gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975524 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 19, 2024, 09:10 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  I'm Guessing this is Pretty Rare ? PROJECT DONE !
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: I'm Guessing this is Pretty Rare ? PROJECT DONE !  (Read 5365 times)

Offline Muffski

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
Re: I'm Guessing this is Pretty Rare ? PROJECT UPDATE
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2010, 11:08 AM »
Very nice indeed :coolsmiley:

Offline Faze7-Ade

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re: I'm Guessing this is Pretty Rare ? PROJECT UPDATE
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2010, 11:19 AM »
Very nice 8) Any chance of some closer shots?
So who did you get to do the chrome. Some people have had mixed fortunes :(

Look forward to seeing this come together :daumenhoch:

Thanks - Will post up some closer shots when I have finished building.

Don't get me started on the chroming. I used RCJ Metal Finishers in Hoddesdon, who quoted me 3-4 weeks, but I gave it to them on 11th Feb, and got it back last Friday ! I phoned every week to be told "hope to get it done next week", "we're really busy with commercial work at the moment", I was even told it was ready before Easter and started to go over to collect it and phoned on the way to say I was stuck in traffic - to be told "it's not finished, try next week". As you can imagine, I wasn't pleased at getting the brush off.

The job they did, isn't bad but they polished it so much, the frame number can't be read, and the chevrons on the gusset aren't as sharp as they were originally. Something to keep in mind if you're getting some chroming done, let them know if you want any details on the frame kept, and ask them not to polish them out. I wish I'd have known before this job was done  :(

On the positive side, it was £100 + VAT, so not expensive compared to others. I guess you get what you pay for.

Offline Faze7-Ade

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re: I'm Guessing this is Pretty Rare ? PROJECT DONE !
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2010, 09:49 PM »
Well, here it is...........

It's built as a rider for MK10, and yep it does ride nice !

Hope you like it (I may make a couple of tweaks but not too much),

Frame & Fork - Haro Sport '84
Wheels - Alloy hub tuff 2
Bars - Haro
Brake levers - Shimano DX
Brakes - Dia Compe 901's
Crank - Tioga Max Flo tubular 1pc
Chain Ring - Tuf Neck
Seat post clamp - Dia Compe MX
Seat - Peregrine
Stem - Fusion
Grips - A'me Round

Offline stevochb

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2010, 09:54 PM »
Nice job that chrome has shined up lovely :daumenhoch:

monkian

« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2010, 10:10 PM »
Yep, all works for me 8)
Colours are nicely balanced. Good stuff man :daumenhoch:

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2010, 11:50 PM »
It is very Shiny :daumenhoch: Excellent Job with a great balance of colours  :4_17_5:

Offline JAY

• Site Supporter
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Re: I'm Guessing this is Pretty Rare ?
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2010, 07:14 PM »
Nice looking bike  :smitten:

You need to talk to Dom, if not done already, think he has one

It was Dom that go this all going - he asked me about a photo of my sport elsewhere on the forum, and I mentioned to him that we had a chrome '84 sport. So I did some digging to get the frame number for him, and this photo. He said it was rare (and that he's not seen one in the flesh), so I wanted to see if anyone else has one or knows of one. They were available in '85 in chrome, by the looks of it, but not officially in '84.

Interesting......Just wondering, did the frame have a 84 serial number ? should be under the BB.

Offline Faze7-Ade

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re: I'm Guessing this is Pretty Rare ?
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2010, 09:00 PM »
Nice looking bike  :smitten:

You need to talk to Dom, if not done already, think he has one

It was Dom that go this all going - he asked me about a photo of my sport elsewhere on the forum, and I mentioned to him that we had a chrome '84 sport. So I did some digging to get the frame number for him, and this photo. He said it was rare (and that he's not seen one in the flesh), so I wanted to see if anyone else has one or knows of one. They were available in '85 in chrome, by the looks of it, but not officially in '84.

Interesting......Just wondering, did the frame have a 84 serial number ? should be under the BB.

Yep - All 4 team frames have 84 frame numbers. I gave Dom one of the numbers and he confirmed it to be from September '84. He also checked out the various features of the frame to let me know it was an '84 Tai version from some photos I've posted up elsewhere on the forum.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  I'm Guessing this is Pretty Rare ? PROJECT DONE !

gfxgfx
gfx gfx