gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975562 Posts in 138924 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 15, 2024, 12:31 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  MRD Re-issue!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: MRD Re-issue!  (Read 9607 times)

gossa

MRD Re-issue!
« on: March 18, 2010, 09:06 PM »
Hey peeps. 

Tim March has left Howies and is tinkering with a few ideas. One is making some bikes, he wants to get some fixie frames made, just stuff in small batches for fun. BUT!!! Today I mentioned Greg Hill doing his re-issues and mentioned to Tim he should do a small run (say 50?) MRD Pros. Now anyone that knows Tim knows he can be a bit weird about the old days but he was pretty interested in it. So I thought i'd through the idea out there, who thinks this would be of interest?

Offline bigfatolly

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Re: MRD Re-issue!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 09:23 PM »
should sell like hotcakes.
tell him to do some mrd pro bars as well,steve ANIMAL will be all over it!
and just what are "fixie" frames i don't get it?

Offline Munnyella

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 09:28 PM »
Ask him if he know Dave Park, I'd love a Cruiser!!?

MM
Hard + Stylish = Chicks + Beer!!!

gossa

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 09:30 PM »
Yeah, I suggested a kit, frame/fork/bars/seatpost. For those that don't know the original MRD pro geometry was 'influenced' by the JMC DY and the bars were pretty much fillet brazed Star Bars.

We had a good chat today, he told me so much funny stuff like Mark 'Whoppa' Watkins got his nickname because of the size of his sh1ts! His dad used to keep a big stick next to the bog to break them up!!!

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2010, 09:32 PM »
It would be good to see an up to date MRD Pro doing the rounds, not a retro or re issue but a top flight cromo race frame and fork  :Great_Britain:
"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

Offline bigfatolly

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2010, 09:34 PM »
does he have any of his old bikes still?
only ask as i live in poole and a few years back bought an old mrd that turned out to be an xl pro.
ANIMAL  has it now but wondered if it was one of his old frames.
i have an mrd pro if he needs to measure up lol

gossa

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2010, 09:36 PM »
It would be good to see an up to date MRD Pro doing the rounds, not a retro or re issue but a top flight cromo race frame and fork  :Great_Britain:

Well Tim and I were really struggling today to think who could build anything as obviously Rickman who built the MRD's are no more. We did however both come up with an option who shall remain nameless for now but local and a great frame builder.

New School MRD, you think that would work?

gossa

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2010, 09:38 PM »
does he have any of his old bikes still?
only ask as i live in poole and a few years back bought an old mrd that turned out to be an xl pro.
ANIMAL  has it now but wondered if it was one of his old frames.
i have an mrd pro if he needs to measure up lol

He still has one of the first ever prototypes made by Birmingham Wheels but not much else. He did say today though that his mum has loads of old stuff like letters, invoices etc. He seemed pretty excited!

Offline Del

• Look Back
  • Re-living my youth!
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2010, 09:52 PM »
I would love a re-issue MRD Pro!

Whist you're chatting to Tim ask him if he has any of the old Badlander decals  ::)

gossa

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2010, 10:12 PM »
I would love a re-issue MRD Pro!

Whist you're chatting to Tim ask him if he has any of the old Badlander decals  ::)

Will do Del.

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2010, 10:18 PM »
 :) New school MRD? If done as an initial ltd edition run,then why not? The originals had some of the cleanest lines ever to grace a frame.Would like to hear from some of out techies if a looptail has any disadvantages compared to straight stays. :daumenhoch:

magna13

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2010, 10:19 PM »
Well here's a moment i've been hoping would come for a long time. As Steve (ANIMAL) will back up, i am a major fan of MRD, probably as much as Steve, only difference is he has the collection and i have bugger all! :-[ :LolLolLolLol: for Tim to reproduce his line of Pro frames as a re-issue would be brilliant and as the above have said, they will sell mega quick. The thing i'm really interested in is if he'd be interested in making NS race frames, that is something i'd go buy tomorrow if i had the chance! :smitten: :4_17_5:

gossa

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2010, 10:24 PM »
I'll pass on your comments mate, it's really just an idea, I think Tim might not realise the potential as the frames didn't sell in big numbers BITD so he's wary. I just want to give him some idea of the demand.

Offline Darren Wood

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2010, 10:55 PM »
Tell the old boy i would have one and EVEN PAY FOR IT  ;D                   Unlike the plates back in the day man thanks for that Co sponsorship  :daumenhoch:

WOODY  :4_17_5:

baldbmxer

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2010, 10:57 PM »
Ask him if he know Dave Park, I'd love a Cruiser!!?

MM

MRD didnt make a cruiser. There were two frames used as team bikes though, a JMC cruiser and a Bassett.

urbanAir

« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2010, 06:59 AM »
a new school MRD would be great, although Tim's attitude towards the sport and people that gave him a household name doesnt really sit well in my eyes.

dialledbikes

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2010, 08:32 AM »
I think Tim is still passionate about the sport, just not some of the assholes who run it.

Offline 58 delray

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2010, 12:19 PM »
what sort of money would we be looking at Clive?

kirk

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2010, 01:01 PM »
I thought Curtis made the MRD stuff, but I would buy a new one.

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2010, 01:16 PM »
I think Tim is still passionate about the sport, just not some of the assholes who run it.

I don't know Mike, I am sure I have seen him mocking old school BMXers and collectors in an interview at some stage.

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2010, 01:32 PM »
oh well if he been knocking us old schooler we best have a laugh at his little todger  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

dave the bmxing gypo

Offline Bigplinky

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2010, 03:13 PM »
Don't know if he would sell many OS Pro repro frames (lots might say they want one but how many cough up is a different matter) but I think he could move a few 531/4130 brazed NS 20" Pro's and 24" Cruisers which could be "influenced" by todays best race frames.
Why oh why do I still buy kids bikes!

baldbmxer

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2010, 03:22 PM »
oh well if he been knocking us old schooler we best have a laugh at his little todger  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Dave. After a recent conversation on Face Book I'm not surprised you have a naked picture of Tim March in you're files.  ???

Gashead and Billstup will concur. 

Offline crazycraig

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2010, 03:46 PM »
Tim Marsh must have the longest face in BMX  . Is he related to Jeremy Clarkson ? They look like they are from the same mould  .

He's a reet  ugly cnut  :)
Old School BMX only
Cash is King
Your not famous because you have a BMX so dont expect me to lick your arse for bits !!! I will leave that to the sheep
Jim'll fix it did loads for charity

PK6061

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2010, 05:23 PM »
a new school MRD f&f with a bit off an old school twist with the decals' would be
gud for me (no retro sh*t that cant be rode thanks). :D

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  MRD Re-issue!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx