gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975537 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 29, 2024, 06:02 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Me & My Bikes  |  dordymush
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: dordymush  (Read 1948 times)

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
dordymush
« on: February 24, 2010, 08:20 PM »
Name:  dave loverock aka dordy.

Years Collecting: oh god knows.when did the old blue site start 2004 ?

Interests: old school bmx  :daumenhoch: , weights , my vw bug , and my vintage bedford tk lorry

Dislikes: rowing over kids bikes  :D

Favourite BMX: skyway T/A

Favourite Old School BMX Brand:  patterson

right then here we go.
this is the first old school bike i bought when i first got back into the hobby.was painted white so stripped it back and it came out not to bad.
i laugh now when i look at the mix and match new and old school bits but i was happy with it back then lol.

next one was my orange streetbeat.started off a green nos frame set like the millions that were about back then.got missfits to match orange on the skyway brake pads i had for it for the paint.won a few trophies with this bike.

i then got streetbeat fever lol.built this green one to go with the orange one.both came joint first at the epic brum show.

then bought one of the raw nos frames that were about to make a full set up of beats in all the frame colours.but got bored and ended up get this far before letting em go.

then after these i got my first dream frame from being a kid.a skyway T/A. orb told me about this one that flying banana tommy had that had a dent in the top tube but was in my price range at the time.loved it even in its rough state.had missfits repaint it for me and repair the dent and came out mint.why i ever sold this one i'll never know.

i was gonna build a mini T/A to go with the white T/A but also got sold before being finished.

never had a bike for a while after these as i started to suffer with panic attacks.but then one day andy streetbeat was selling a T/A and i ended up with that so i started again. im sure this bike helped me get over the attacks as it took my mind off other things.superbikedan powdered this one for me.

then i fancied a change and went the SE racing way.bought this ripper off dan harris as an unfinished project and just happened to win bike of the year with it in 2006  :coolsmiley:.

then dropped on this bargin.83 quadangle with a load of good bits for..............................................£40  :D.

then had a go at a cw.again superbikedan worked his magic powder on this for me. the colour was spot on what i wanted.

then came a few builds that i never got on with and moved on.

gt nora cup

kuwahara lazerlite

db viper

jmc black shadow

meteorlite freestyler

another T/A.nice survivior this was.found in a loft in birmingham just how it had been put in there in 1986.won the epic show class with this.

started back riding after buying a bike off stupps.was heavy as hell but loved it all the same.got me back in the saddle after 20 years lol.

haro 540 air

then got a frame off stokebloke phil and oberon phil helped build it up with me.this thing was well light after the haro.

s&m challenger

now this one was a bit special.never built it up but really wished i'd have kept it.a very well know club dj from london ended up with it.

solid drop out proto type T/A.

now my old favourite which will never leave me. always loved pattersons from bitd.richie anderson was one of my fav riders back then and always thought the team colours and bikes were well cool.got this as a survivor frame set off me ole mucka scott winnet as a frame/forks and bars.was gonna get it replated but i cant bring myself to lose the battle scars and scratched stickers on it.so for now its staying as is.changed it about a few times but liking the black bits on it right now and the tuffs.

now the bikes i have on the go right now.
not long got this redline 500a of jt smooth.might try and get it factory spec.dont know yet.wheels were just put on for a laugh  :D.

gonna get this one powdered white i think. got the stickers ready for it of del.just sorting a few parts.forks changed now to landing gear type.

trm freestyler

and the pride and joy of all my builds...................................  ;D.dont know why i bought this but have to say i like it better than some of the dear frame sets i've had lol.

"MY PUCH MAGNUM"

and just gotta put this one in as its famous on rad  ;D.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 08:30 PM by dordymush »
dave the bmxing gypo

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: dordymush
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 09:44 AM »
changed a few bits on the ole redline.still dont know whether to restore this or leave it as is  :-\.ignore the walls.im part way through decorating my bmx corner  :D.

dave the bmxing gypo

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 07:28 PM »
well finished it.
keep it like this for a bit and i might start looking out for the bits to put it back to factory spec.

dave the bmxing gypo

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 06:25 PM »
finished my puch magnum.

and changed my patterson again lol.
still need to change the seat and grips to red.got grips need a seat......anyone ?.

dave the bmxing gypo

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Me & My Bikes  |  dordymush

gfxgfx
gfx gfx