gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975536 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 28, 2024, 07:01 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  graphite tuffs
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: graphite tuffs  (Read 1619 times)

haro magnet

graphite tuffs
« on: June 09, 2010, 03:50 PM »
hi need some help with 1st gen graphite tuffs does anyone know who restores them in the UK. can get it done in the states but dont want to send them out there

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: graphite tuffs
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 05:13 PM »
just curious, but how do they actually restore them without pulling them apart and distroying them?    ???

sam
R.I.P  O.M. Far short of the finish line...

haro magnet

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 07:26 PM »
just curious, but how do they actually restore them without pulling them apart and distroying them?    ???

sam
[e] dont actually know but have heard you can have slight dings and scractes sanded out and they come up like new.but have not seen this myself this is why iam asking.i have been told this can be done in the u.s

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 08:23 PM »
i think they must either lightly buff up the plastic after sanding or have them painted...  good luck!!!! ;)
R.I.P  O.M. Far short of the finish line...

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 08:20 AM »
They get media blasted, Waza in NSW does them here in Australia but any good blaster should be able to do them.  It needs to be media blasting though, not shot or sand  :daumenhoch:.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abrasive_blasting

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline Bigplinky

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2010, 08:23 AM »
Stuff like that normally looks better with the battle scares than some gash repair which has a different surface finish to the original, I'd leave them well alone.
Why oh why do I still buy kids bikes!

haro magnet

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2010, 04:38 PM »
They get media blasted, Waza in NSW does them here in Australia but any good blaster should be able to do them.  It needs to be media blasting though, not shot or sand  :daumenhoch:.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abrasive_blasting
mmm do they look good as new when they been media blasted or s**t
thanks

Offline pkradman

• Rated:
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2010, 08:25 PM »
fcuk it .. just get sam or neil to paint em with dulux matt emulsion  , they have the midas touch when it come to paint wheels  :daumenhoch:

ozone

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2010, 07:30 AM »
Stuff like that normally looks better with the battle scares than some gash repair which has a different surface finish to the original, I'd leave them well alone.

+1 on that.  If you really want to devalue your wheels then go for it...

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  graphite tuffs

gfxgfx
gfx gfx