gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975562 Posts in 138924 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 15, 2024, 03:26 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  CANT UNDERSTAND SOME COLLECTORS
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: CANT UNDERSTAND SOME COLLECTORS  (Read 6231 times)

sweetbeats

Re: CANT UNDERSTAND SOME COLLECTORS
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2010, 11:46 AM »
People can do what the fk they want...without bmx police getting dumb over antique childrens bike's,some people get so anal about bmx sometimes,get a grip,do some skidz and get out the house and ride :crazy2:

moley

« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2010, 12:12 PM »
Lets have a look then ???

Yeah,  lets see your collection or are you shy?  :daumenhoch:

Rooonga

« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2010, 12:21 PM »
I like to think of myself as a collector, but it always happens - get in a bit of a financial rut, and end up selling almost everything at a massive loss!

BUT - bills need to be paid, so we gotta do what we gotta do no mater how much it depresses us! (And believe me - I'm depressed right now, I hate having to sell my stuff!)

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2010, 12:25 PM »
i think its a case of each to there own.i must say tho that some of the builds ive seen that have been sold on do amaze me,some must be for keeps surely.i guess some people just change their minds on what they fancy or really want.ive been building/collecting for nearly two years now and my knowledge of os bmx is far greater than bitd,my first couple of builds have long gone,they make me cringe now but i didnt know any better back then,but now i know what im doing and am completely refreshed on os bmx i have a clear mind on what i want to build and build it for keeps
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Victoria Concordia crescit

UKBMXER1

« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2010, 12:38 PM »
I like to think of myself as a collector, but it always happens - get in a bit of a financial rut, and end up selling almost everything at a massive loss!

BUT - bills need to be paid, so we gotta do what we gotta do no mater how much it depresses us! (And believe me - I'm depressed right now, I hate having to sell my stuff!)

i hear you.

xGoose

« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2010, 12:43 PM »
Difficult one, Ive bought stuff by mistake and because I though the proper part wouldnt show up but then did, so stuff that can be easily sourced is sellable.

When it comes to complete bikes though I dont think Id sell a whole bike, either as a whole or parted cos there are parts worth hanging on to. Ive got a couple of sets of cranks, pedals, and brakes Id never get rid of. And as for my SG3 I take it to the grave!  >:D  :yahoo_silent:

Like you MarkyP though I hate to think of the lack of knowledge that made me get rid of stuff bitd. (This aint good, I didnt find out what a Tange Hot Heart was until about a year ago, I had one, I got rid thinking it was a girls bike!  :'()

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2010, 01:40 PM »
whos sknny

?

Dave
haro, how do you do

Rooonga

« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2010, 02:16 PM »
I still can't believe I let this go for 500 quid!

Steel hubbed skyways and a pair of MX100s with matching Tech 3's all in perfect condition would have been worth that on their own!

we live and learn!

BUT if I need to pay bills I recon it'll happen again.

Selling loads now, just so I can sell my car!

I need to put my number plate on retention, and don't have the money to do that - once that's done I can then sell my car AT A 6 GRAND LOSS IN 2 YEARS!!

Hey - we gotta live :'(

UKBMXER1

« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2010, 02:33 PM »
whos sknny

?

Dave

You dave?

Roononga sorry you have to sell some of your collection . but as you say bills have to come first and bread on the table etc
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 02:46 PM by UKBMXER1 »

eamonn

« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2010, 02:48 PM »

i hear you.

wheres your collection?

« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 03:05 PM by eamonn »

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2010, 06:43 PM »
i just like the old bikes.
i got one i'll not sell but also like to buy and sell a few bits etc.
so which cat do i fit in lol  :D
dave the bmxing gypo

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2010, 06:48 PM »
ukbmxer, stop fookin about and get your collection pics up

Dave
haro, how do you do

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2010, 07:24 PM »
knowlegde and economics,  ie :- i wish id kept all the bikes and parts i sold back then at one point i had 10 bikes but had to sell , got a few bits left i hung onto through the dark years which i'm going to hang on to , although i'm undecided weather it's because they might be worth a few quid or just because i've had em so long and there're not made by anyone anymore? which takes you back to reason 1    :crazy2:  :idiot2: , some people are happy with a temporary collection, build it aprreciate it a bit then use it to fund another one, other people want to keep hold of stuff , when you consider the time and expence it can take to find what your looking for its no supprise   

Dannywhiteley i've got a half decent Kappa jacket if your interested  :daumenhoch:   :LolLolLolLol:
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 07:26 PM by oldtired »

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2010, 09:28 PM »
tunnels
haro, how do you do

scott250

« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2010, 10:27 PM »
To be honist, I carnt understand why anyone would want to collect old BMXs ither, haha.  Riding them is the fun bit for me, I find building bikes is a pain.

