gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975499 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6343 Members - Latest Member: dan-dare March 28, 2024, 06:25 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  NEXT YEAR? WHat's the score? MK or no MK ??
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: NEXT YEAR? WHat's the score? MK or no MK ??  (Read 16505 times)

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • BRASS MONKEY, JUNKIE, THAT FUNKY MONKEY !
  • Rated:
NEXT YEAR? WHat's the score? MK or no MK ??
« on: August 02, 2010, 08:47 PM »
spoke to a few of the admin and organisers, there seems to be a doubt about MK being available for 2011 meet?

anybody know the 'score' or what alternatives there are?
MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
Re: NEXT YEAR? WHat's the score? MK or no MK ??
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 08:53 PM »
Yes! The only doubt is MK track is looking for a new home, however that's reliant on funding! So I'm pretty sure that on the first or second of August MK 11 will happen!

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 09:04 PM »

if MK aint available nick knows of 2 or 3 tracks in wales that we can use

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 09:26 PM »

if MK aint available nick knows of 2 or 3 tracks in wales that we can use

heard there plenty of tracks in Wales, mostly in people arms.. >:D ;D
MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2010, 09:28 PM »
seriously though, maybe an entry fee/ticket would help if a new venue is needed ?
MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2010, 09:32 PM »
We all love MK, its a great location so if its availiable to use we will do  the RAD11 event  there. I guess we need to be mindfull that for MK Club a new track would be ace for them.

Rich

Offline HUTCHMAN

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2010, 09:36 PM »
i'll probably get moaned at for saying this but i would'nt mind paying a few quid for entry into MK,just to help boost site funds.Any other thoughts?

Offline Badbaldie

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2010, 09:50 PM »
i agree with you HUTCHMAN a quid or two entry is a small price to each person , but with the amount of people that go it would be a big help for mk track. also if a tight ass wouldnt pay 2.50 for a raffle ticket he wouldnt pay to get in either .  :LolLolLolLol: seriously thow yeah small entry fee  :daumenhoch:

Offline HUTCHMAN

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2010, 09:57 PM »
  :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

Moschops

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2010, 10:49 PM »
Lets stop this nonsense now shall we.

MK is a public access play facility we the club don't own it and have no say in its existence. we just buy a license to run events there.

Yes the club are looking to re-locate and have been for 9 years, any of you that have ever attended a planning meeting will know all about that.

The club currently have permission to tweek the current track to bring it into the naughtys, it doesn't even resemble the track of the 90's as everything has sunk.

MK BMX Racing Club will probably still be operating from its current site in 2011, unless there is an absolute miracle in land ownership, planning and funding.

Safe to say that if the powers that be want to run MK11, Pineham is more than likely to be available.

And by the way as much as us MK Guys luv you all, we don't do it out of the kindness of our hearts you do actually already make a donation every year ;)

« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 10:53 PM by Moschops »

motomagII

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2010, 10:52 PM »
Lets stop this nonsense now shall we.

MK is a public access play facility we the club don't own it and have no say in its existence. we just buy a license to run events there.

Yes the club are looking to re-locate and have been for 9 years, any of you that have ever attended a planning meeting will know all about that.

The club currently have permission to tweek the current track to bring it into the naughtys, it doesn't even resemble the track of the 90's as everything has sunk.

MK BMX Racing Club will probably still be operating from its current site in 2011, unless there is an absolute miracle in land ownership, planning and funding.

Safe to say that if the powers that be want to run MK11, Pineham is more than likely to be available.

THIS IS GOOD NEWS AS THE EVENT ROCKS AND THE SITE IS PERFECT FOR THE EVENT IT WOULD BE HARD TO FIND ANOTHER TRACK AND VENUE SO PERFECT FOR THE NEEDS SO ROLL ON NEXT YEAR AT PINEHAM .

Offline diesel

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2010, 10:53 PM »
I don't know the extent of the funds raised at mk this year, but I do know that hiring Marques, toilets, skips etc. don't come free.

Some of the money raised is from people puting their bikes in the show and shine and buying raffle tickets.

And its at this point that I'm going to rant about one comment I heard over the weekend from a member to his mate - I have seen him selling at MK every year.......

"I'm not going to pay a tenner just to show a bike"

That's the attitude mate, you carry on flogging your wares at the expense of the rest of us....... I would have dinged you... but your too scrawny and I couldn't be bothered, its not the place, the atmosphere from everyone else was top this year.

Next year leave your over priced tat at home and get involved in real BMX.....

Rant over - carry on  ???
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 10:57 PM by diesel »

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2010, 10:57 PM »
A naughty MK 11 then chops! Oh er lol  :LolLolLolLol:

As for Dans last comment, if I heard that I would not have been happy, I can assure you!

