gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975535 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 25, 2024, 11:37 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Me & My Bikes  |  Marcel J'aimes
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Marcel J'aimes  (Read 1977 times)

mark 2

Marcel J'aimes
« on: February 24, 2010, 01:14 PM »
I'll write a little something about each of them if they've got a story or other shit dizzle worth writing. There's about another 10 to add when they're finished. I'm aiming to get studio photographs sorted over the summer, make it look at bit more professional. Enjoy!

Name:  Marcel Henri Pierre J'aimes  III

Occupation: Do a few things, DJ, doing a degree in music production and co-own a c0cktail bar, music venue and coffee shop.

Years Collecting: 6+

Interests: Ice lollies, sample hunting, knobbing about with music. Used to travel a fair bit. That stopped :(

Dislikes: Robbing bastards

Favourite BMX: ?? Torker 280X maybe. It changes. Pro Stars and Trick Stars get a look in. Don't think I've got just one tbh, I like different bikes for different reasons.

Favourite Old School BMX Brand: Hutch would be my lazy answer, I guess it must be. But not the perfect brand, a good few years and fell on its arse and made sweat shop plop. 

Hutch Pro Star BOTY 2007 and Hutch Trick Star BOTY 2009.  Hark at me  :-*

Hutch Trick Star, original purple regin survivor. Came 2nd in Freestyle at MK08

Hunk of junk. Do the maths, it's frightening what's in that pile.

Mongoose , 81. Original nickel finish. Not a big fan of the later mongoose but love this era and before.

84 GT performer, never quite nailed this for a skatepark bike. A replacement is hopefully not lost in the post.....

Munners tribute build on a gingernut plinth

This is a Hot Heart but the frame is now replaced with a KZ-1. Other than the loop looks the same. And got a yellow Elina LB and yellow OGK grips. 

Haro Master 84 gen3. It's boxed up in the loft if your coming on the rob, behind the christmas tree.

85 Master, like you need telling

Dominguez-ish gen one. Because I love Jay. He built the best looking gen one imo, so this one took that flavour.

Short JMC Standard. 84?

One of 85 made, about 5 recorded known to exist

Torker 280X from 1982. Got 1st place for best street bike at MK09. Original survivor, best I've ever had unbelievable condition.

Hutch Lil Holeshot, 81 or 82. Pre serial, pre stamped brake bridge. 2nd at MK08

Hutch XL24. Chrome was  ok on this. Powdered it. What a tit.

The arse end of an 83 GT Jnr Nora. And the front of the Lil' .

Quadangular. Got a chain on all the bikes missing them now, didn't bother until I got told off at MK07

Corner of a 82 Hutch Pro Racer I've never quite finished. Can never make my mind up on crank, that's why. CT doesn't cut it.

This has gone now but was with me for about 5 years in many guises. 82 Nora.

This is old, different colour now and some black bits added. Colour? I'll show it one day.

TA XL. Spent ages planning this build and it looks shit. More subtle now. More blue anno and spokes. Less logo's. Blue fluted and a kashi.

Sold ages ago.....I didn't put that ring on.

Judge built with spares, ages old. This is the one for sale actually.

GT Mini Mach One, rebult with the 83 nora frame now (see above somewhere..) and different wheels and bars. In fact it's just the seat and cranks the same .So it's not this bike at all!

85 straight stay ripper, long gone.

Street Thrashin' Skyway ad tribute

One of them bikes.  And one of them posters you can get from Howie Cohen.

My first OS purchase about 80 bikes ago

An oldie but a goodie. Tribute(?) maybe to a bike I loved as a kid, the deceased Marc Reardon's bike.

Years old TA. Frame was £165 from memory.

An oldy. Chris Daly had this eventually.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 08:19 PM by mark j. »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Me & My Bikes  |  Marcel J'aimes

gfxgfx
gfx gfx