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2010, 02:19 AM »
same old fecking roundabout. you can do what you want, some will approve, some won't. you only get problems when you go round seeking approval from everybody. don't want grief, keep your business private. same as real life no? deal with it and move on. 82140 topics, i bet 50% are dragging up the same shite over and over. $3000 dollar for aerospeeds, bla bla, polished turd for a gazillion dollars, bla bla bla. thank god for the d&d.
ding dong

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2010, 07:43 AM »
me thinks this is just a wind up by someone thats got fook all, knows fook all, and an opinion....

morning adam!!!!
R.I.P  O.M. Far short of the finish line...

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2010, 08:00 AM »

someone who dont know who they are this week dave
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 08:06 AM by QUADROPHENIA »

neiljonarcus

« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2010, 08:51 AM »
     UKBMXER        "jason "           lets see your bikes         :police: :police: :police:

russ j

« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2010, 10:44 AM »
I am a collector, always have been and always will be.  And not just BMX, as far back as I can remember its been football shirts, those little warhammer figures, vintage star wars toys, building oldschool VW's, collecting vintage clothing (Adidas, Nike, Tacchini etc) and its always been about the chase.  Once you have sourced, bought and owned a piece its usually not as cool as the thought of owning it.  So people get bored, move on and sell it and look for the next piece.

I once set about locating a vintage 1983 Sergio Tacchini Dallas tracksuit cos a mate in school had one and I was always jealous of him.  I evetually found one (before all these reissues came about) and paid £175 for it.  When it arrived I looked at it, tried it on and realised i'd never wear it and eventually sold it on for £250.  Bought a reissue in the end for £30 that didnt matter it it got snagged in the pub.

I am currently into vintage 'casual' clothing, Stone Island, CP Company, Lacoste, Paul & Shark etc, not new from shops but scoured from ebay, charity shops etc.  Some I keep, some I sell.  Its all about the chase.

Most antique dealers are the same, pieces get moved around from person to person.  Its only tends to be the pieces with real sentimental value that are real keepers, whether that is your original bike from BITD that you would never sell, and old trackie that you got for your 12 birthday, or a family heirloom that is practically worthless but worth a fortune in sentiment.

Not always about $$$, although if you play any of these games well you dont have to come out 'out of pocket'.

A lot of this shit is easy come easy go.

:daumenhoch:

I'm not a collector as per say of Starwars vintage,the stuff above is my original toys from BITD 8) luckly i had parents who always tought me to look after what i had  8).Regarding BMX i'm a collector (and love the building and sourcing side of it) but will not sell (a horder i guess :-[ ;D) mainly Raleigh Burners but i love the whole OS BMX scene with a passion :smitten:.Some excellent builds from you lads on here and its a pleasure to 'drool' over the many pics that you lads put up :daumenhoch:

I'm also into Sportwear as well (not vintage stuff,far to costly for me atm) but the 'newer' re-issue stuff (FILA Vintage,Adidas Originals mainly) I always were jealous of my mates bitd with all the 'casuel' sportswear they wore but my parents couldn't afford the really nice top end stuff (Terrinda's etc...) so know they have re-issued such items and all within a reasonable cost i've started collecting 8)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 10:59 AM by russ j »

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2010, 11:32 AM »
tunnels
haro, how do you do

safc1

« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2010, 10:16 AM »
ukbmxer ? are you still about......

are you having probs getting the pics up ?

safc1

« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2010, 08:45 AM »

???

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2010, 01:39 PM »
Maybe Mark has forgotten which ego to use  ::)

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Deano

« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2010, 03:08 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol: This thread is funny maaaaaan

I dont fit in anywhere ;D
I collect and build and ride (badly) ::) Some of my bikes i dont ride as they were built for personal reasons and i intend them to go on the wall at some point. Also i have bmx's that people say they would not ride as they are worth too much.

Let the next man/women do as he or she pleases i say :daumenhoch: Its all bmx and keeping the scene alive

Where is the thread starters bikes then???

:Great_Britain:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  CANT UNDERSTAND SOME COLLECTORS

gfxgfx
gfx gfx