Offline HUTCHMAN

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2010, 10:57 PM »
well said Dan,know who your talking about!! and i agree.

trasher

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2010, 11:05 PM »
theres some tight fookers out there  :knuppel2:

motomagII

« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2010, 11:06 PM »
this sounds like the scrawy guy that was there and was there last year was selling some stuff getting stoned and freely admiotted not being into bmx scene but had loads bmx tat#he was complete know talkong bollocks .

anoyed me he had raleigh aero pro in shocking nick frame and forks and was after 170 for it .id have had it at sensible price but it was fooked if anyone knows him and knows otherwise let me know but i reckon these people turning jup just to sell and dont care about the bmx scene are knobs and dont put anything at all back to the site.
i bougfht tickets to raffle,race entry and show entry and an quite happy to do so as for most of the members regular on here this site is big part of ouyr sad lives and mk is amazing weekend for us so id donate towards anyday

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2010, 12:18 AM »
Thanks Lee ( Moschops ) for putting things clearly .

The title of this thread in no way reflects on MK as a venue ( past & future ) , the talk of whether there would be further events like this are purely down to whether the event can cover the overheads . This year with approx 7 days to go there were serious doubts that these costs would be covered hence a number of individuals fully prepared to help make up any shortfall because we did'nt want to cancel it , believe me when I say we're not interested in this event making a profit but purely covering the overheads so we have no shortfall . I've said over & over that we CANNOT charge to enter public land .

This is why we need the you as members to help us making this event what it is by entering the racing/show & shine , buying merchandise & site supporter tags etc  ;) .

Thanks to all of you it looks like it will indeed meet all it's costs  :4_17_5: .

Roll on MK11 .................
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 11:01 AM by Mattdub »

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2010, 12:23 AM »
woo hoo!

Can't we do another one weekend after next?  ???

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2010, 08:27 AM »
i hope we do a mk as i went again for the day and wish i did the weekend but was too close to bug jam ie weekend after .
great work by all in the event  as yes it hard work  :daumenhoch:
no1stuntmaster on instagram

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2010, 09:20 AM »
I couldn't agree more - I have happily paid to race and hope the free bike fixing service and enterainment my brother Simon (Hootski70) provided was a contribution to the scene as we both love bmx and having a laugh. If the organisers needed to up the fee to cover the cost I hope we all dig a little deeper for a few quid.

I may even pay to enter the s&s next year but am not realy into show ponies tbh. If you had a "dug out of a skip bike" category I'd have a crack at that one - just have a look at my thread with the pic of the lad's Motomag we put back together for Tim from spare bits and scrounged stuff for him, including a rear alloy hubbed Tuf! ;-)

Without MK this hobby would revert back to us being sat in our garages polishing our bikes rather than enjoying them and I mean either riding or showing them!

See you all next year ;-)

Spen
Still limping......

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2010, 10:34 AM »
Spen, i never realised you were doing a free bike fixing service.....i just thought you had shed loads of bikes with you that needed putting together   :crazy2:  fooking good on ya!!  top idea

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2010, 10:54 AM »
Thanks Lee ( Moschops ) for putting things clearly .

The title of this thread in no way reflects on MK as a venue ( past & future ) , the talk of whether there would be further events like this are purely down to whether the event can cover the overheads . This year with approx 7 days to go there were serious doubts that these costs would be covered hence a number of individuals fully prepared to help make up any shortfall because we did'nt want to cancel it , believe me when I say we're not interested in this event making a profit but purely covering the overheads so we have no shortfall . I've said over & over that we CANNOT charge to enter public land .

This is why we need the you as members to help us making this event what it is by entering the racing/show & shine , buying merchandise etc  ;) .

Thanks to all of you it looks like it will indeed meet all it's costs  :4_17_5: .

Roll on MK11 .................

Nice one Matt, Nick was saying the same to me on sunday, just glad it all come together in the end. People do need to support it and keep this event running, its a superb weekend. Roll on MK11, 12, 13, 14 etc.. etc..  :daumenhoch:

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2010, 12:35 PM »
Rob, it was mainly my brother Simon who was fixing stuff, I did all of the essential beer drinking & talking instead of building my bikes up ;-)

Lots of folk appeared needing help and we were only too glad to lend a hand and supply them with beer to calm them down. Unfortunately there was a sproket we couldn't remove off a Reflex as we'd left the vice in Sheffield, but he shot off to an LBS he knew of. Everyone else got their bikes back up and running of course!

Just trying to do our bit bud, like the rest of you ;-)

Cheers
Still limping......

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2010, 02:42 PM »
that's awesome mate!  if i'd known i would've brought my chain over as i spent about an hour trying to fit it, then fooked it up completely! it ended up in the bushes and a few F's were thrown after it  ;D

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2010, 08:23 PM »
I personally hope that MK is the venue next year, not only is it perfectly situated (centre of England) and easy to get to for most (1h 15 min from Essex for me), it also offers all the facilities we need - including a hotel within 5 mins ride, so no reason to change it.
MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  NEXT YEAR? WHat's the score? MK or no MK ??

gfxgfx
gfx gfx