gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975536 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 28, 2024, 12:43 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  2010 RADBMX Charity ride! 5th September!!!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 2010 RADBMX Charity ride! 5th September!!!  (Read 68470 times)

Offline GTnumber1

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: 2010 RADBMX Charity ride! 5th September!!!
« Reply #250 on: September 05, 2010, 11:01 PM »
top day and met some top blokes  :daumenhoch:

how were your brakes mate?

ye they were realy good glens BIG thanks for helping me sort them out yesterday  :daumenhoch:

Offline aerostylie

• Cherry Picker
  • Ridin the TA (but not quite like Bob Medrano)
  • Rated:
« Reply #251 on: September 05, 2010, 11:03 PM »
Mega day today wasn't it , so who's arse is sore, I'm sure I now have the GT logo imprinted on my a**...plastic seats!!

Met lots of new cool radsters today and old buddies alike, riding around London like BMX bandits was a highlight. :daumenhoch:

All for a great cause as well , Rob Pickle you da man for organising this, did you go to Buckingham Palace to get your O.B.E :angel:

Top day, top radsters, top bikes, thanks all  :4_17_5:
Vans Style

Offline GTnumber1

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #252 on: September 05, 2010, 11:06 PM »
Mega day today wasn't it , so who's arse is sore, I'm sure I now have the GT logo imprinted on my a**...plastic seats!!

Met lots of new cool radsters today and old buddies alike, riding around London like BMX bandits was a highlight. :daumenhoch:

All for a great cause as well , Rob Pickle you da man for organising this, did you go to Buckingham Palace to get your O.B.E :angel:

Top day, top radsters, top bikes, thanks all  :4_17_5:

my arse and hands are fooked  :2funny: and me knees after bashing them on my pegs when we carried our bikes up them fooking stairs  :LolLolLolLol:

Tim38

« Reply #253 on: September 06, 2010, 01:36 AM »
top day out heres me and ed209 on the hip hop tip at st pauls

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #254 on: September 06, 2010, 06:56 AM »
Go hard or not at all  :daumenhoch:

That picture was taken as the security women were telling me to get the bikes shifted... "can you move these bikes?" she said... "they aren't all mine!" says I

We had a wicked day ... 12hrs of driving and riding - well done to Rob for hitting a car and not having a massive row - nice blocking tactics Rob  :daumenhoch:

£165 raised for GOSH by my daughter  :daumenhoch: - We'll be back next year  :D
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #255 on: September 06, 2010, 07:53 AM »
 :LolLolLolLol:  bloody stupid idiot in his Skoda!   >:(   although it was my fault to be honest  ;D  but hey ho, he's the one with a nice dent and scratch  :angel:

twas a great day, shame we all got split up going down Oxford St (as bloody usual) but you just can't stop the kids from rushing off at the front.

it was great to see lots of new faces and also meet up with some top old friends.......my day was only spoilt at the end by not being allowed on the tube and having to ride from Picadilly down to south kensington to get on the damn train  >:(  they wouldn't let me on but some stupid woman with a buggie the size of a family car goes straight through  :tickedoff:

but all in all another top day in the big smoke  :daumenhoch:

Huge thanks to everyone for coming along and making it a top day out, without you lot i'd just riding round on my own  ;D  and thanks to Gashead for your help in keeping up the rear and making sure no one got left behind  :4_17_5:

« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 08:14 AM by pickle »

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
« Reply #256 on: September 06, 2010, 08:39 AM »
Well done again Rob for a top day out and was great catching up with everyone again. The curry around 7 was nice also, good end to a top day, roll on next year   :daumenhoch:

SaMAlex

« Reply #257 on: September 06, 2010, 08:47 AM »
This year was the first year Ive made it along. It was fun, I love cycling round, I dont do it enough. Me and JT71 Joe cycled MILES! (How glad am I that I still use a seatpost? haha)

Thanks to all who organized the event. Top job  :daumenhoch:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #258 on: September 06, 2010, 08:52 AM »
Phil couldn't make it Glen, but it was soo busy he wouldn't of had room........there were miles more cyclists this year  :shocked:

scarey 1168

« Reply #259 on: September 06, 2010, 09:10 AM »
Well done Pickle had a great day on my goose, felt like we were in ET going down Oxford street !!!!! Roll on next year

Offline GTnumber1

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #260 on: September 06, 2010, 09:32 AM »
This year was the first year Ive made it along. It was fun, I love cycling round, I dont do it enough. Me and JT71 Joe cycled MILES! (How glad am I that I still use a seatpost? haha)

Thanks to all who organized the event. Top job  :daumenhoch:

was glad i met you two yesterday or i probably would have still been there LOST!!!!!  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

Going through all the red lights was the nuts especialy with bendycats SIREN  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

SaMAlex

« Reply #261 on: September 06, 2010, 09:35 AM »
was glad i met you two yesterday or i probably would have still been there LOST!!!!!

Its funny meeting people off RAD in person and having no idea who their user name is. Joe knew you were ..... you  :LolLolLolLol:
That last few miles of riding was one of my fav parts of the day. When else will we be able to bomb thro the tunnel, weaving in and out of the cats eyes and hitting the little banks on the side of the road. So much fun, pure BMX!

thecrooch

« Reply #262 on: September 06, 2010, 10:08 AM »
was a manic day - excellent fun but am feeling it today after bashing my elbow getting taken out by a kid on the sky ride... (too many bikes on it now, think we will have to have a re think on that next year, normally it helps having the traffic off the roads but the amount of bikes on sky ride makes it more dangerous....)

sorry we all got split up - was a pain constantly trying to keep the kids in check from racing off every lights.... at least we all made it to GOSH for the photo opps.

Props to all that helped out.... lets get the sponsership cash in and get the total rising....ive got some pics on FB. 

