gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975537 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 29, 2024, 06:10 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  STRANGE HOBBY SOMETIMES
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: STRANGE HOBBY SOMETIMES  (Read 4332 times)

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
Re: STRANGE HOBBY SOMETIMES
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2010, 04:23 PM »
plus he was given a false tracking number was nt he , what do you expect him to do

Offline diesel

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2010, 04:31 PM »
Just checked the tracking number - Nothing

Hope you get your hubs  :daumenhoch:

Offline DIRTBIKER250F

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Home sweet home
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2010, 04:35 PM »
Just checked the tracking number - Nothing

Hope you get your hubs  :daumenhoch:

Thanks for the backing on OS mate, much appreciated  :4_17_5:

Offline pkradman

• Rated:
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2010, 04:58 PM »
bret kimble is the guys name ,been around for yonks and its fair to say hes not short of a bob or two either , the yanks are very laid back ..too laid back  ,, hes proberly only just sent em out , going by me experience with him hes  brought a few items from me over the years without any probs ... i reckon the hubs will come thru but its not good if hes gone all quiet on ya

Rodgy1970

« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2010, 05:29 PM »
Just read the thread on OS, very well handled your part I reckon considering you were pretty much up against the whole lot of them.   :daumenhoch:

You're allowed to say proper bad wods on there too  :shocked:

Offline DIRTBIKER250F

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Home sweet home
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2010, 05:30 PM »
Lee, the guy may be ok with you, but he aint sent my hubs i paid for a month ago, no tracking number and no replies to my e-mails or threads, anyway i think i may have just got banned from OS Bmx in my first day  :LolLolLolLol:

I dont give a fook if he owns the federal bank, and if he is personnal friends with Nelson Mandela, moneys money, and i could have bought 4 pair in the time its taken for this to come out. Maybe you should go and live with him if he is so minted and great  :2funny: Jokin aside, there is Laid back and their is fook him ive got his money !!!!

Also the mods on there, jesus they dont like it up them do they  ::)

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2010, 05:46 PM »

and i could have bought 4 pair in the time its taken for this to come out.

there hard to get hold of though , so shall we say maybe another pair :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
    • Delirium alt/rock/metal covers
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2010, 06:07 PM »
I notice the mods and admin were happy for him to call you an F'ing thief but when you suggested his dad smack his arse, then they closed ranks very sharpish. He seems like a playground bully in his demeanour.

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
    • http://www.sumoservices.com/
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2010, 06:45 PM »
Cannot find this post  on O/S  :-\
I might actually build a bike this year instead of just hoarding parts :)

martylaa

« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2010, 06:52 PM »
paul what about the ones on ebay usa now mate???

Offline DIRTBIKER250F

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Home sweet home
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2010, 07:07 PM »
Marty i have spoke to the Guy, he will only take $40 off for loosing the rims and spokes, i may want some hubs but i refuse to bendd over and be spvnked on for em  :daumenhoch:

After speaking to 3Gear, i do believe he has posted the hubs, i just hink he posted them later than he admitted and also cheapest mail available, i also heared he is a trusted guy of someone i trust, so its a case of wait it out  :daumenhoch:

Offline HUTCHMAN

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2010, 07:21 PM »
"i am the owl" comes across as a bit of a sh#t stirrer?

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2010, 07:37 PM »

Fookin hell Paul that's a thread and a half over on OS  :shocked: :LolLolLolLol:

So did you didn't get banned then ?  :)

mongoositis - an expensive disease......

Offline DIRTBIKER250F

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Home sweet home
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2010, 07:50 PM »
No ban and 3 PM's off long standing members apologising for the way other members behaved, on guy told me 3GEAR has history off doing this, and their is history off all the long serving members uniting around him because he has some great old school part outs, water off a ducks back to me BoBa as he didnt do what we agreed and i still dont have any hubs, he did refund me though so it was worth it in the end.

Hutchman, yeah they took something i said right out of context and tried to bash me with it, Owl is a arse on the Museum and aint really liked so its no big deal. I knew i was going to be a lamb in the slaughter house but hey ho it beats reading NWO threads eh mods  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2010, 07:54 PM »

he did refund me though so it was worth it in the end.

:daumenhoch:

mongoositis - an expensive disease......

Offline Moose

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2010, 07:57 PM »
Glad you got your money back - I remember there being problems with him although I don't go on OS-BMX any more and it was a long time ago.

Offline diesel

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2010, 08:00 PM »
OK:

So I'm lost were we're up to:

Have you got a refund from Paypal Paul?

If so can we leave it now over on OS and see if they turn up. I've been there for a long time so I don't fancy a ban for stepping up for you.

Your comment about his dad didn't do you any favors (nor me) So what ever you say over there now isn't going to do any good - I'm afraid you burnt your bridges with that comment - understandably 'heat of the moment and all'.

If you would like me to mediate - just holla (that's not supposed to be as condescending as it perhaps reads)

But do let us all now if they turn up - Its doesn't make everything right, but its a start.

