gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975537 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 29, 2024, 04:03 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  Cheers from Hootski & Spen's big fixit & beer tent
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Cheers from Hootski & Spen's big fixit & beer tent  (Read 5523 times)

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
Cheers from Hootski & Spen's big fixit & beer tent
« on: August 02, 2010, 08:45 AM »
Well as always guys, we just wanted to say what a crackin' weekend we had, and it was a pleasure catching up with old friends and making new friends ;-)

In no particular order, the highligts for me were

Animal Steve for taking my title from last year of drunkest man at MK and for being able to return the favour he did me last time and carry him to his pit at 1am. Goes without saying how good his bikes were by the trophies he won!

Bobafett & Norty40 for keeping the 2am club alive with their hours of darkness under the radar 11pm surprise arrival. Oh, and for renaming it the 4.30am club this year!

The kickturn ramp on the helipad at midnight (pics please Jonnygoose!), Jase Sweetbeats, roll-back on the boom-box trike

The 2nd & 3rd drunkest people at MK arriving on the boom-box trike at 2am and the lass who was trying to pedal it and turned it over - I could hardly see as it was dark, I was hammered and with the tears of laughter rolling down my face I have no idea who it was!

The same lass above telling Simon Cupid Stunt he looked like Jenson Button. All of you who know Si can probably agree how funny and completely untrue that is, proving just how drunk but fookin entertaining she was!

Southern Andy having to go to bed as his teenage son Reece was tired - an excuse I never thought I'd hear!

MaryP, sorry, MarkyP telling us he'd never camped before, sat there in full beach-ware flio-flops & shorts shivering by the fire at 2am! No shit Sherlock! Top fella and those bikes - how fookin lush?

Rakas (I think?) baleing out his Gen1 with the 144-spoke wheels on the helipad kick-turn ramp and narrowly missing the poor lass helping her fella put the tent up - most of the folk on here just look at your bikes, but he was giving his Gen1 the full beans!

Talking cod-shit to strangers and missing the pit-bike race I was supposed to be riding in ;-( didn't get much built or sold either!)

Waking up just over 3hrs after I went to bed - first thought I had was "shit, Jai's stall will be open" and jumping out of bed, only to fall over drunk still! Got some great bits and missed a classic £5 blue DC1020, cable & lever bargain - damn you Bobafett!

Spending all my cash and more & having to borrow an emergency tenner of Sweetbeats Jase for our kid and a set of GT bars he didn't need but wanted anyway!

The lads from the Walthamstow bike shop who looked like the fookin Cray family of gangsters and would kill you  but were a fookin hoot and top fellas! Crank-caps for Motomag f&f deal was the haggle of the weekend!

Matt Swivel making it after clearly a heavy night and coming over for a chat - always good to catch up with you Matt

Gaz the NEsherrif who's the nicest bloke in oldschool!

And finally all of you who dropped in for a beer and to fix your bikes - it was a pleasure meeting you all and helping you out where we could, especially Tim with his survivor Motomag we put together for him from Blue Peter magic & bits we had lying around, Andy 58Delray with that lush Ripper he was giving the full beans to on the track and everyone else who ventured up to the top field and called in to name but a few!

I'll add some pics later and would appreciate any from you lot, but just wanted to say mahoooosive thanks to the organisers as it was brilliant again ;-)

Spen

Ps - mods, if you need to move this I wasn't sure if it was chat or not?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 08:56 PM by Spen69 »
Still limping......

JT71

Re: Cheers from Hootski & Spen's big fixit & beer tent
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 08:49 AM »
Spen why weren't you racing dude?

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 08:58 AM »
Joe, same prob as last year but with less sleep. I told Bobafett & Norty40 to take our places as Hootski had done his back in and I am just a plank and was still so drunk I couldn't ride properly and would have injured myself ;-(

Realy sorry about that as I really wanted to have another go.

As for the pit-bike race I was putting my Supergoose together and didn't know what time it actually started ;-(
Still limping......

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 09:01 AM »
 :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

Tell me about it Spen poor lad, he's 15 aswell. I was impressed he got past midnight, well 2mins past anyway.

There was me, Pickle, Mark and Sawzall all talking next to the kick ramp in the darkness and this BBQ thing going with no-one sat round it with chairs out. It would have been rude not. ;D

We sat down in front of this immense fire and along came your brother Simon who started ripping in to us for knicking his seats  :LolLolLolLol: within 45 seconds every seat was filled and we had to get more. Made even better when Bobafett and Norty joined us.

Twas a great evening and both Spen and Simon his brother are superb and very funny hosts. Quality guys.
One build a year, the only way to get it right. No rushing involved.

In2 bmx

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2010, 09:02 AM »
Had fun at your tent Spen. Plenty beer  ;).  My legs are aching after playing on the Kickturn ramp at 2 in the morning pissed ....   :daumenhoch:  

Oh and thanks for looking after our bike that we left out   :idiot2:

Carl

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2010, 09:13 AM »
Fook, I forgot about that Carl - the gazeebo was full of so many other people's bikes I decided to kip in there as we'd run out of locks!

The boom-box trike took up most of the room mind!
Still limping......

Offline rollin72

• 900 Air
  • I was a ninja
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2010, 09:39 AM »
hootski and spen you are sound lads, thanks for putting our bikes in your tent i  thought carl would have done it but he was more bolloxed than i was, what a scary sight you are at 8 am spen :LolLolLolLol:you looked like frank gallagher :D
id just thrown up behind my tent and some bloke was looming over me couldnt see properly cos it was so dark ::)and it was norty40 and bobafett, top surprise was good to see you lads pity i then bombed out and missed the 4am cub
nice1 gaz :daumenhoch:

sweetbeats

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2010, 09:51 AM »
Top Night Spen and Hootski...loved setting fire to everthing as well-and also beating my roll back record was fun as well  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline poolysheriff

• Team Moderator
  • Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2010, 10:46 AM »
Great to see you again too Spen  :daumenhoch:

And too swap a few bits and bobs  ;)

What a great MK it was !

last place reece

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2010, 11:14 AM »
I think it was you who wanted to go to bed at midnight Dad i could have stayed up till 4 in the morning drinking with my mates.   :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2010, 11:20 AM »
Lovely seeing you Spen and co also, always like catching up with you fella  ;) I was a broken man but really excited about being there and seeing everyone and all of those lovely builds, standards were certainly up from last year, great stuff, roll on MK11  :daumenhoch:

Offline brummie

• Team Moderator
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2010, 11:30 AM »
nice one spen & hootski great to meet ya and a great night. bmx, drinkin laughin setting fire to anything you could get your hands on  :LolLolLolLol: bruises have started to come out from my 3 trips into the hedge on the ride home be safer to camp next year i reckon

:daumenhoch:

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2010, 11:41 AM »
nice one spen & hootski great to meet ya and a great night. bmx, drinkin laughin setting fire to anything you could get your hands on  :LolLolLolLol: bruises have started to come out from my 3 trips into the hedge on the ride home be safer to camp next year i reckon

Shame I couldn't join ya on the saturday Dave, will catch up next year fella. Are you on the london or birmingham rides soon?

Matt  :daumenhoch:

Offline brummie

• Team Moderator
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2010, 12:02 PM »

Shame I couldn't join ya on the saturday Dave, will catch up next year fella. Are you on the london or birmingham rides soon?

Matt  :daumenhoch:

yes Matt hope to be at the brum one  :daumenhoch: would have hung round a bit but felt propa rough sunday catch up soon matey  :daumenhoch:

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2010, 12:53 PM »
Thanks for the hospitality Spen , first class as usual  :4_17_5:  Great to meet Hootski , Cupid Stunt again  :)

Finally got to meet Southern Andy and  Reece after missing them last year when Andy had to bale out to transport the injured home  :D  Genuinely nice guys  ;)

MaryP .... he's actually a lot prettier in the flesh  :-*  (I bet your so glad Craig didn't make it down to see you ! )

Animal (Steve)  what can i say , cracking laugh and all round top guy , nice bikes too  :daumenhoch:

Not forgetting Brummie Dave , Jase (do you ever shut up mate  ;D ) and Carl (In2bmx) for a good laugh chatting/drinking with you , Saturday night was funny and im so glad i dragged Mr Fett down earlier . Carl was awesome on the Ramp , Jase was good but did John ever manage that kickturn ,10/10 for effort mate  :D  ???   Hopefully next year we might be a little more prepared    ::)     ( I think that may be the understatement of the weekend  :-[  )

Big thanks to  Gaz 'rollin with Ramsay' for his much needed and excellent cuisine on the Sunday morning , your a star mate and it was very much appreciated  :daumenhoch:  

Cheers lads  :4_17_5:
WANTED : Old school BMX patches/sew on badges ......  please  :)

Offline 58 delray

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2010, 01:50 PM »
a big thank you to you guys for what seemed like the constant use of your tools and facilities after i trashed the cones in my rear skyway  :daumenhoch:

andy

Deano

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2010, 05:07 PM »
Guys it was real nice to see you both again, just sorry i couldnt make it back for the Sunday  ::)

I really wanted to camp but family party ruined that  :'(

Sounds like i missed all the fun and games too  ;D

Next year ill plan it out better  :daumenhoch:

:coolsmiley:

Offline animal

• Team Moderator
  • BMX Nerd
  • MRD Loony & proud
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2010, 08:07 PM »
U 2 r a hoot  ;) wish I'd had more staying power  :LolLolLolLol: But who cares I enjoyed it all  8)

Offline animal

• Team Moderator
  • BMX Nerd
  • MRD Loony & proud
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2010, 08:07 PM »
Just awaiting the pics  ::)

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2010, 09:35 PM »

Fun and games at Spen and Si's gazebo again - top laugh  :4_17_5: :LolLolLolLol:

Few thank you's from me also:

Joff - for dragging me down on saturday night even though my missus had a baby just day earlier !  :4_17_5:
Spen and Si - top hospitality as always  ;)
Carl and Jase - for keeping the ramp action going til past 2a.m. !  :shocked:
Gaz - for saving my life on Sunday morning with a sausage bap followed by a bacon bap - I owe you big time mate  :daumenhoch:
Phil - for giving me the full lowdown on his S.J.K. and what a bike it is  8)
Everyone I bought stuff from - It felt like every single thing I got was a bargain  :coolsmiley:
Everyone else - for making MK what it is  :daumenhoch:

Sure I've forgot loads more - soz  :-[

Pics from Spen and Si's gazebo.........

Ramp sesh.......

The 2a.m. club.........

The the 3a.m. club........

And finally the 4:20a.m. club..........

What a weekend - bring on MK11  :daumenhoch:

mongoositis - an expensive disease......

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2010, 10:27 PM »
Fook - I totally forgot Moley - dude, I'm so fookin sorry :2funny: :2funny: :crazy2:

I am already looking forward to next year - here's a few of my pics......

The 8am club when I rushed out the tent 'cause Jai's stall was open and fell over the bottles and cans......

The "oh feck, he's not gonna make it club"....... Steve, we fookin' love you bud :LolLolLolLol:

The "please Mr Hootski, can you fix my bike it's broken" club....

The "I'm so glad I didn't stay out drinking with you lot as I had to deal with my daughter this morning" club - Mr PeterJ and Isabella (she got her good looks from her mom for sure!)

The "how the fook am I gonna get all this into one motor" club......

The "I build fookin lush bikes when I'm sober" club

The "you lookin' at my bike" club - Sam, we fookin' love ya bud, especially the yellow mags :smitten:

Finally, the " Hootski is BA Baracas and he built my bike from scrap he had lying about the place" club - Tim's rat-survivor 1980 Motomag he had as a lad :daumenhoch: :smitten: :smitten:

See you all next year you nutters :4_17_5:

Spen
Still limping......

Offline animal

• Team Moderator
  • BMX Nerd
  • MRD Loony & proud
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2010, 07:19 PM »
Great pics Spen  ;D how mullered  :LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  Cheers from Hootski & Spen's big fixit & beer tent

gfxgfx
gfx gfx