gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975539 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6347 Members - Latest Member: Paulo2 May 01, 2024, 09:31 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  I HAVE THE STUCK IN SEAT POST FROM HELL. HELPPPPPPPPPPP.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: I HAVE THE STUCK IN SEAT POST FROM HELL. HELPPPPPPPPPPP.  (Read 7835 times)

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: I HAVE THE STUCK IN SEAT POST FROM HELL. HELPPPPPPPPPPP.
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2010, 12:47 AM »
its an old trm freestyler which if im not wrong was reynolds 531 tubing and a cr mo seat post
dave the bmxing gypo

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2010, 03:06 AM »
its an old trm freestyler which if im not wrong was reynolds 531 tubing and a cr mo seat post

I'd be filling the seat tube with diesel for a few days, drain then hit the top of the seatpost with a hammer to break the "weld" and then try the stem trick  :daumenhoch:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

bigsman

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2010, 04:59 PM »
They can be total bastads - my last one took over a week...tried freeze and unlock spray...tried vice, tried bolt through seat post...tried heat.  None of them worked.  Padsaw and cutting down the length of the tube and twisting it in on itself was what eventually got the effer out but even that wasn't plain sailing cos its murder trying to get an even cut and working out how far through you are.  I ended up trying to twist it in on itself too early and it didn't work right so I was in with a 14mm titanium drill bit to clear the sh*t out of the way to let the saw blade back in again....several times!

I know it'll be doing your nut in but sawing will work...eventually!!  :LolLolLolLol:

Good luck...perseverance my man!

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2010, 09:53 PM »
I ended up trying to twist it in on itself too early and it didn't work right /quote]

thats what i done at the start  :crazy2:.
thought ah fook it it must be sawed through enough now for me to knock a screwdriver down the side.
bad mistake it was'nt lol.

gonna leave it soak in the ole derv and try again.
dave the bmxing gypo

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  I HAVE THE STUCK IN SEAT POST FROM HELL. HELPPPPPPPPPPP.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx