gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975535 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 26, 2024, 09:28 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  skyway repairs
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: skyway repairs  (Read 1232 times)

YGT

skyway repairs
« on: April 19, 2006, 08:23 PM »
anyone know of ways to repair chips in skyways?

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
Re: skyway repairs
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 09:04 PM »
ive tried with no sucsess.....

Dave
haro, how do you do

gjs

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 09:36 PM »
A plastic welder might work,its a very hot air gun and a plastic welding rod ;)

Superkav

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006, 02:32 PM »
Isn't there a plastic bond like they use to fix little dings in car bumpers from when your wife goes to the supermarket and tries to park?

Moza

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2006, 01:24 PM »
Isn't there a plastic bond like they use to fix little dings in car bumpers from when your wife goes to the supermarket and tries to park?

yep they is a company called innotec make it, thing is you usually paint over it, maybe you could fine sand it and polish it ????

steve

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2006, 11:55 PM »
could you not colour polyester resin -ie the fibre glass resin with the colouring agent they use, when making a certain colour fibreglass???

-there is a uk based fibre glass supplier on the net that sells all the different gel coat pigments

-the term for fibre glass is grp

steve

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2006, 12:00 AM »
http://www.cfsnet.co.uk/acatalog/CFS_Catalogue__Pigment_Pastes_500gm_Tins_70.html

-there you go, add the correct colour pigment to your epoxy, and apply, using a shuttering type mould, then sand to shape
-easy

-=although i had a red skyway once that i hit a kerb with and broke out a bit of the rim, It didn't stick very well with araldite, prehaps i should have let it dry :D -the tyre popped it out when i pumped it up!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  skyway repairs

gfxgfx
gfx gfx