Offline DIRTBIKER250F

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Home sweet home
  • Rated:
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2010, 08:09 PM »
If so can we leave it now over on OS and see if they turn up. I've been there for a long time so I don't fancy a ban for stepping up for you.
Your comment about his dad didn't do you any favors (nor me) So what ever you say over there now isn't going to do any good - I'm afraid you burnt your bridges with that comment - understandably 'heat of the moment and all'.
But do let us all now if they turn up - Its doesn't make everything right, but its a start.

Right maybe you can answer this, or anyone else ?? his dad had been ill with heart problems, i said i hope your dad fully recovers and smacks your arse for this bad sell !!!! will someone please tell me where i insulted his dad in that sentence, or where i wish ill on his dad ??? i cant see it.

Yeah he refunded me, but i had sent him maybe 4 e-mails and maybe 2 in paypal saying i would end it if he showed me proof of sending and or a tracking number. He didnt even reply ?? OS has made me realise just how fair some of our mods and owners are and just how free this site is (with-in reason) the guy didnt give a fook about acting fairly and you know he did realise in the end he was guilty of being a arse in this sale. Diesel as much as i respect you for standing up in their, the owner made up his mind to back Brett and used the father thing to add weight to his shite comments, but out of respect to you i wont post in that thread anymore, unless someone again accusses me of being a thief or any other shite remark to defend Brett's bullshit  :daumenhoch:

I still want to know what is insulting about that remark ?? i just cant see it, and it wasnt meant to be an insult
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 08:11 PM by DB250F »

trickydeno

« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2010, 08:26 PM »
mate....i know how you feel! some geezer in the states done me a similar way through paypal for $720 for some hutch bits.in the end i googled his name looked at some websites and through facebook at names matching his and found only one in detriot.i took a gamble and posted emails to all 177 of his friends telling them about my ordeal.it payed off as i got an email from his brother asking for proof of my claim.within 2 days of emailing the proof i got a full refund.so if you know his full name mate,its worth a pop.good luck matey.  :daumenhoch:

by the way the tosser who tried to rip me off was a JAMES KWIATKOWSKI from detroit michigan.

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2010, 08:27 PM »
cant see what you said wrong about his dad  ???.
the fella sounds a proper knob.
to be honest i cant be bothered to kiss  there big fat arses over there just to buy a bike part.
seems to much hassle.

if i were you mate i'd just go tell em all on os to fook them selves if thats the way it went off.
why would you wanna go on there after  ???.
dave the bmxing gypo

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2010, 08:27 PM »
Hi mate

Possible he could have sent out Registered Land Mail (by BOAT not AIR), I do this when I have things sent from Overseas as it can be half price. But on the negative side, sometimes it can be 3 weeks, then the next time its 8 weeks.  ???

Why the time difference? Don't know! :(

Hope you sort it out and get them. :)

p.s. I've just bought something off someone who I don't know overseas and asked them to Invoice me "Goods Payment". I know it was a bit more, but hope I've done the right thing doing it this way. If it goes pear shaped hopefully get my money back through PayPal. :police:

Offline diesel

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2010, 08:29 PM »
Paul you've had a long haul to recover you money - That's not right - It shouldn't have happened this way. But like you said you been in the hobby 6 years it shouldn't really come as a surprise that one day you could strike a bad deal - The pages on all 4 sites are littered with deals that have got ugly - Not one ever got resolved throwing insults.

However Its Christmas - His dads not well - He probably still isn't well. And certainly not well enough to get up and 'smack his arse for this bad sell'.

I'm not trying to excuse the lack of Brett's communication - but just think that now you have your money back and possibly a set of Hutch hubs coming your way (time will tell) That you have honorably offered to pay for on arrival.

Also you've brought the bad deal to everyones attention - You did in your 1st post - It was written well and read honestly

You were doing everything right, you were in the driving seat - Until you wrote the above. (family comes 1st)

Offline DIRTBIKER250F

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Home sweet home
  • Rated:
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2010, 08:35 PM »
Ok Diesel what is it about that sentence that is wrong, if you can give me a staight answer to this then i will send Brett an apology. Its ok keep on saying it was an insult, but i dont see it so i do need it explaining to me. I honestly have no idea why it would come out as an insult. I even put in the thread at times like that i agree with Brett, os parts come a second best to family, and it was just ignored  :idiot2:

Can you tell me ?

Dave i dont go on their mate, i went on cos i had a tip off that Brett was a well known name on their, i am still suprised at the anger aimed at me for being a brit, and having the gawl to bring this up on their....Still i wont be going on much from now on, although the Private PM's did do a bit to give me an input into the scenario over their, Rad is good, museum has its uses think ill stick to them, served me well enough up to now  :LolLolLolLol:

trickydeno

« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2010, 08:38 PM »
hi paul,didn't read all the comments before i replied a few minutes ago.so glad you got your wonga back mate  :daumenhoch:

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2010, 08:39 PM »
stick to rad.
if you have this prob over here. a drop of fuel and a trip out sorts everything  ;)
dave the bmxing gypo

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  STRANGE HOBBY SOMETIMES

gfxgfx
gfx gfx