gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975534 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 25, 2024, 01:59 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  NEXT YEAR? WHat's the score? MK or no MK ??
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: NEXT YEAR? WHat's the score? MK or no MK ??  (Read 16541 times)

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
    • Delirium alt/rock/metal covers
  • Rated:
Re: NEXT YEAR? WHat's the score? MK or no MK ??
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2010, 08:31 PM »
Agreed, MK is a very good venue and fairly easy to get to with it being just off the M1 (even if it is in the South really  ;) ).

moley

« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2010, 08:40 PM »
.................not only is it perfectly situated (centre of England) and easy to get to for most (1h 15 min from Essex for me

Over 3 hours for me.

The poor old Scots must have been around 6 hours!!

davegodfrey

« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2010, 08:56 PM »
next year get a thread going on bmxtalk, it'll get more people racing there, and add to the funds.
gotta keep it going at mk, its one of the best weekends of the year

Offline mattfx81

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2010, 09:03 PM »
Alot of old schoolers go on about how good the pontins races were in the 80's, how many people would you need to hire pontins somewhere for a weekend? Plus it would have chalets you could hire etc You would have to build a temporary track in the grounds, im sure the football picth would do (and knock it down afterwards) mind but Im sure Hudu or the like could sort that. Then again it would become a bmx weekender not an os (mid school inc)weekender :-[

Matt

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2010, 09:24 PM »
I asked pontins years ago
would be a great location, but they were not up for any track building etc

Offline James Nada

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2010, 09:25 PM »
Alot of old schoolers go on about how good the pontins races were in the 80's, how many people would you need to hire pontins somewhere for a weekend? Plus it would have chalets you could hire etc You would have to build a temporary track in the grounds, im sure the football picth would do (and knock it down afterwards) mind but Im sure Hudu or the like could sort that. Then again it would become a bmx weekender not an os (mid school inc)weekender :-[

Matt

Matt, I think this is a great idea.

Nor sure about the logistics of building a track for a one-off (are there any Pontins-esque venues near an existing BMX track?) or the costs of such an event but it sounds like it would be a good doo.

Offline mattfx81

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2010, 09:29 PM »
Or a pontins with an adjoining field and a land owner sympathetic to the cause.

Matt

Offline JT Smooth

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2010, 09:32 PM »
.................not only is it perfectly situated (centre of England) and easy to get to for most (1h 15 min from Essex for me

Over 3 hours for me.

The poor old Scots must have been around 6 hours!!

6.15 hours down and 4.5 back..........Derby grayhound track slightly more central   8)

Offline James Nada

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2010, 10:34 PM »
The geographic centre of the UK is in Lancashire, and the the geographic centre of England is in Leicestershire.

And I got that from wikipedia so it can't possibly be wrong. :LolLolLolLol:

Moschops

« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2010, 11:18 PM »
Well it is bloody wrong, the center of England is Fenny Stratford and thats 8 miles from the track  :daumenhoch:

Leicester have been trying to claim it for years, they ain't avin it  :P

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2010, 11:24 PM »
Well it is bloody wrong, the center of England is Fenny Stratford and thats 8 miles from the track  :daumenhoch:

Leicester have been trying to claim it for years, they ain't avin it  :P

Well said Lee  :LolLolLolLol:

Sparky24

« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2010, 02:04 PM »
if mk,s for some reason does not happen, then down here (buy gashead and i ) in the south west , cheddar would be a cool place to hold a old school bmx show. cool track and great campsite. :) :smitten:

Offline 58 delray

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2010, 08:06 PM »
Rob, it was mainly my brother Simon who was fixing stuff, I did all of the essential beer drinking & talking instead of building my bikes up ;-)

Lots of folk appeared needing help and we were only too glad to lend a hand and supply them with beer to calm them down. Unfortunately there was a sproket we couldn't remove off a Reflex as we'd left the vice in Sheffield, but he shot off to an LBS he knew of. Everyone else got their bikes back up and running of course!

Just trying to do our bit bud, like the rest of you ;-)

Cheers
although i did the work myself on my ripper and my gt if it hadn't been for your kindness in the loan of your tools and facilities i would have been fooked for the weekend after trashing the cones in my rear skyway.
saw you helping  many others aswell, so in my opinion you were both doing more than your bit  :daumenhoch:
a big thank you to all that organised or helped run the event, it was my first time and certainly won't be my last as i really enjoyed it.
also a big thankyou to Jai for finding the axle replacement kit buried in the back of his van for me.

andy

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2010, 09:41 PM »
if it hadn't been for your kindness in the loan of your tools and facilities i would have been fooked for the weekend after trashing the cones in my rear skyway.
saw you helping  many others aswell, so in my opinion you were both doing more than your bit  :daumenhoch:

Andy, you were welcome bud and it was great to meet you and see someone else who didn't sit there admiring his bikes, he was riding them like he stole them :daumenhoch:

That'll teach Pete Quad for calling us Steptoe's the cheeky fooka - just wait till next year and he needs a decent set of cone spanners or a 19mm ratchet :knuppel2: :knuppel2: :LolLolLolLol:

See you all next summer with the big fookin fixit gazeebo fellas (and the bigger 4am club I suspect >:D )
Still limping......

Woz

« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2010, 10:17 PM »
First time for me as a newbie but thought it was great and only 25 mins away for me BONUS!! happy to put a bit of money towards the cause, but will take ear plugs next year M1 traffic and sleep didn't mix, should have glugged a few more bottles.

Offline 58 delray

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2010, 12:46 AM »
if it hadn't been for your kindness in the loan of your tools and facilities i would have been fooked for the weekend after trashing the cones in my rear skyway.

Andy, you were welcome bud and it was great to meet you and see someone else who didn't sit there admiring his bikes, he was riding them like he stole them :daumenhoch:

That'll teach Pete Quad for calling us Steptoe's the cheeky fooka - just wait till next year and he needs a decent set of cone spanners or a 19mm ratchet :knuppel2: :knuppel2: :LolLolLolLol:

See you all next summer with the big fookin fixit gazeebo fellas (and the bigger 4am club I suspect >:D )
put me down for a few beers mate  :daumenhoch:
ps
the ripper's still covered in MK dust  :LolLolLolLol:

pps
the best photo that wasn't taken=the gate mans face when i put the ripper round the track  :LolLolLolLol:

« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 12:52 AM by 58delray »

moley

« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2010, 11:34 AM »
..........but will take ear plugs next year M1 traffic and sleep didn't mix, should have glugged a few more bottles.

Yep!!   A few tinnies of falling over juice sorts that problem out!!

I slept like a baby....................although I didn't puke, pee or shit myself!!  :D

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2010, 07:06 AM »
My garden it is then  :angel:

The geographic centre of the UK is in Lancashire, and the the geographic centre of England is in Leicestershire.

And I got that from wikipedia so it can't possibly be wrong. :LolLolLolLol:

"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  NEXT YEAR? WHat's the score? MK or no MK ??

gfxgfx
gfx gfx