Offline aerostylie

• Cherry Picker
  • Ridin the TA (but not quite like Bob Medrano)
  • Rated:
« Reply #263 on: September 06, 2010, 02:20 PM »
85,000 at the Skyride yesterday, no wonder it was busy!!

Saw a few stacks along the sky-route so did the honourable thing......and rode past ;D

Shame we all got split up, great when they stop to let peeps cross, then you bomb off the line fast as fook  >:D

Who saw them dancin binkini clad babes in the tunnel 8).....well I hope they were babes!

BMX ROCKS and so do you Radsters :daumenhoch:
Vans Style

SaMAlex

« Reply #264 on: September 06, 2010, 02:27 PM »
Who saw them dancin binkini clad babes in the tunnel 8).....well I hope they were babes!

Yeahman! When we cycled past they were just getting ready so they were bent over their stuff. Shame! haha.

JT71

« Reply #265 on: September 06, 2010, 02:50 PM »

Yeahman! When we cycled past they were just getting ready so they were bent over their stuff. Shame! haha.

REAL SHAME! lol.

Man we did ride f***ing miles on bmxes didn't we?

JT71

« Reply #266 on: September 06, 2010, 02:53 PM »
who was the lady on the road bike? the one who asked me if she had grease on her face.
is she a radster? and if so where was her bmx?

and what about those hard core dudes riding 16s! nuts.

and where was Wally...i mean Robbo.

Offline GTnumber1

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #267 on: September 06, 2010, 02:54 PM »

like alex said we only got to see there back doors as they were bent over yumi yum yum    :shocked:  :buck2:  :P :buck2: :P  :smitten:

JT71

« Reply #268 on: September 06, 2010, 03:01 PM »
oh and there was that really dodgy chick outside st pauls trying to ply Alex with a quite likely drugged energy drink!
(if Jimmy P had been there he would have sniffed her out as some government agent there to sniff out the rebellious bmxing ring leaders and take them out!)

"do you want this? (offers S&M Al an energy drink) oh that sounds a bit dodgy doesn't it" yes love it totally did! lol.

SaMAlex

« Reply #269 on: September 06, 2010, 03:11 PM »
Man we did ride f***ing miles on bmxes didn't we?

Ive just had a quick look on mapmyrun.com. Me and joe cycled about 8 miles once we got off the bus near Marble arch, along the south of the river (did some wallrides at southback), back over Tower bridge to Spit'fields (Ive not been there since watching Hoffman ride in 92), all before we'd even met up with everyone else. Then we cycled round London a bit, along the "crash straight" to the tunnel and back, then right back along the river to Earls Court to get the bus home. Thats gotta be over 20 miles, plus the 5 miles we did in Oxford.

Maybe I SHOULD have taken that girls Energy drink. I think I needed it.

Offline Robbo

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #270 on: September 06, 2010, 03:32 PM »

I was there briefly mate, we did the first part of the run and when you lot went to the Gun 8 of us headed into Cov Garden for beers and food at the Punch and Judy. Mrs Robbo was dissapointed she didnt get to meet you....NOT  :LolLolLolLol:

JT71

« Reply #271 on: September 06, 2010, 03:36 PM »

I was there briefly mate, we did the first part of the run and when you lot went to the Gun 8 of us headed into Cov Garden for beers and food at the Punch and Judy. Mrs Robbo was dissapointed she didnt get to meet you....NOT  :LolLolLolLol:

What you mean is you were worried she'd take one look at me and go "actually Robbo, I much prefer non-gay larger gentlemen....hey Joe let's go"  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:
We didn't get to Battersea until about 12pm so we were an hour behind...still caught the bunch up at the Gun even after stopping to let Alex play around on the southbank for a bit. but by then you'd done a runner!

SaMAlex

« Reply #272 on: September 06, 2010, 03:41 PM »
We didn't get to Battersea until about 12pm

Joe, you MUST remember where we were at 12? We were on the south of the river, cycling opposite big ben, RIGHT as it was chimming 12 noon. It must have had some kind of significance ..... not sure what tho

even after stopping to let Alex play around on the southbank for a bit.

by "play" you mean "fired out some moved that even philbert would have been stunned by!". I think those 2 kids on MTBs were amazed. Im not sure the 4 year old on the 12" BMX was too impressed tho. He kept crossing my line and messin me up when I was tring to get on that sub box.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 03:54 PM by S&MAlex »

Offline Robbo

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #273 on: September 06, 2010, 03:45 PM »

What you mean is you were worried she'd take one look at me and go "actually Robbo, I much prefer non-gay larger gentlemen....hey Joe let's go"  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:
We didn't get to Battersea until about 12pm so we were an hour behind...still caught the bunch up at the Gun even after stopping to let Alex play around on the southbank for a bit. but by then you'd done a runner!

Never mind mate, I'll get some Mrs Robbo pictures of for you later.  :daumenhoch:

JT71

« Reply #274 on: September 06, 2010, 03:57 PM »
We didn't get to Battersea until about 12pm

Joe, you MUST remember where we were at 12? We were on the south of the river, cycling opposite big ben, RIGHT as it was chimming 12 noon. It must have had some kind of significance ..... not sure what tho

even after stopping to let Alex play around on the southbank for a bit.

by "play" you mean "fired out some moved that even philbert would have been stunned by!". I think those 2 kids on MTBs were amazed. Im not sure the 4 year old on the 12" BMX was too impressed tho. He kept crossing my line and messin me up when I was tring to get on that sub box.

haha that's right we were, and you were "hey it's chiming 12" not sure of the significance either but it was cool. lol. You dig it the most though.

and those graffiti painting 12 year olds were loving your work on the bike too!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  2010 RADBMX Charity ride! 5th September!!!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx