gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975526 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 19, 2024, 05:00 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Me & My Bikes  |  Bigplinky
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Bigplinky  (Read 2167 times)

Offline Bigplinky

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Bigplinky
« on: March 07, 2010, 06:09 PM »
Name: Andy Lincoln

Years riding: 1982 - 1986 racing in North East region and north of Birmingham Nationally (packed in to go vert skating), 1991-1997 riding parks, trails and street (packed in because I fooked my back big style), 2004 - present OS racing and generally fooking around.

Years Collecting: since 2004 (big thanks to Jay175 and PKGary for getting me into this and making me skint ever since  :knuppel2:)

The Current Fleet:

Bikes I still Have from BITD

Maximum XL 1983: originally got this from Jos Conways (South Shields) in 1983 (no idea why because I was sponsored by Puch at the time but liked this much better). One of the best bikes I ever rode and will stay with me till I'm pushing up the flowers.

This bike at Bradford in 84

and another Maximum XL I picked up on here in 2006 ish. The frames are only 3 digits apart in serial number

Patterson PR200. Originally my sisters bike which I think she got in 84 when she stopped racing at the end of 85 I took it over. A very nice ride for an OS bike and I might use it for a bit of OS racing this year. Now awaiting a rebuild as not in this colour scheme anymore

This bike at Teeside Airport in 86ish

1984 Hutch Pro Racer. Had this since 1991 when I bought it off a mate who rode in the 80's. I raced one in 1984 and it was a brilliant bike

This bike at Great Ayton in 1992ish

Bikes I've collected and New School rides

1981 Patterson Standard (Ex Mrs Ratty). Always wanted a Patterson of this Style and this one is in Brilliant nick. 2nd MK08 Race bikes with 1PC. Getting rebuilt in a different colour as we speak.

1992 PK Ripper XL. The best mid school race frame available in my opinion

Late 90's Dirtwerx Leary Pro. My first New School bike, a bit heavy on the front end but a good solid ride

1992 S&M RV 24. Solid Cruiser used for track and shops

1995 Curtis Motocross. Nice bike in the Sk8park but arse end is too short for the track

« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 11:26 PM by Bigplinky »
Why oh why do I still buy kids bikes!

Offline Bigplinky

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Re: Bigplinky
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 07:58 PM »
Other Builds I've done and now broken and sold on.

Early 90's Supercross Cruiser, really nice ride but too different to my S&M and couldn't swap between them

Early 90's Supercross Pro, nice bike but the BB was too low for the 185mm cranks I normally run

1984 JMC Shadow, raced at Heywood in 2004 in this form (now with Hutchman)

Early 1980's Jag Cruiser, crazy little bike that felt more like a 20 than a 24 now back with it's original owner Darren Wood

Early 90's Hyper Pro, tried to kill me at MK06 so it had to go

1984 Haro Sport, didn't really want to sell but needs must

1984 GT Pro Performer, F&F swapped for my 81 Patterson

1982 Supergoose, built to race at Bournemouth 2005 but was too short to jump without looping

Also had but never finished

1991 Freeagent Limo
1984 Rickman Pro
1980 Team Pro Star
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 08:31 PM by Bigplinky »

Offline Bigplinky

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Re: Bigplinky
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 11:51 PM »
Bike History before 2004

May 1982 Raleigh Ultra Burner: bought with my pocket money because Mam and Dad thought I was too big for a BMX. Raced for Kelly's Hero's in Sunderland at Guisborough, Washington, Sheffield and Gainsborough.

Christmas 1982 Race Inc RA7: 2nd hand race bike bought from Jos Conways in South Sheilds (PKGary now has this frame)

January 1983 Another Race Inc RA7: replaced the frame on the Ultra Burner to give me a knock about bike and a race bike only lasted a couple of months before the head tube broke off.
April 1983 GT Pro Racer: replacement for the broken RA7, had landing Gear forks on it.
May 1983 Puch Track Invader Sponsered by Puch and got a fully loaded Track Invader

June 1983 Maximum XL: con'ed Dad into getting me this still don't know why he got it for me  ;D

January 1984 Torker 240X Cruiser: another sponser bike from Conways

January 1984 New Puch Track Invader nice frame but folded it in half after I hit a small wall

March 1984 Hutch Pro Racer: replacement for above Track Invader now just sponsered by Conways shop (much better deal as don't have to ride Puch  8))

January 1985 JMC Shadow: replacement for Hutch, big mistake too small (Frame and Forks now with Hutchman)

Late 1985 GHP Cruiser: My Torker was stolen and this was the replacement, decaled up as a Patterson in this shot  ;D (now with Bobby GHP)

Late 1985 Patterson PR200: Originally my sisters bike but got it when she stopped racing. Shot blasted the chrome and had it painted white, as was trendy in 1985/6. Still got it

August 1986 Robinson Pro: my last bike of the 80's only raced it once but it was very nice. Folded it riding mini ramps in the 90's

1991 Hutch Pro Racer, bought off my mate Brian Foster from BITD for £50 as I remembered my 1984 bike and wanted another one.

1992 Haro Sport (85 or 86 not sure which) Got this off Dave Young because the type of riding we were doing at the time was wrecking my old race frame I think he picked it up in Saudi Arabia after he snapped his Vincent out there on tour (Haro had toured there the year before I think). Rode this for about 2 years and it was great. Gave it to Jay Parker at the end of the 90's who then passed it on to Rabbi who possibly still has it.

1994 Haro Master (1993 vintage) got this because I wanted something cheap that ran a 990 rear brake. Used it till 1997 with no problems a nice ride. Sold the other year on RAD as was never gonna do anything with it.

Also had for very brief periods in the 80's a Firebird Freestyler (to snobby to ride it  :)) and a Leary Turbo bought for £20 from Peter Darke Cycles in 1986 but the geometry was to old fashioned to ride then.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 11:59 PM by Bigplinky »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Me & My Bikes  |  Bigplinky

gfxgfx
gfx gfx