expensive at the same time, blue DC Tech 3's from Biagio for £4.99. Kashi's and Elina LB's for £20.  NOS camo SE pads £20 at Skatepool. Haro Series One's for £20. Oakley .5 for £7. DC hinged clamps in blue white or chrome were £6. NOS Hutch bars seemed extortionate at £60. NOS '85 Sport for £80 posted with a Kashi thrown in.

And you could take a bird to the cinema with half a crown and still have enough for haddock and chips on the way home.

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2010, 09:38 PM »
Hutch Aerospeeds £10

NOS Black Skyway Pro Pads $5

NOS Skyway TA F&F £50 - TWICE!!!!!

GT 26'' Cruiser F&F £15

and a shed load of stuff given, both used and NOS - does it count when its free?

Please tell me thats a joke baldbmxer......Hutch areospeeds for £10 im shocked, and TA's for £50 wtf. totally shocked. And mark j. I think you got your decimal point in the wrong possition, surely you mean blue tech 3's from biagio for £499.00  :LolLolLolLol:

baldbmxer

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2010, 09:54 PM »
All true  ;)

Offline DIRTBIKER250F

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Home sweet home
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2010, 11:52 PM »
All true  ;)

Legendary, they were in a tool box wern't they  :shocked:

baldbmxer

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2010, 12:02 AM »
Yeah, Dingo witnessed it  :2funny:

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2010, 08:24 AM »

And you could take a bird to the cinema with half a crown and still have enough for a knee trembler on the way home.

Fond memories  :D

daz bmx it!

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2010, 10:38 AM »

And you could take a bird to the cinema with half a crown and still have enough for a knee trembler on the way home.

Fondle memories  :D ;)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  How much did you pay.........

gfxgfx
gfx gfx