gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975524 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6344 Members - Latest Member: MTBMX April 18, 2024, 09:47 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Removing parts - What tools do I need?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Removing parts - What tools do I need?  (Read 1614 times)

deckfourtyfour

Removing parts - What tools do I need?
« on: August 17, 2005, 05:26 PM »
Gonna ask you all for some advice.

I need to strip my frame for some cosmetic work that I will be having done. Just wondering about removing the crank/bottom bracket and the headset.

The frame is a redline cruiser, currently with a one-piece redline crank (generic one that came with the bike) and an FSA Pig headset.

Once the frame has been fixed up, I will be putting on some new Redline cranks and a new headset.

Could you advise me on what tools I will need to buy to do this work? My local bike shops have been pretty unhelpful.

Many thanks

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
Re: Removing parts - What tools do I need?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2005, 05:42 PM »
big hammer and a huge screwdriver lol
 u will need them to knock the cups out
well allen keys and various size spanners ranging from 10mm up pedals are 15mm
and a pair of grips to remove locking nuts on cranks
should do ya for now

aditup

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2005, 06:22 PM »
Adjustable pipe spanner for the bigger nuts; headset and crank, etc, as grips leave "teeth" marks.  ;) Ad

rukus

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2005, 09:18 PM »
grips are for your bars........get down to your local bikeshop/halfords and get the spanner!!
headset and b/b often share the same spanner,2 sizes sharing 1 open end.grips and adjustables are a bodge.......borrow if you need 2!!
also a hammer is fine but a piece of wood is a better bet than a screw driver,you  can knock  out cups and back in a bit safer,PROMISE!!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Removing parts - What tools do I need?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx